Profile for Jeff Mason > Reviews

Jeff Mason

Exoplanets and Alien Solar Systems
Exoplanets and Alien Solar Systems
by Tahir Yaqoob

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read. Well written by an expert in the ..., 8 Nov. 2014
A really good read. Well written by an expert in the field with a nice touch of humour. The book is also not afraid to challenge current thinking on planetary formation and migration. It also has excellent appendices to help you learn more and keep your knowledge up to date in this fast moving field of exploration.

1,001 Celestial Wonders to See Before You Die: The Best Sky Objects for Star Gazers (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
by Michael E. Bakich

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for an experienced amateur, 29 Sept. 2013
I am really enjoying using this book to plan out my observations rather than just take the telescope out and observe at random. I find it works well in conjunction with a monthly magazine which keeps you up to date on new occurrences. There are many new things I have not observed before included in the book as well as old favourites and I find it well written and well structured.

It was brought for me as a birthday present by my workmates in a call centre and I am forever being asked how many objects I have observed! So not only is it helping me with my interest but it is also encouraging lots of other people to find out a bit more about Astronomy.