Profile for Alan Law > Reviews

Content by Alan Law

Alan Law "Kodiak Bear" (Highlands, Scotland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The Martian
The Martian
Price: 3.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
I saw this Book for sale in Tesco and it was 9,99. I almost bought until my wife said I should look at the list in Kindle.

I looked in Kind;e and it was only 4.75, a big difference, so I downloaded it to my Kindle.

This book might not suit everyone but for me it was a Very Interesting read. If you have read the Arthur C. Clarke book "A Fall of Moondust" and like it then you will like this one.

The Cabin In The Woods [DVD]
The Cabin In The Woods [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I had seen it all, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Cabin In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
This is a Movie full a surprises as you never know what is going to happen next.

Every 10 minutes I was coming up with different ideas of what was really happening. and every time I was wrong and this continued right up to the very last second of the movie.

Great FUN and Entertainment all the way through and if you are looking forward to a film that is Different, a bit whacky and keeps you guessing, then this film is right up your ally.

Buy it you will not regret it.

Riddick [Blu-ray]
Riddick [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Vin Diesel
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Vin Diesel at his BEST !, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Riddick [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This Movie does not deserve 5 Stars as 5 Stars is NOT enough, I would give it 10 STARS.

I was grabbed from the very first moment and I was glued to the screen until the very last frame. Some people might find the start slow but I did not, I think the start is very Important and without it the film would not have sence.

This is Vin Diesel at his Very Best and the way the film ends I am sure we will all be delighted with another in the series RIDDICK.

I await with baited breath for the next film and if it is half as good as this one it will be fantastic.

Gravity [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Now this will surprise you all!, 6 Mar 2014
I did not like this Movie.

Yes you did read correctly but I will repeat it, I did not like this Movie.

I ordered this Movie long before the release on Disc as I had seen all the Hype and trailers etc etc. and being a great ScFi Fan for the past 55 Years I thought it would be a great Movie.

As a side not this did arrive late as it should have been delivered by 3rd March but I did not receive it until 5th March, this however has nothing to do with my review.

I watched it last night with my wife, who is also a great ScFi Fan. We were both looking forward to this movie and we were quite excited about the prospect of have a good night viewing. We put it in our LG Blu-Ray Player, switched off all the Lights, drew the Curtains. turned up the sound and Bass of the Sound Bar and made sure our 42" LED LG TV was set correctly. Then we sat back to be entertained.

WOW what a great opening and for the first 15 minutes we were enthralled and then....................NOTHING!

After the great opening nothing, so much so after 30 minutes my wife paused the movie and asked me, "Please don't tell me it is going to be like this all the way through" I had to answer that I didn't know and that we had to wait and see what happens but I was sure something exciting happen.

So my wife restarted the movie and we waited and we waited and waited. I was wrong nothing exciting happened again and when the end came it was a relief.

After the lights were switched back on I turned to my wife and said "Well at least I now Know that is one film I will not want to watch twice"

Mind there is One good thing about this Film, I will never forget it............try as I might I will never be able to forget it, no matter how hard I try.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2014 10:05 PM GMT

Brillo Pads 5's (Pack of 24)
Brillo Pads 5's (Pack of 24)
Price: 25.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillo is Brillo, 6 Mar 2014
What can I say except that Brillo is Brillo. They are what they are and at this price very good value for money.

Loctite Super Glue -Glass - 3ml Tube
Loctite Super Glue -Glass - 3ml Tube
Offered by K Direct
Price: 2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars This Super, this Super Glue, 6 Mar 2014
My Wife is a great collector of Pressed Glass. Everything from Cake Stands to Small Bowls. One piece in her collection is a fairly large fruit bowl that sits of a glass stand. This bowl although not old still dates from about 1920 to 1930.

My wife was giving it a clean in warm water when she found out that the Stand was actually separate to the bowl as both of these pieces had come apart. When this happened she was not happy as she had thought they were all one piece of glass.

So I search Amazon and I came across this item "Loctite Super Glue - Glass". I placed the order and within 3 days I had received it safe and sound as it was well packed.

I gave it to my wife and explained that I thought it would be just the thing for sticking her Pressed Glass Fruit Bowl back together again. She said thanks ans smiled that smile that said, "I'll believe it when I see it" smile.

Later on that same day she came to me with a BIG Grin on her face and informed me that not only did this Glue work it did so really well. She only had to use a tiny amount of glue and it stuck both parts of the Bowl and she said that it looks like it will safe for the next 100 years.

So all in all good all round as my wife is happy which makes me Very Happy, plus we stll have lots of the glue left for asny further accidents as well.

Gusti Leather Genuine Journal Diary Notebook Sketchbook Artwork Photo Album Elephant Design Natural Brown P19
Offered by Gusti Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Journal, 27 Feb 2014
I was searching for a Leather bound Journal as a Gift for my Wife. There are lots of Journals in Leather on offer at Amazon and they all look Great. That is until you read the product description and nearly all of them are not large to say the least. Some are only 6"X4" and some 8"X6". Neither of these sizes were large enough for my Wife's requirements.

Then I saw this one and it looked perfect size wise, 14" X 10.5". Also it was engraved with an Elephant and since my wife collects Elephants it was a done deal.

Therefore I ordered it and it arrived Very Well Packed and Very Quickly. The Quality was Really Good and the Size was just Perfect. My wife Completely Happy and Delighted with this Journal and I am Extremely Happy as it did not break the Bank as it was 20.50 including all Postage and Packing. Other Journals, which were a LOT Smaller, were Double and Triple this price so Happiness all round.

Farmhouse Biscuits Sugar Free Oat Crunch (Pack of 6)
Farmhouse Biscuits Sugar Free Oat Crunch (Pack of 6)
Price: 8.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Light and Crunchie, 22 Feb 2014
Since both myself and my Wife are Diabetic ordinary Biscuits are a NO NO. We have searched over the years to find a suitable Substitute as we both love to nibble at a biscuit with a cup of tea.

I then found these Farmhouse Sugar Free Biscuits. They are delicious, Light, Fresh Tasting and Crunchie. They are a delight and being sugar free superb.

If you are a Diabetic then these are for you and we Highly Recommend them.

Shower Feet Foot Cleaner Scrubber Washer Bath Brush with Built-In Pumice (PINK)
Shower Feet Foot Cleaner Scrubber Washer Bath Brush with Built-In Pumice (PINK)
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Great Idea., 10 Feb 2014
I have seen these advertised on TV for quite some time. At first I thought, "Just another Gimmick" After a while the Advertising worked and when I saw how Little they cost I thought "Well I can't lose a lot and worth a Try"

So I ordered one. When it came I was pleasantly surprised as they were well made and of a good size. When in use I was even more surprised as it actually worked as Advertised. Not only worked but worked better than I really expected.

So these are really a great buy, inexpensive and they do exactly what is Advertised. What more could anyone want.

De Bron Sugar Free Wine-Gums 100g
De Bron Sugar Free Wine-Gums 100g
Offered by Healthy Goodies
Price: 1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality but very Expensive, 30 Jan 2014
There was a delay in delivering these and they arrived a day late. They were bought for my wife who is Diabetic. She really likes them but when I saw the small Packet I was Disappointed as 4.64 for a few Wine Gums, 3.5 oz or 100 g, makes them Very Expensive. I do not know if I will buy them again due to the High Price, but if I do it will not be many times in a year.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11