Profile for redcloudsd > Reviews

Content by redcloudsd

redcloudsd "oglakota" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Multicoloured Mayhem: Parenting the Many Shades of Adolescents and Children with Autism, Asperger Syndrome and AD/HD
by Jacqui Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Different is cool, 25 July 2014
How this incredible Mum of 7, with 4 boys in the autistic spectrum, has found time to write this helpful and amusing book, as well as take a 1st class honours degree, I can't imagine, but it is a terrific read, and follows on from the TV documentary about the family. Even though it was written over 10 years ago and insight and medicine have moved on in that time, there is still plenty here to help other parents see that there really is light at the end of the tunnel.

Grumpier Old Men (Region 2) (Import)
Grumpier Old Men (Region 2) (Import)
Dvd ~ Jack Lemmon
Offered by brrsales

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud!, 25 July 2014
I adore Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon, and having loved Grumpy Old Men hoped this would be as good - and it was.

Passport/Tickets/Cash/Credit cards and other Valuables  Pouch - Compact Neck Wallet
Passport/Tickets/Cash/Credit cards and other Valuables Pouch - Compact Neck Wallet
Offered by Tiger Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item, 25 July 2014
excellent product for carrying essential travel items, such as passport, boarding pass etc., without falling foul of the 1 cabin bag only allowed rule, now being more stringently applied, especially in the US.

The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire Mysteries)
The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire Mysteries)
by Craig Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry Standing Bear my favourite character!, 25 July 2014
Having enjoyed the Longmire series on TV, I thought I would try the books and am so glad I did. This, the first, was excellent and I am ordering the rest of the series as soon as my wallet allows!

Flexiseq Gel 50g
Flexiseq Gel 50g
Offered by NHL Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Help at last for osteoarthritis sufferers, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Flexiseq Gel 50g (Personal Care)
This wonderful product has made such a difference. Up until recently, I had been hobbling around due to osteoarthritis in my hip, until a friend recommended this. Rubbing it into the affected joint(s) twice a day will not entirely remove the pain, but reduces it so much that I can now walk around almost freely, and can straighten my leg for the first time in weeks.

I have only been using it for a few days, so am sure the benefits will increase with time.

Highly recommended for any other sufferers.

The Corpse on the Court (A Fethering Mystery)
The Corpse on the Court (A Fethering Mystery)
by Simon Brett

2.0 out of 5 stars A Corpse too far, 23 Feb. 2014
Normally I look forward to reading Simon Brett's books, which are written with a light touch and tongue firmly in cheek, but this time I have to say that this latest Fethering offering was boring. Far too much about Real Tennis - yawn - and far too many repetitions ('poor old bugger' must have been said at least 15 times). I hope that the Fethering books haven't run their course, as did the Mrs Pargeter and Charles Paris series, but unless the next is more engaging than this, I fear it will be my last.

The plot itself, although not bad, was barely believable, but sadly not up to his normal high standards.

Fast Freddie The Widow & Me - Starring Laurence Fox, Tamzin Outhwaite, Jack McMullen and Sarah Smart - As Seen on ITV1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars buy with confidence, 21 Jan. 2014
After some trepidation, having read of the problems others have experienced with this product, I am delighted to report that my copy arrived in perfect condition and had no flaws.

This is one of my favourite movies. When I wasn't sobbing, I was laughing out loud; the acting was superb, especially by young Jack McMullen, and the story both believable and touching. I had already seen it on TV a couple of times, and am delighted that I now have it to hand to watch whenever.

Wonderful.

AA CityPack Los Angeles (AA CityPack Guides)
AA CityPack Los Angeles (AA CityPack Guides)
by Emma Stanford

5.0 out of 5 stars AA City Packs, 7 Jun. 2013
These packs are excellent value - they all contain a very good map and have everything you need to know about a particular city in them, so cannot recommend them too highly

Footworks from Avon MINT and ALOE COOLING FOOT SPRAY
Footworks from Avon MINT and ALOE COOLING FOOT SPRAY

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, 7 Jun. 2013
Bought this for a friend who suffers from having hot feet. She tried it but says that it does not help at all, so cannot recommend it.

Summer on the Hills
Summer on the Hills
by Ann Bullingham

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful book, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Summer on the Hills (Hardcover)
Read the 3 Penelope books at the library many years ago. Remind me very much of a country childhood in the 50s - far more innocent than nowadays, beautifully captured by Ann Bullingham. Wish there were more of these books.

Page: 1 | 2