Profile for G. Southall > Reviews

Content by G. Southall

G. Southall "Avid shopper" (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone 5s 16GB Space Grey
iPhone 5s 16GB Space Grey
Offered by Royalz

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret buying one, 4 Jun. 2015
Absolutely love it! Such an easy phone to navigate and use generally. I decided to get an iPhone after purchasing an Apple Mac Pro lap top and I like the fact that there are similarities with the apps etc.. and the two items can connect to each other. I am not a techie, but I have been very impressed with the phone thus far. I also find the battery lasts longer than my previous mobile, which was just over 12 months old when it conked out. I am hoping this iPhone has more longevity. So far so good.

Dot.Foto 46mm Snap On Lens Cap with string / leash for Fujifilm FinePix S700, S800, S5700, S5800
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, 12 Feb. 2015
The lense cover fits perfectly, so does the job I wanted it for.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Gripping Read, 11 Jan. 2015
Superb book, hated putting it down and was disappointed when I finished it. I intend to get the other books from the trilogy and if they're half as good as this I won't be disappointed. :-)

Inateck 13.3 Inch MacBook Air/ Pro Retina Case Cover Sleeve Ultrabook Netbook Carrying Protector Bag Envelope Case for 13 Inch Apple Macbook Pro Retina/Macbook Air, Most 11-Inch Ultrabook Netbook [Size: 13.3-Inch, Grey Felt]
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Stylish Laptop case., 22 Nov. 2014
I do like this laptop case, it fits my Apple MacBook Pro perfectly, giving a nice snug fit and provides a small amount of protection if accidentally dropped etc.... The case is nicely made and looks stylish, in my view anyway, it's a bit different to others I've seen, with the grey felt type fabric and a fold over closure with velcro fastening. It has some useful pockets for pencils and a notebook. I've given it 4 stars simply because I think the small separate case is far too small to fit the charging lead into, no matter what type of configuration I try. So it's pointless in my view, although you could use it for something else, haven't thought of what yet though! If it was big enough I'd definitely have given it 5 stars. So for that reason I do recommend the laptop case if you're not bothered about the other bag for the charger. In fairness I was aware of other reviews who had said the charger case was too small and purchased it anyway. For the price I feel it was excellent value for a well made product. The item was delivered quickly also, so no complaints.

Gear Up Off-The-Wall Two Bike Vertical Rack - Black
Gear Up Off-The-Wall Two Bike Vertical Rack - Black
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A good storage solution for bikes, 26 Dec. 2013
This bike rack will not be suitable if you want to secure an expensive bike in your garage or outbuilding. I have purchased far more substantial racks for that purpose. However, for the money this is fine for what I wanted and that was to take two fairly low value bikes off the garage floor. My only issue is the fact that the bikes are a bit too close together on this rack, which makes it slightly more awkward for me to get to the basket and the hooks in between, which are useful features. I have to dip under the handlebars of a straight bar bike and a dropped bar bike to access them, but some racks don't have any of these features so I see them as a bonus if you can squeeze between the bikes. I have also been able to feed a bike lock through the metal loop of the rack, (which is alongside the wheel) and the frame of the bike. So should anyone break into my garage they can't simply lift the bikes off the rack without having to make some efforts cut through something. All in all I think this is fine for storage of bikes of low value if security is an issue. It is relatively well made and for the money I am happy with it.

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Grey/Pink (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal running watch for the not too serious runners, 7 Aug. 2013
I purchased this so I could monitor my distance and times as I prepare for my first half marathon. I have fairly small wrists so was pleased the strap wasn't so big as to begin wrapping around again. It's a little bulky, but it is also very light so you can almost forget it is on your wrist. I have yet to use the heart rate monitor or begin to download any of my runs onto my computer, so I cannot comment on those aspects, but I am easily able to view previous runs stored on the watch. I think the only irritating thing about the watch is the ridiculous length of time it takes to connect to a satellite, the instructions suggest 30=60 seconds. Today it must have been at least 3 minutes, very frustrating. I could understand if it was cloudy, but it was an almost clear sky with sunshine. Around the edge of the face of the watch are the titles for each button, e.g.start, reset etc... They could be a bit bolder as I struggle to see them clearly at times when I have forgotten which button does what. Otherwise the face with the data is clear and bold. The watch and strap is made of a rubber type material, the strap is vented all the way round and is comfortable and attractive to wear, although I wouldn't wear it with my normal clothing. My annoyances are niggly things and do not detract from the functionality and appearance of the watch which is perfect for what I wanted.

Womens 2 PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned SAN DIEGO Ladies running sock
Womens 2 PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned SAN DIEGO Ladies running sock
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Super running socks, 3 Aug. 2013
I have worn these socks a good dozen times now and not once have I had blisters or rubbing from my trainers and they provide good cool comfort under foot generally. My old running socks seemed to always leave me with some form of rubbing on the underside and front of my toes and my feet felt overheated almost, so the fact I have none of this with these socks confirms they are fit for the purpose. The size is a perfect fit too. I had noticed some people suggesting they were too small, well I had the 5.5 - 8, I am a size 7 and the fit just fine. All in all I would definitely recommend these socks and will probably acquire more.

Tenn-Outdoors Women's 3/4 Length with Moulded Pad Cycling Leggings - Black/White Piping, 26-28 Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, 24 July 2012
I previously purchased two pairs of tenn cycling shorts over last couple of years and was happy with the fit and fabric particularly, which was nice and close fitting and had hoped for something similar with these 3/4 leggings. I can't comment on the pads as I have always unstitched the pad and wore padded undershorts from another manufacturer. Unfortunately these tights were not as close fitting as I had hoped particularly down towards the knees which I felt to be much too loose for my liking and they looked very loosely wrinkled. They lacked the tightness and elasticity of my previous tenn shorts. I think I could have easily gone a size lower and might have obtained a closer fit. I am normally a 10, so never considered going as small as an 8. They are quite high on the waist, but the waistband does slip down on me, so having a high waist band helps to keep the lower back covered. I am sure in the description it said there was a drawstring as well as elasticated waist, mine did not have a drawstring which I think I would have used to tighten the waist up a bit more to keep in place. All in all I would say they are okay for the money. They certainly haven't put me off tenn products and I would definitely still consider their products alongside others. Generally I would say they are value for money.

Bike Repair Manual
Bike Repair Manual
by Chris Sidwells

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book for the novices, 11 July 2012
This review is from: Bike Repair Manual (Paperback)
I am a 50 year old female cyclist and I needed straightforward step by step guidance on how to carry out minor repairs and adjustments to my bike, as I cycle regularly as a commuter and for pleasure. I soon discovered it was idiotic, expensive and inconvenient to keep taking my bikes to my cycle shop for adjustments which I should be able to do myself. This book is excellent, giving step by step guides with clear pictures on how to carry out many types of bike repairs. It covers bike maintenace generally for all type of bikes, some of which I probably would not feel confident to tackle (yet). But I take the book with me in my rucksack everywhere I go on the event of any problems occurring. I am really pleased with the book and would recommend it to both novices and the more experienced individuals. Has saved me a lot of time and money.

Cyclecraft: the complete guide to safe and enjoyable cycling for adults and children
by John Franklin

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and essential guide for ALL cyclists, 8 Jun. 2012
Even though I have been cycling to work twice week for almost 10 months and pleasure cycle at weekends, I realised every so often that I was gaining more experience and road knowledge from errors I was making, generally from my positioning on the road in a whole host of situations. This book is essential for all cyclists, even those who regards themselves as very experienced. It gives excellent advice that is so relevant for todays busy roads and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and intend to read it again and again. Fabulous book. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2