Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "djterryg" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Queen and I
The Queen and I

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP Sue, 9 May 2014
This review is from: The Queen and I (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book again when I heard Sue had passed away. It's now the fifth time I've bought it.

The other four have all been read and given to friends to read (and never been returned). For me, this is not only one of Sue's best books but one of the best books ever written. Give it a try - it's brilliant!

Frozen [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Frozen [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Kristen Bell

4.0 out of 5 stars The Snow Queen... Sort of, 9 May 2014
Don't get me wrong, Frozen is a brilliant film. It is based on The Snow Queen only this time, the Queen isn't evil.

The reason it's not five stars is because this is nowhere near the best Disney film. Hype and a (ridiculously) catchy pop song plonked in the middle of the film (that now even newly born babies know) is why this film is so successful. Let it Go is also a great song, but again - nowhere near the best Disney song.

It's a nice film with heart, a great score and a decent story - but don't expecting something better than the rest - as all the hype would have you believe.

Somewhere Only We Know
Somewhere Only We Know

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done John Lewis, 20 Nov. 2013
You've got me hook line and sinker with your Christmas advert and I can't stop listening to this beautiful rendition of a Keene classic sung by Lily Allen.

Ghosts
Ghosts
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Ghosts (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant. Years after it's release and I still listen to certain tracks on a daily basis. Coming Up for Air is my ultimate favourite but they are all uniquely excellent.

The CD release got a bum deal back in 2007 but we now live in the age of downloads and this album really does deserve to be listened to and enjoyed.

To Train Up a Child: Turning the hearts of the fathers to the children
To Train Up a Child: Turning the hearts of the fathers to the children
by Debi Pearl

1.0 out of 5 stars This should be banned, 8 Nov. 2013
Who would publish such a book? Why would anyone buy this? And worst of all, who would carry out the punishments it sets. This book has been directly attributed to the deaths of three children. This book should be banned. If you're thinking of buying it, do child and yourself a favor. Don't!

Ringer - Season 1 [DVD]
Ringer - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally different and incredibly gripping, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Ringer - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
In my eyes this was the best television show I have ever seen. The storyline is brilliant with more twists and turns than an Alfred Hitchcock film. Just when you think you know what's going on, you're taking somewhere else entirely. The cast are brilliant and SMG plays both roles perfectly.

Why was this show canceled? I can only surmise that a lot of Americans just couldn't follow the storyline. It's not a background show - you can't sit there playing Angry Birds on your phone and still keep up with what's happening. You have to concentrate and really get involved with it. After the first few episodes it will grip you and you'll have to know what's going on. The series has won countless awards and is one of the most downloaded series on iTunes - so why no DVD? And why are the makers not realising that this is a money maker and commission another series?

There are lots of shows that get cancelled early, but this one didn't deserve it and should be brought back.

Hercules [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Hercules [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ron Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars Hercules goes the distance, 25 Oct. 2013
Hercules is my favourite Disney film. For me it has the best storyline, best villain and best heroine. Without giving anything away; this is a Disney classic full of comedy, love and brilliant music and songs written by Alan Menkin.

I have had every incarnation of this film and today received the blu-ray version - the difference is incredible and noticeable instantly. Crisp clear picture restores this 1990s film into the HD world so well, you'll wonder how you ever managed to watch the DVD version.

I am so pleased that Disney have actually taken the time needed to lovingly restore what is mine and a lot of people's favourite Disney film.

If you've never seen it, this is a must!

Get Lucky (Radio Edit)
Get Lucky (Radio Edit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Song of the summer, 19 Aug. 2013
Get Lucky is definitely my track of the summer. I've listened to it over 100 times and I'm still not bored of it.

Tears (feat. Katherine Ellis) [Club Mix]
Tears (feat. Katherine Ellis) [Club Mix]

5.0 out of 5 stars Freemasons do it again!, 19 Aug. 2013
I've been a fan of the Freemasons for many years and really glad to see they're still going strong. Famous for their dance tracks and strong female voices, Tears is yet another kick-ass track that is perfect for the club, the gym or just dancing around your living room!

Crucified (Radio Edit)
Crucified (Radio Edit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better the second time around, 19 Aug. 2013
As a teenager I loved this track and would listen to it constantly on my walkman. 20 years later and I'm loving it all over again with this updated release. It's complete camp, eurotrash pop and puts a smile on my face whenever I listen to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3