Profile for Daniel Garden > Reviews

Content by Daniel Garden

Daniel Garden "Daniel Garden" (Norway)

Sail and Rig Tuning
Sail and Rig Tuning
by Ivar Dedekam

5.0 out of 5 stars For both the basic and advanced yachtsman, 28 Mar. 2003
This review is from: Sail and Rig Tuning (Paperback)
This tuning guide is only topped by the sail manufacturer's own tuning guide for your specific sails.
For beginners, this book works as a basic textbook for how to make the boat go forward. For the advanced sailor, it guides you in fine tuning, techniques and engineering of the sails.
As the years have gone by and my sailing experience has increased, I still learn new things when I open this book. Both for racing and cruising.
This book is a 'MUST' and should be in every sailor's shelf - worn out.

Fifty Major Economists (Key Concepts)
Fifty Major Economists (Key Concepts)
by Steven Pressman

4.0 out of 5 stars GOLD for undergraduates, 16 Jan. 2001
Dr. Pressmann's book, 'Fifty Major Economists' gives students and other interestees a good encyclopedia of the major economists in the history of economic science. I, myself, is an undergraduate economics student, struggeling to understand the broad context of economics. After having read Pressmann's book, I feel I have surely understood most of it.
The book lists all the economists (of major importnace for economics) and informs the reader both about the economist's life and education, as well as explaining his theories in an understandable way. Your best buy in the economics department!

Monsoon (The Courtneys)
Monsoon (The Courtneys)
by Wilbur Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Monsoon Not One of Smith's Best Novells, 14 Feb. 2000
As I have just finished reading this book, I am left with different emotions. First off; Smith's novells are of very high standard. I may say that I have still not read any low quality from his hand. Wilbur Smith plays in the high league! Monsoon was, however, not of his best achievements. Young Dorian's betrayal of his Godly faith, family and country, doesn't fit in Smith's ever so heroical and glorifying way to describe his characters. I am still looking forward to his next releases, though. Please note that my number of stars given below is compared to his other releases - not other authors!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2013 6:17 PM BST