Profile for Amy > Reviews

The Moldy Peaches
Offered by westworld-
Price: 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Indie Cindy, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Moldy Peaches (Audio CD)
This combo won't be for everyone. Adam Green and Kimya Dawson are 'indie' artists in their own right: with "deep and meaningful" lyrics spoken with an echo of teenage angst - something anyone over twenty-five might hate.

I personally like the lack of polish to their tracks - its all very 'we just sang this in our basement one rainy day' and all the tracks sound very similar, but its an album you can listen to all the way through.

If you liked the music in Juno or Adventureland etc. then you'll probably like this.

Tallon A5 Academic/Student Diary - Red/Black/Blue/Assorted Colors
Tallon A5 Academic/Student Diary - Red/Black/Blue/Assorted Colors
Offered by best deal 4 u
Price: 1.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a student, 13 Sep 2013
Nothing wrong with this I just didn't want the silver one haha!

But perfect diary for a student with a handy timetable page in the back :) Much cheaper than anywhere else and thin too so it won't take up too much space.

Letts Premier Quick Tests - KS2 Premier Quick Tests - Maths 9-10
Letts Premier Quick Tests - KS2 Premier Quick Tests - Maths 9-10
by Paul Broadbent
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for quick revision, 13 Sep 2013
I give these books to the students I tutor as quick revision. Each test takes about 10 minutes and is relatively easy but it just helps them to remember key skills / maths methods they need for topics like time, money, data handling etc.

Useful and cheap but cannot be used alone to learn anything new :)

women ladies Soft FLOPPY wide brimmed fedora HAT RETRO GOTH WOOL w/ bowknot band headgear (black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect hat for a vintage style, 13 Sep 2013
Similar hats were sold in Camden Market for triple the price. This hat is exactly the same - it fits really nicely and is easy to adjust the rim because it's felt. I've had lots of compliments about it and was really happy with the price and speed of delivery.

Only thing I would say is that it was packaged very small e.g. folded up so the hat was bent and creased. I just hung it in the bathroom so that the shower steam would soften it back to normal :)

Cake Decorating Sugarcraft Modelling Tool Kit 8 Pieces
Cake Decorating Sugarcraft Modelling Tool Kit 8 Pieces
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 4 Sep 2013
Not much to say really - they do the job well and you get 16 tools technically because they are doubled ended.

Nice, useful, bit pricey but fun for someone wanting to move up in the baking world :D

Recipe Box Pantry Yellow Design
Recipe Box Pantry Yellow Design
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop
Price: 6.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big, 4 Sep 2013
Maybe it's just me but I thought this box was massive!

Perhaps that's why it's so overpriced. I don't like it at all - I should have brought a recipe notepad / ring binder instead.

Suppose it would be good for a pro-cook who has a lot of bits of paper but I think the way it's organised is annoying - who wants to fiddle through a box before cooking?

Honestly though it's my fault I didn't think of the practicalities but I wouldn't bother buying it. You don't get cards either and finding massive cards that fit in, is near on impossible.

2 stars for fast delivery, product looks as it does in picture, well packaged.

Vintage Style Owl Locket Ring Brass Ring Adjustable
Vintage Style Owl Locket Ring Brass Ring Adjustable

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 4 Sep 2013
Beautiful ring with a unique design. The colours make is seem vintage and not tacky at all.

One size will fit all because it is easily adjustable.

My sister was thrilled with it and she hadn't even noticed the inside allows you to put pictures in!

That was a bit fiddly but I have small hands - I would advise maybe a little bit of double sided tape to hold your tiny photos in place though (fits two one on each side)

Buy this if you want something different and personal -it truly is lovely :)

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No pain No gain, 4 Sep 2013
Ouch this hurts! I felt like I was dying but oh my did it work!

I did it every day (don't think you're really meant to but I needed to fit in a dress asap) and I lost 3 pounds in a week.

Definitely the fierce approach of Jillian is motivational because I am super lazy.

Although I've failed to do it for the full 30 days I probably will in the future, but you have to eat clean to get the full effects. Unfortunately for me I just love cake too much.

BUT definitely purchase to tone up fast - much better than 10 minute work out dvds (of which I have many) because the seriousness of it actually makes you want to join in :) Good luck with the aches and pains the next day though haha

Miraclebra Bath Pillow
Miraclebra Bath Pillow
Offered by Bear & Bear Gifts
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Miraclebra Bath Pillow (Toy)
Brought as a joke present for a male friend that is short of female company.

It is hilarious because he actually uses them all the time - they are comfortable to use as a pillow and easy to blow up. He says he uses them in the bath (grim! haha)

Also they are funny to stick on yourself with double sided tape for fancy dress.

Only issue was the box got battered in the post but I feel that was my postman's fault rather than the company :)

Jewellery of Lords Brown & White Dreamcatcher Friendship Bracelet Ethnic Dream Catcher Twilight Wrap Wristband
Offered by Jewellery of Lords Limited
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 4 Sep 2013
This is a beautiful bracelet with a sentimental handmade feel. It looks great on because it's not too "in your face".

It comes in a little bag too so makes a perfect present. I like it a lot but it would have been nice to have a different colour interwoven in the strap

Page: 1 | 2