Profile for J.Green > Reviews

Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Offered by Wholesaleprice-UK
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on my HTC Desire HD, 16 July 2012
I bought this card as an upgrade to my 8gb card that came with the phone. I wanted to copy the contents of my old card to the new card. This was initially problematic as I couldnt seem to copy the files from the old card to the hard drive on the laptop. I think this may be due to the hard drive being in NTFS format not FAT32 (the format to which the file system is on the micro SD cards) I got round this problem in the end by connecting my phone to the laptop (with the old card in) via USB cable selecting "Disk drive mode" and copying the files directly to the new SD card which was in the SD card adapter provided and slotted in the SD card slot of the laptop. This worked fine!

The card seems to work very well. I now have loads more capacity. Very happy would recommend.

Panasonic TX-L32E5B 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD - Black (New for 2012)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb TV, 23 Jun 2012
Very pleased with this Tv. Bought for my kitchen and looks superb on the wall. The picture is even better than my more expensive Panasonic plasma in the lounge! Decided to use with an indoor aerial (one for all SV9215) which amazingly after some tweaking (see my review) works very well even picking up all freeview HD signals. HD pictures look particularly amazing and motion is very smooth.

The smart tv features work well. Originally I wanted a tv with built in WiFi as I'd read bad reviews about WiFi dongles. This seemed to increase the price a lot so decided instead to go with this set and use 'homeplugs' to connect the tv to the router. For those who don't know you plug a network cable from your tv into a homeplug in the mains socket and use the house electrical wiring to connect to your router (via an additional plug next to your router). I use an old netgear 85mb/s model which works well but there are better models out now that are faster. A wired connection will always work better than WiFi especially if watching HD content on thew likes of BBC iPlayer. The disadvantage is obviously extra cables by our tv but I have hid them easily with all the other cables in some cable trunking and at least with homeplugs there is no need to trail cables to you router.

BBC iPlayer is great. It would be good if there could be an app for ITV channel 4 and five on demand services. The is something I already get from my freesat and bluray boxes in the lounge. Maybe something for the future.

Recording via usb is also a very neat feature and one which would have saved me a lot of money a few years ago when I bought my humax freesat recorder!

I usually spend a lot of time researching TVs before I buy and this was by far the best tv for the money I could find. It puts a lot of overpriced Sony sets to shame in my opinion! My only criticism is the sound is a bit 'tinny' though this is common in LED TVs due to how slim they are. If you want better sound then you may need a soundbar / hifi connection. For this reason I would like to rate it 4.5 stars ...though that isn't an option so as far as I'm concerned it deserves 5 for pure value for money!
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 1:39 PM GMT

One For All SV9215 Flat Antenna
One For All SV9215 Flat Antenna
Price: 18.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but need to replace coaxial lead., 23 Jun 2012
I bought this aerial after buying a new tv for the kitchen. I was fully expecting it not to work but thought it was worth a try to avoid getting an aerial company out at a much bigger cost.

Initially I wasn't very impressed as it picked up only a few channels and the signal wasn't exceptional. Following the advice from a previous review I searched online for a good quality male to female coaxial lead. I chose a quad screened 3m ixos cable from futureshop. I also had to by an additional 0.5m cable of the same type as the booster plug was too big for the back of my LED tv. After playing with the position of the aerial and adding the new cable the results were a transformation! I now had full signal strength and could pick up all channels including freeview HD. The picture is even better than I get from the roof aerial on our main tv in the lounge! I recommend having the signal quality/strength meter on the screen while experimenting with aerial position to help find the best place. Most TVs have this option in the DVB tuning menu. It is a nice and thin aerial to hide discreetly. I have mine fairly high up hidden above the fridge freezer.

My only main issue with this aerial is that my mobile phone interferes with the signal dropping the signal significantly! If I leave my mobile out of the kitchen its fine. Not a massive issue for me but may irritate others! If they just provided a different coaxial lead I would rate this aerial 5 stars for the pure fact the picture I get is outstanding.

Veho VCC-A007-PBP Pebble 5000mAH Portable Battery Pack Charger for iPod, iPhone, Mobile Phones and PSP

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for money, 1 Oct 2010
I ordered this after trying many other portable charging devices to charge my iphone 3GS. These included the nexxus powerboost pro and nexxus powerpack pro. Both of these worked the earlier not even managing a full charge and the latter breaking after only a few months use and only managing 1 full charge at a time.

The pebble is way better - it fully recharged my iphone from just under half capacity 6 times!! and can easily do 2-3 full charges. The build quality appears good -more solid than other ones I've owned. Maybe a touch on the large size but I can put up with that for the performance you get. You do after all get 5000mAh capacity. The neoprene cover is very nice.

One thing I particularly liked is the iphone charge tip actually works and you can use the extendable cable. So many other charging devices require you to use the iphone cable which is just more to carry around. After emailing Veho technical support I can confirm that the pebble can be charged using a standard USB charger plug such as that supplied with the iphone, which I find much easier than charging from a PC USB port.

The device also charges my wifes HTC desire with no problems, which means I have to now share it with her!! You can get other 5000mAh chargers from the apple store but they are usually 50+. The pebble is definately value for money!

Tippitoes City Bag Changing Bag (Brown)
Tippitoes City Bag Changing Bag (Brown)

2.0 out of 5 stars Item received not as pictured!, 30 Sep 2010
I was disappointed to find that the item I received did not match the picture shown on Amazon. The shoulder strap is of the same material as the bag and not the stripey canvas one as advertised. I particularly liked the look of the shoulder strap and it was one of the reasons I chose the item. Amazon will only offer a refund rather than a replacement for the correct one as it is an order "fulfilled by Amazon". Its a shame because the bag is otherwise quite good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2010 8:59 PM BST