Profile for julie@steve33.freeserve.co.uk > Reviews

julie@steve33.freeserve.co.uk (Sidmouth, England)

Coverdale Page
Coverdale Page

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good, 22 Dec 2001
This review is from: Coverdale Page (Audio CD)
This is an album that`ll make your Gran get friction burns on her knees as she slides across the Axmister.I have never been a huge whitesnake fan but I may have to re-think as this combination works.You do not listen to this album as much as feel it with all your organs, climaxing in an uncontrolable urge to smile.
If you like commercial cliche rock then turn off now.
If you like the skillfull translation of the intangable into adrenaline AND pocess a volume knob that goes to 11 and not 10 then read on.
You will probably loose your neihbours in one afternoon as a result but this of course is yet another plus of the album.
I must admit I come to this guitar fest table from the Led Zep side and would sell my family to have seen them live, but I obviously have missed out on the other duet member as David Coverdales voice is nothing short of superb.It should also be said, and I don`t know who they are,that the session players, especially the drummer and keyboard player,deserve a special mention. I have this album on tape, which is why I am here because I want it on CD and those good old Amazon people are going to send it to me for such a small amout of money it would be worth it just to use it as a coaster.In the words of the bread advert, Jimmy is as good for you today as he`s always been, and David?, well, judge for your self, I`m off to listen to it!!
Steve