Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Kieran S. Sidhu" (Basingstoke)

Page: 1 | 2
Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic
Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Best option on the market, 16 Sep 2014
I've been playing around with the Pro for the last few days and have been generally impressed with the comfort level, sound quality, and feature set. Not everybody's going to like its look -- it does have a sort business professional vibe to it -- but it seems well built. It has very good battery life too, with up to 24 hours of juice with Bluetooth and noise cancelling engaged, and Plantronics says you can get up to 60 hours if you use the headphones in wired mode with the noise cancelling on. The BackBeat Pro delivers strong bass though, and has a little treble push that amps up the detail. It's a fairly aggressive headphone, which means it's a little short on warmth, but it's the type of sound profile that's in vogue with mainstream users these days. It's also worth mentioning that with a touch of a button you can activate an OpenMic mode that "pushes the music to the background and amplifies environmental sounds," allowing you to have a conversation with the headphones on.

The headphone is loaded with features. The controls can easily be operated blindly, with a ring around the right earcup serving as a volume control and a ring on the left earcup serving as a transport control (track skip forward and back). I also liked how when you take Pro off your ears and rest it around your neck, your music pauses. The music resumes when you put the headphones back on

There's NFC tap-to-pair technology for Android phones that support it and Advanced Bluetooth technology that extends the wireless range to up to 330 feet (100 meters) when using a smartphone or tablet that supports the technology -- that's 10 times as much as the usual 33-foot (10-meter) range of Bluetooth. If you're wondering what the flavor of Bluetooth is, it's v4.0.

The headphones fold flat and come with a sturdy, well-designed carrying pouch. As you'd might expect from a Plantronics product, it works well as a headset (yes, there's a built-in microphone for taking calls).

Motorola DVX/XT1032 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Motorola DVX/XT1032 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by DESIRE HD LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Showing what true value for money is., 23 May 2014
am very impressed with this little device. Just so you know where I'm coming from, my cell phone history starts with my current Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Blaze 4G... and it goes on and on and on. I am a smart phone aficionado, and this little thing impresses me.

The screen has great viewing angles, and looks great in general. I dare say I like the color and viewing angles better than on my Nexus 5. The blacks don't become a light grey at the extreme corner angles. Obviously, my 5" 1080p is more of a pleasure to use than the 4.5" 720p overall, but I had to comment on just how rich and beautiful the Moto G display is. The size means that it has a PPI of about 329. The iPhone 5's retina display, for comparison, sits at 326ppi. The vast majority of people will need no more than what this display has to offer. And, AND... it's wrapped in Gorilla Glass 3. Not that it should really matter that much, I've had Gorilla Glass scratch and seen it shatter so it isn't a super material... but some people will be glad to have it.

The Quad Core 1.2Ghz Snapdragon 400 was fast enough for me. According to some benchmarks I've seen, it supposedly runs about as fast as the Nexus 4. The difference seems to be that this CPU simply sips on the battery. But, I'll get to more on that later. The GPU seemed fast enough for me on the benchmarks I'd run. Not the fastest, but by no means slow. The device doesn't have as much RAM at 1GB as higher end phones which tend to come in at 2GB. However for the average person this will not matter. Android's memory management is pretty good. While a power user might be able to occasionally catch blips associated to the lack of extra ram, the average user will never see it.

For a casual user, the battery life will simply be phenomenal. My own mom, with some light-ish use on mostly 3G network access did 21% battery use over 24 hours, and 55% over 3 days before charging. That's just crazy. Simply bananas. As a disclaimer, I bought 4 phones total and ran into a bug on one of my phones (that others have reported as well on some units) where a full discharge of the battery was not able to be recharged from fully dead without some serious fiddling. I managed to get that phone charging again and decided to try and run the battery down (testing) and I ran into problems. I couldn't tax the battery. I ran benchmarks, 3D intensive simulations, etc... the thing would not give up it's battery. I'm returning the questionable phone, but given that there are bad eggs in any production batch, I'm not docking any stars. I think this phone is worth the 5 stars, regardless of the occassional bad build.

Cons? There's no "advanced" features. There's no LTE (4G) radio on board. There's no NFC sensor for sharing links or doing financial transactions. There's no wireless charging, nor any 802.11ac support for the WiFi. However the average user might not really care about, or need, those things. LTE would've been nice, and most people have been convinced that they need 4G in their lives. However many are reporting real-life 3-4Mb/s transfer rates on their Moto G's... I get 12Mb/s on my DSL. How much speed do you really need to check the weather? I don't see how NFC didn't make the cut, but I guess at the price I can't complain. I'm not wild that the volume rocker is on the same side as the power button, but that's not a big deal.

Pros? This phone feels great in the hand. It has a good weight. I never liked the ultra-light feel of the samsung flagship phones. The phone feels solid despite having a user removable back plate. Oh, and you can replace the back plate with colorful replacements, or flip covers, or what have you.

For most anyone, this will be an absolutely fantastic choice. Don't be afraid, just buy it.

Moto E 4GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Moto E 4GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value., 22 May 2014
Being on a budget doesn't mean having something bad. It is actually quite good.

Unless you are a power user who loves super quick instant phones, this will be more than enough. Opening and closing apps is snappy and smooth enough, and they show on the quite beautiful display. It is bright, and crisp enough for the average person.

I love the micro Sd slot. It really gives you more memory freedom than most other phones, although it is kind of required in this case as the phone itself only has 4gb of memory.

