Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Wayne Parker > Reviews

Personal Profile

Content by Wayne Parker
Top Reviewer Ranking: 8,225,011
Helpful Votes: 13

Learn more about Your Profile.

Reviews Written by
Wayne Parker (Sunderland, Tyne Wear United Kingdom)

Show:  
Page: 1
pixel
Ready Player One
Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline
Edition: Paperback
Price: £6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars convoluted, 22 Feb. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Ready Player One (Paperback)
Convoluted, and made up to suite the story puzzles, with a NERD wins out back story not too bad but a you can see it coming writing style. Telegraphed, i do not mind, as some nice " look whats coming " effects can permeate and enhance a book but this novel seemed too formulaic. Nice but just misses GOOD read rating.


Zoe's Tale (The Old Man's War series)
Zoe's Tale (The Old Man's War series)
by John Scalzi
Edition: Paperback

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars tidy, 22 Feb. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Too neat and tidy, lost ends and conflicts resolved so,ooo easily at every turn and the twist to the story happy ending NOT was transparent early on. A book to read just to complete the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 10:17 AM BST


Ancillary Justice: 1 (Imperial Radch)
Ancillary Justice: 1 (Imperial Radch)
by Ann Leckie
Edition: Paperback
Price: £6.29

9 of 32 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars STORY s t r e t c h e s, 22 Feb. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble it just goes on a ramble

STORY s t r e t c h e s out saying in 200 plus pages what could be said in 50.


2FT GREEN FIBRE OPTIC CHRISTMAS TREE WITH STARS AND BAUBLES
2FT GREEN FIBRE OPTIC CHRISTMAS TREE WITH STARS AND BAUBLES
Offered by Christmas Concepts Ltd
Price: £34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars lights brighter ?, 14 Jan. 2013
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Could have had brighter lights :) seems to be a bit sparse in the colour department with the main lighting being fiber optic strands.


Leon: Director's Cut [DVD] [1994]
Leon: Director's Cut [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Gary Oldman
Price: £3.00

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars leon, 14 Jan. 2013
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Leon: Director's Cut [DVD] [1994]
Optimum Home Entertainment
How do you rate this product
5 stars 5 stars 5 stars


Dodger
Dodger
by Terry Pratchett
Edition: Hardcover

2 of 4 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars I like 90% of TP books very much the other 10% a lot, 22 Oct. 2012
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dodger (Hardcover)
A very formulaic book. The story line can be guessed pages in advance even the nasty killers id was easy. No twists and turns just DESCRIPTIONS of events and Dodger could not even turn into a one dimensional in character. The ending seems to be just a bolted on cozy soppy cop out to increase the word count . This is from a guy that rereads Guards Guards, Jingo the Light Fantastic and other TP books. The first TP book that will not stand a reread.


Asus M5A97 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, 4800MT/s, DDR3, ATX, True USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s Support)
Asus M5A97 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, 4800MT/s, DDR3, ATX, True USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s Support)

5.0 out of 5 stars ATI 6950 card installs no problem, 14 Sept. 2012
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
6950 does fit in the top slot CAN not see how the installer that did it for me ( me ) did such a poor fist of it the first time . Shows you reviews can give a good product a poor name in all honesty.


Page: 1