Profile for MJ > Reviews

Content by MJ

MJ

Samsung NC110 10.1 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 320GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Netbook, 1 Sep 2012
I needed a new laptop for my now defunct Dell. I wanted something portable, not to big which would enable me to go online , check emails surf the web, watch Youtube and Lovefilm, plus do some word processing.I was thinking of a Ipad until I checked many reviews for Netbooks on Cnet,pcworld,Youtube and amazon.The Samsung NC110 came with excellent praise. To be extra certain I wanted to see how large the device was before buying and fortunately a friend had just recently bought one. I was amazed at how light and small the device was.Compared to a laptop which I have always used. I was somewhat skeptical of the powers and ability of the Netbook.The positives having owned the Netbook for a few days now. The build quality is excellent it looks very smart and sleek. The keyboard is fantastic, very slick and does not feel cheap. Having now watched many Youtube and a few lovefilm movies the sound quality is very good and very loud, it is not at all tiny which I was worried about, so you need not buy external speakers. The screen resolution is great, no glare in sun light either because of the LED screen.The biggest plus is the battery life, I cannot believe how long it lasts on full charge, I have managed 8 hours, processing and surfing and watching Youtube which is amazing. The negatives, the touch pad is a little small so you need to adjust your fingers to this, however surprisingly I am now use to this, plus the pinch zoom features is a added bonus for me. If you have big hands,fat fingers then a mouse will do the job. The edges of the screen are plastic, and very sharp so need to be careful. The Netbook comes with a lot of software which is just useless and I spent 30mins removing it all, and downloading antivirus and chrome browser which made the device so much quicker.I upgraded to a 2GB memory by Crucial and it really does make a huge difference, the cost is less than a tenner, so you cannot go wrong and very easy to install(read instructions or look on Youtube for a novice like me).
Overall I recommend this Samsung Netbook NC110 very highly. My first one and I wont be going back to a laptop, looks great,lightweight, fast, and does all I want.Plus is cheaper than a tablet and more functional. I will now be purchasing the Samsung SE-208AB slim external DVD writer to watch movies which is around 20.
Very happy with purchase thanks amazon and Samsung.