Profile for Br Pace > Reviews

Content by Br Pace

Br Pace (University of Warwick UK)

The Garden
The Garden
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Better every time you hear it, 26 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Garden (Audio CD)
The third album from Zero 7 after the two brilliant albums When it falls and Simple Things. The first time that I heard When it Falls I wasn't blown away, and then I listened to it again and then again and again and again and came to love every track, similarly with Simple Things only one track immediately stood out (destiny) and then I became addicted to the other tracks as well after a couple of listenings. When I heard The Garden for the first time I started to think "oh god they've gone experimental and what I loved has gone!" but just like the previous albums after listening a few more times I find myself adoring The Garden's quirkiness combined with the old zero 7 themes. As always Sia's soulful tunes blow you away, particuarly with You're my Flame on The Garden and Gonzalez's Crosses. This album is now constantly being listened to and like the old albums I don't see myself getting tired of it. Stand out tracks include: You're my Flame, Crosses, This Fine Social Scene, Seeing Things, Waiting to die, Pageant of the Bizarre and Throw it all away. (I came close to naming every single track). I have fallen in love with this album and only wish that I could have seen them live :( , I hope you love it too.

Philips SBC HC8410 FM Cordless Headphones
Philips SBC HC8410 FM Cordless Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Good home headphones., 9 May 2005
These headphones are well made, comfortable and produce good sound quality.
Although the claim of 100m may be a little exaggerated when considering your home (with walls) the range of the headphones is quite sufficient such that with a minimum of fine tuning I can listen to music off my computer anywhere in my house even down the bottom of my garden. The sound quality is fairly good with excellent quality close to reciever but perhaps a small amount of hiss at long distances but this can be adjusted with the tuning knob on the side of the headphones.
It is worth checking that you have enough plug sockets available near your source as hi-fi and computer setups already take up lots of sockets and the transmitter for these headphones requries a plug as well as a feed from your source that can be either a headphone socket or the twin left and right plugs (red and white).
The fit of the headphones is comfortable with the strap on the top of your head adjusting automatically to fit and the actually cans adjust on several axes to make them fit comfortably.
The docking station/ transmitter was east to set up and is very useful as the headphones only need to be put on the docking station to charge (no fussing about replacing batteries) I have never managed to use up the whole battery even with a whole days virtually non stop use.
In conclusion I would say these are excellent headphones to use around the house and are good value as either "my first wireless headphones" or past users who don't need professional quality (which is much more expensive).

Microsoft Flight Sim  2002: Standard Edition (with Free Strategy Guide)
Microsoft Flight Sim 2002: Standard Edition (with Free Strategy Guide)

4.0 out of 5 stars Flight sim; flying high or going to crash and burn?, 21 Jun 2002
After buying this the standard version of flight simulator although I had no difficulties installing the program the program is very jerky on low spec computers in particular when the graphics cards is getting old. Although the huge bank of airports that can be flown from provides enourmous possibilities the detail for each area providing they are not on part of a preprogrammed flight is quite poor and often incorrect. The number of aircraft to chose from provides a good variety of types of flights from the helicopter tour to the lakeside landings the contol seems sublime. Although the control of the plane neccesary to do exactly what the program dictates is very cumbersome the basic controls are either onscreen or easy to learn. overall this games is good fun and gives a long life before becoming boring. The game is as close as you can get to real flying without taking off really and allows the user to pilot in a huge variety of situations. There are many pre-made flights imported form flight simulator 2000
and new ones to add.
Overall this game despite being on the pricey side is well worth itfor real enthusiasts with plenty of time on their hands.