Profile for David Hemming > Reviews

Content by David Hemming

David Hemming (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Old Pulteney 12 Year Old Malt Bottles Whisky 70 cl
Old Pulteney 12 Year Old Malt Bottles Whisky 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously smooth, 19 May 2014
For something that's £23 rather than £35 - £40 this is delicious. Possibly because my last couple of bottles have been 60% rather than the 40% of this, but still...

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd heard good things about this, 15 Mar 2014
Was amazed to discover I could buy whisky from Amazon AND it's Prime Eligible for next day delivery. Once it arrived I tried a glass, so smooth and light it was amazing. I had to put it away so that there'd be some left next time my dad visited.

Merrell Mens Lace-Up Flats Brown - Braun (BLACK SLATE) 9.5(44 EU)
Merrell Mens Lace-Up Flats Brown - Braun (BLACK SLATE) 9.5(44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable, my new favourite trainers., 15 Mar 2014
For a thin soled shoe they really are extremely comfortable both for general wear and exercise. I'm now looking at Merrell for walking boots, too.

The Sacrifice: The First Book of The Fey
The Sacrifice: The First Book of The Fey

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this in a bundle - unexpectedly good, 15 Mar 2014
I haven't finished it yet, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through and I honestly have no idea how it will end - that's quite a feat for a genre novel. Rusch has done an amazing job of making the "bad guy"'s society complex, believable and even somewhat sympathetic. Neither side has a monopoly on jumping to the wrong conclusion on incomplete evidence, either.

Kamor HDMI A-A 32.8 Feet(10M) (Generic 10 Meter)
Kamor HDMI A-A 32.8 Feet(10M) (Generic 10 Meter)
Offered by iBox Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Fairly certain this is the cable I bought, 5 Oct 2012
But can't be sure since Amazon doesn't show completed 3rd party orders in your history. It worked fine for a few months, but now I'm getting drop-outs of a second or so anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes apart, rendering most things unwatchable. I've reorganised my living area so I can go back to using the 3m one I had before to connect my computer to the TV.

Levv CT60MBB MDF Computer Desk - Black
Levv CT60MBB MDF Computer Desk - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap good laptop desk, 14 July 2012
Arrived quickly - took at most 20 minutes to put together and I'm not that handy. The right height for me to retire the stack of boxes I was using for my laptop! I wish the keyboard tray came out far enough to hold my laptop separate, but I wasn't expecting it to. All in all I'm very happy with it.

Be Here (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Version)
Be Here (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 11 Jun 2011
I first heard Nothing Ever Happens on thesixtyone.com, and decided to listen to more. After another couple of tracks I decided to get the whole album!

Elements of Alanis Morissette, Carole King, Tori Amos and Regina Spektor - while still very much her own sound.

Slow Cooker Savers- 8 Disposable Liners for Slow Cookers by Regency Wraps
Slow Cooker Savers- 8 Disposable Liners for Slow Cookers by Regency Wraps
Offered by The Handy House

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves on washing up!, 6 May 2011
It may not be terribly green but I love not having to wash up my slow cooker. Works fine, doesn't leak. I would have got the 3 pack but it's more expensive than buying 3 separate packs - what's that about?

massG® USB 2.0 to Micro USB Cable
massG® USB 2.0 to Micro USB Cable
Offered by Mass Global™

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely cheap, 6 May 2011
So I wasn't terribly disappointed when it wouldn't work to transfer files between my Palm Pre and my PC, despite having "sync" in the name. It works just fine in the plugin charger, though, which is all I need 99% of the time.

Only Forward
Only Forward
by Michael Marshall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't post many reviews, 1 Jun 2009
This review is from: Only Forward (Paperback)
But this book deserves me agreeing with all the other 5 star reviews. It is an incredible book. Funny, sad, horrifying, insane - there are ideas on every page that could make an SF novel all their own. If you have not read this book, punch yourself in the face - you deserve it. Then buy it.

Page: 1 | 2