Profile for Anon > Reviews

Content by Anon

Anon

Holy Bible: New International Version (Journalling Charcoal Cloth Bible) (Bible Niv)
by New International Version

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but really small print, 5 Jan. 2015
Nice but really small print. I am in my late thirties and far from blind but I find it really hard to read.

Billy the Kid
Billy the Kid
by Michael Morpurgo

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Billy the Kid (Paperback)
Not a bad book but beware if reading it to your children. My sons school recommended monpurgo books and I read this to my six year old son but I wasnt ready for:

The main characters brother dying in the war
Italians who harboured the main character put up against a wall and shot at point blank range (together with an illustration of the shooting just in case the full horror hadnt sunk in)
Description of dying and dead people at a concentration camp
Main characters entire family being killed by a bomb falling on their house
Main character becoming an alcoholic

Really dont think this is suitable for primary age kids.

Your Life Can Be Better: using strategies for Adult ADD/ADHD
Your Life Can Be Better: using strategies for Adult ADD/ADHD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 21 Sept. 2013
Utterly brilliant book for people with add. What I love best about this book is that it doesn't spend ages analysing the condition, it just gets straight in to giving practical advice. I bought the kindle edition which is a complete bargain.

What Jesus Said: A Topical Guide to the Words of Christ
What Jesus Said: A Topical Guide to the Words of Christ
by Stormie Omartian

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many of Jesus' sayings left out, 4 Oct. 2010
A great idea, but too many of the words spoken by Jesus are left out.

In fairness, the author says there isn't enough space to print all of the relevant verses but I'm not sure I agree. The book only runs to just over a hundred pretty small pages so the book could easily have been made larger.

Verses missed out are referred to, so you can look them up for yourself, but that wasn't what I was expecting from this book - I bought it on the basis that they would all be in one place.