Profile for Helix > Reviews

Revlon Tempest Power Dryer
Revlon Tempest Power Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, powerful and good control options., 1 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very compact hairdryer. It is made with a matte soft finish which feels really nice to hold, it is also quite light, in part because of the smaller size, which doesn't hamper performance at all, with its 2000 watt power.

It comes with two attachments, a flat funnel one that directs air for a stronger flow and a diffuser, which makes the dryer look like some kind of ray gun but works very well, in that you can use it, with it's raised bits of rounded plastic, to dry your hair quicker and with less direct heat, which is a good option.

As for the heat itself, you have three different settings, offering a good range of temperatures, with the hottest not blistering which I've found with cheaper dryers. There are two speeds for the intensity as well.

Overall I think this is a fantastic, compact dryer which will now take over daily duties!

Liteway 7 W BC B22 GLS LED Bulb, 40 W Traditional Replacement, 560 Lumens - Warm White

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems, looks like a long lifer, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The bulb is very solid and well made, with no jingling parts inside. The light emanated is very warm and bright at the same time. The energy rating is obviously the reason these kind of bulbs are becoming more and more popular and it's good to see the budget options coming through if you don't want to spend much higher amounts for Philips etc. Liteway is a very good, cheaper alternative.

Sage 50 Account Professional
Sage 50 Account Professional

5.0 out of 5 stars The complete package, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is the pinnacle of the medium size business accounting software. At first I was thinking for a long time whether I would normally justify spending £1000 on any kind of software, let alone an accounts package, but after quite a while of exploring (after the easy installation!) and delving into the features Account Professional offer I'd very likely buy it if what I'd experienced was a trial.

I have experience with Quickbooks in my previous company and have to say it is quite noticeably easier to install and set up, as well as being simpler to operate day to day, but Sage is very much the stalwart long term, in my estimation. It has the much more solid feel and is a much deeper and more refined package that is a complete 360 view of your company. The option to expand the license (at extra cost) to up to 20 people is something that is very likely to come in handy or most small to medium businesses looking to hand over control at any point, or to split the time between another employee.

Before purchasing I'd really recommend trying to see what it is about and experience the roundness of the suite, because whilst £1000 may seem ridiculous, the amount of help it offers going forward is immeasurable.

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic Moisturiser Quenching Gel  50ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic Moisturiser Quenching Gel 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice smell and good result, but slightly burning sensation, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've sampled a few of these over the past couple of months and have to say that out of the three (This, Hydra Energetic and Hydra Sensitive) the Quench comes third. It applied well and had a good smell, it also absorbed very nicely into the skin, to the point where I suspected alcohol may have something to do with it, but a quick glance at the ingredients told me there was no alcohol at all in it, which was good!

I do like the result, to a degree, but there is a slight burning sensation after application which I don't like. So if, like me, you have sensitive skin, I'd stay away from this and either go for the Hydra Sensitive or the standard Hydra Energetic, of which I like both.

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic Comfort 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic Comfort 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection on the tube and the weather afterwards, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been applying this for the last month now and over that time this particular moisturiser has proven itself. I commute on the Northern line tube every day which is a nightmare of heat and cramped conditions and I really feel like this is helping protect the skin in the morning and the day in the office. The small, albeit almost unseen, red dimples I had on my forehead have vanished and my skin feel overall very smooth. If I compare it to how my skin was before using this it is no comparison. I'll be buying again when this runs out.

Cole & Mason Acrylic Mill Tray - Transparent
Cole & Mason Acrylic Mill Tray - Transparent

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite understated and well made, 30 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off I'm not sure if is just because it is a test product but the packaging is non existent, so if buying for a gift I'd be aware of this. Also, the sticker on the back is very annoying to get off, I had to soak it to remove.

As for the base itself, it's solid, good quality and will fir any sized mill.

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Wash 150ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Wash 150ml
Offered by Europa Cosmetica UK

3.0 out of 5 stars A thick soap and did bring out spots, 12 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already had the moisturiser that is meant to pair with this Hydra Sensitive face soap, and it smells identical for a start and has a similar smoothness. After a week of using it though I've had some spots appear, which I haven't had in years. The soap itself, although smooth, feels a bit too much and takes a good while to wash from the face, so better suited to the shower. After what happened with the spots I don't think I'll be using it again, but I'll carry on using the moisturiser, paired with another Loreal face wash.

Zyliss Meat Tenderiser - White
Zyliss Meat Tenderiser - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, especially for marinading, 30 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Up till now I had always associated tenderising with the ultra cheap cuts of frying steak you find in the budget range of supermarkets – that tell tale pin prick/sliced surface, telling you that this has been tenderized to within an inch of its life.

So I was skeptical that I would find a use for this, as I usually buy good quality meat. But my skepticism quickly abandoned on the first few tests I did – with pork chops and steak. I was marinating the chops and found that piercing them a couple of times each side allowed the flavour to penetrate in to a degree not possible when soaking it without. The steak was even more tender than before too.

The small blades are very angular and very sharp, they are encased in tough, clear plastic and so protect the meat from being ripped and torn when removing the blades, and also protecting yourself from accidents. The plastic is easily clipped off for cleaning. So overall I'm very impressed.

Kinetik Medical BPX1TL Advanced Blood Pressure Monitor - 3rd Gen
Kinetik Medical BPX1TL Advanced Blood Pressure Monitor - 3rd Gen

4.0 out of 5 stars Scattershot readings – but that's home blood pressure tests., 30 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The set up is pretty much plug and play. It comes in a bright green zip bag that absolutely screams "medical", and the armband also follows this theme. The LCD is also bright green, making a hat trick! It is very clear though, with large numbers and with two store settings.

The instructions are short, clear and concise and once given a good read through you get a good albeit very basic understanding of blood pressure. I did a test on each arm to establish my "testing" arm and did a few tests in a row (with a 5 min break in-between each as instructed) and got readings varying from an amber hypertension warning to amber low pressure and then a perfect optimal green light reading. But blood pressure is an ever changing thing, and the caveat of this machine is that you visit a doctor to get it professionally done each year.

I think this is a good little thing to keep on top of your blood pressure, but because of the scattershot nature of it I'll just stick with going to the GP to have it done properly, it really is a pot luck what result you'll get, and maybe some of this is down to the machine too, it's hard to tell.

One thing worth mentioning on the design side – there is no on/off switch, rather a large button in the middle, which is all too easily press-able when packed away in the pouch, and the unit should definitely not be used without plugged into the arm band. So this is a slight issue I feel. It's a bit like that time you leave your electric shaver in your suitcase and it goes off when you're checking in. I'd take out the batteries of this when you travel with it.

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Soothing Gel Face Wash 150ml
L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Soothing Gel Face Wash 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've used, 30 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Two qualities I straight away appreciate is that it is soap free and perfume free. I consider both unnecessary in face washes and especially when you plan on using a moisturiser afterwards.

It is velvety smooth and lathers up well with water so you don't have to use too much, making it last longer. After a couple of days I think I'll definitely settle on this one, at least compared to the Purifying Gel Wash from L'Oreal and also the Power Scrub.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20