Profile for Enigma > Reviews

Alive [Bonus Track Edition]
Offered by davehopetrading
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, 27 Sep 2013
I've been a big fan of Jessie J for a couple of years now, so this is not going to be an objective review (but then again aren't all reviews subjective?).

For me it's mainly about the voice. I love her tone (especially the middle and lower registers), her vibrato and her use of melisma. Technically she's very strong. I think she has a quite unique sound - difficult to mimic. She also has a fun personality and a big heart which adds to her appeal.

I love this album - I'm listening to it (again) as I'm writing. It's great to have some new Jessie J songs, though I still enjoy listening to the old ones. I'm looking forward to all the 'you tube' clips that are going to appear over the coming months of Jessie performing these new songs acoustically and live. She's a charismatic performer and a great live singer (she never mimes; recent highlights are Eden Sessions, Rock in Rio and iTunes Festival).

I couldn't pick a favourite song at the moment. I'm still listening to the album in it's entirety - basking in the beauty of her voice.

Not much of a review really. Just an opportunity for me to 'sing' the praises of Jessie J. If you get a fraction of the enjoyment that I get from listening to her music then you will be happy indeed.

First - The Official Film of the London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
First - The Official Film of the London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laura Trott
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 3.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliving London 2012 from a new perspective, 4 Jan 2013
I received the DVD of this film as a Christmas present and I love it.

The film follows the stories and olympic fortunes of 14 first time olympians (not 12). The 14 athletes are:
James Ellington (British sprinter)
Laura Trott (British track cyclist)
Katie Taylor (Irish boxer)
Christophe Lemaitre (French sprinter)
Majlinda Kelmendi (Albanian judo player)
Missy Franklin (American swimmer)
John Orozco (American gymnast)
Queen Underwood (American boxer)
Bruno Fratus (Brazilian swimmer)
David Rudisha (Kenyan runner)
Chad Le Clos (South African swimmer)
Heena Sidhu (Indian shooter)
Qiu Bo (Chinese diver)
Caroline Buchanan (Australian BMX cyclist)