The speakers are loud enough, and the quality is ok.

The camera is fast, but doesn't give good results, mediocre at best. But it is there and might come in handy now and then. I would have also liked a front facing camera for skype and stuff, but then again it's not a problem considering the price.

The battery life is simply amazing. It lasts me all day no problem, wich is actually something many much more expensive phones fail to provide!

The phone comes with a full charger, that means you will need another cable to connect it to your computer.

Browsing is quite smooth, and fast on 3G, and the GPS works well.

Phone is steardy, feels good in your hand (I love the dimple in the back), may seem a little small in terms of screen size, but it does it for me. I love being able to change the back!

The phone never crashed, and didn't fail do acomplish what I desired. Great phone that does anything you need - but not only that, an amazing price. You can literally do almost everything here that you could (or at least anything useful) on a Galaxy S5 or a nexus 5 without costing a few times less.

I mean who really needs an expensive fancy phone that's a little snappier or a better camera. For the price of an iPhone, you could buy in addition to the Moto E a good point and shoot camera, some sweet headphones, a watch and still have money to spare...

I really love the product, it's my new companion that does everything I need, and I don't have to work a whole year to pay for it.

I can trasfer all my data from Apple I-cloud! I just typed in my icloud username and password and the data was transfered.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2014 8:39 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish & Simple and Sophisticated, 1 May 2014
Very happy with this headset. Plantronics have maintained the quality.

Key features
0 I can be in my car with the window down and in heavy rain the other person believes I'm in a quiet room.
0 Connects with my work and personal mobile at the same time.(I use an I-Phone and Nokia Windows)
0 Announces the caller's name (key for drivers in term of keeping your eyes on the road)
0 I just say 'answer' to accept call (again key for drivers in terms of safety) or answers automatically when placed on ear (built in sensors)
0 Text messages are read out to my automatically via Windows 8 (I believe there's a 3rd party app for Android and IOS that enable this)
0 On my iPhone the icon show the headsets battery life.
0 I use the headset 9 til 5 and it has not run out of battery (the charging case gives the headset a full charge, if needed on the go)
0 Light weight (even with the case) I can put it in my pocket and forget it is there.

The headset and case both charge via Micro-USB. (Unlike the Voyager Legend, which has its own unique charger?)

I like the fact that I can stream music from either device, when I remove the headset from my ear the audio is automatically paused and when I place it back on my ear it plays again without me having to look at the device. This is very useful for people who listen to audio books, or training material as you never miss any audio, if you're interrupted

LG 29LN460U 29-inch Widescreen HD Ready LED Smart TV with Built-In Wi-Fi and Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Feb 2014
For the price, it has wifi built in and allows you to mirror youtube on from smartfone/tablet. Picture is clear with good sound and the back it bright green!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 3:19 PM GMT

Plantronics ML18 Bluetooth headset
Plantronics ML18 Bluetooth headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value headset, 30 Aug 2013
Works on my iphone and I'm happy with the battery life, it there is a battery indicator that pops up when linked to my iphone, it charges via Micro-USB. If you need a headset this is good value for money.

Magoo Plain Black Magnetic Car Tax Disc Holder
Magoo Plain Black Magnetic Car Tax Disc Holder
Offered by magoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Aug 2013
This holds the tax disx flush against the window and is lightweight and simple design stock on magnetic frame and then magnetic back secures tax disc making it very easy to change discs. I've had it on my car for over a year with no problems.

Vitrex Laminate Cutter
Vitrex Laminate Cutter
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars More effective than using any type of saw., 22 Aug 2013
The reason I give this product 5 stars is simply because it makes the job of laying laminate floor with little noise, no dust, and saves time compared to using a noisy, dust producing electric saw and being manual it saves on electricity without comprimising the end finish.

I used this cutter to cut 12mm floor and you have to really push to cut through, the majority of laminate on the market will be less that 12mm and I imagine alot easier to cut. The black stand keep the length of the laminate level with the tool.

The reason I rate this product 5 stars is it allows me to work longer and later, without disturbing the neighbours and has a lower price, is more portable compared to any electric saw and in my opinion less riskier in terms of safety. You will need to revert to a saw on horizontal cuts, however this will only usually be once you reach the end wall. You won't have to risk breating in any sawdust and you will save time cleaning it up once completed.

Plantronics Marque M155 Bluetooth Headset for Smartphone - White
Plantronics Marque M155 Bluetooth Headset for Smartphone - White
Offered by TotallyGadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bluetooth headset - perfect for a Fathers Day gift, 5 Jun 2013
People can hear me now clearly when I'm in the car - no one seems to realise I'm driving!

The AD2P is great as it allows me to listen to MP3's and podcasts and I still get a notification if a call message comes through or for the odd call on Skype/Viber etc.

I'm happy with the battery life and the useful USB adaptor allows me to charge two device with on USB port.

This headset will work with all bluetooth devices i.e. Mobiles/tablets.

It's easy to forget your wearing its so light and you can just say 'answer' to accept a call - its really easy.

I am very happy with this product...

Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset with Detachable Noise-cancelling Microphone (PC / MAC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality sound, 30 May 2013
Really unhappy with the quality of the sound, it is inconsistant and the headset is very breakable, i will be returning mine today and buying a replacement Plantronics GameCom 780 Open Ear Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound more money however much better quality.

Page: 1 | 2