Profile for Francisco A. Lambarri V > Reviews

Content by Francisco A. L...

Francisco A. Lambarri V "ampanman" (Monterrey, MX)

Page: 1 | 2
A-Z Vol.1
A-Z Vol.1

5.0 out of 5 stars Make no mistake..., 1 Sept. 2010
This review is from: A-Z Vol.1 (Audio CD)
See all the reviews??? 5 stars everywhere. Listening to this album/compilation I feel like I am young again (I'm in my mid-thirties and I feel 17 when I hear this album)

Waiting eagerly for Vol-2 (Q-BINARY)!!!

15 years of being a follower but now I'm a devoted fan.

We Are Pilots
We Are Pilots

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Shop Boys Vs BIS Vs The Killers... 80's style., 12 Jun. 2007
This review is from: We Are Pilots (Audio CD)
What can I say? Already the best pop-synth-newNEW Wave-rock album this year. So full with energy, passion, synth layers and emotions I just can't describe. Abba, PSB, Killers, New order are trown in for a very special and cosmic mix. Honestly, haven't heard this type of music since the 80's. I want to dance, cry, shout and sing at the same time. AMAZING!!! Sure... a bit corny and a bit sweet... but hey!!! who cares this is better than therapy, prozac and chocolate. I'm HAPPY. AWESOME.

SIX STARS. BUY IT. MARK MY WORDS THEY ARE GONNA BE HUGE.

Lifeblood
Lifeblood

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is said., 3 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Lifeblood (Audio CD)
Yes, it's true, most of previous reviews are correct, some are scary exact and others well... It's true The Manics are not the same, they are older and wiser and this is what I don't understand from the others about complaining of their new pop sound. Be honest! The Manics have covered most of the rock styles over their albums and by now you will notice this is not different (well... different!) They gave us a clue of thier musical direction in the song "There by the grace of god" from the Foreved delayed compilation and like Nick said "I can't be 34 pretending to be 25" so if you are waiting for the Holy Bible Again, be prepared, IT'S NOT COMING BACK. I love their new sound no matter what others say, and still they are clever and philisophical as before. Best CD from the new Manics...

Polythene [Includes CD Rom Disc]
Polythene [Includes CD Rom Disc]
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah grunge Feeder!, 3 Mar. 2005
I feel strange writting a review for a very old Album from Feeder, especially when the latest one is out there, but as a fan I feel obligated to write one. Polythene is the loudest, heavy,noisy and exagerated album of Feeder as (maybe) it belongs more to the grunge era (pearl-jam era not nirvana-era)and you will think of Seattle 1992, not England 1997. Polythene it's catchy, irreverent and grungy, Grant Nicholas even yells and shouts. But besides that, THIS IS the true older sister album of Echo Park as it has a perfect mix of ballads and rock. You'll notice later that this album has a lot more to offer and you will forget the grunge idea sooner or later because Feeder is not that adolescent MTV alienated band, there's true spirit in them and something else. Anyway, this is a perfect addition to your Fedder collection, and if you are not a fan, give it a try you won't regret it. Best song: HIGH.

Flood The Tanks
Flood The Tanks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Were you expecting Radiohead???, 3 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Flood The Tanks (Audio CD)
If you were hoping this, like I was, you will feel dissapointed and very unhappy. But let's get this straight: Radiohead Bend era nothing more. Sure, I love Summer jets, it has that New order (the new new order not the old new order, duh) feel, nice guitar playing and it is a decent rock - Indie ballad, but for the rest of the CD there's nothing else. If you like Paloalto, Haven, Lorien or Lowgold (well, not that depressive) you will like it. Ian Archer can get really boring, uninspired and conventional, hes not too loud to be good nor too depressed to be good, get the point?, it's like having a lukewarm tea, simple as that, not strong as a coffe or sweet as a milkshake, and come on!!! 10 songs??? pffff. Don't believe the reviews, there are better indie rock groups out there.

Meltdown [Limited Edition With Bonus Live CD]
Meltdown [Limited Edition With Bonus Live CD]
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice package... now where's the music?, 3 Mar. 2005
Being a real fan of ash, I have to admit that this album is not for me, 1977 and Free all angels are. Meltdown suffers from over-production just like nu-clear sounds, feels too guitar noisy, heavy, pedantic and complicated, lyrical stupid, new fans looking for a heavy rock and even metallic ones will dig it, but not me, this is one step back for what I consider the true succesors of the Smashing Pumpkins. Skip the limited version, live acting is not this band strenght, tough you will have a nice packaging, 2 cds, a booklet and a cutboard for doing some graffity or paint your room (Only if you have less than 18 years) I guess. Best of all gotta admit BURN BABY BURN on the concert CD. Man even ENVY single is better than this Album. HA!

Under the Waves
Under the Waves

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much beauty..., 8 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Under the Waves (Audio CD)
Lorien is everything, think of the indiest bands, Budapest, Lowgold, part Coldplay, part Radiohead and even Puressence... and maybe you will get the idea. Beatiful orchestrated melodies haunt my head like ghosts, oh! the piano here, oh! the violins there, and that angelical voice. This is the kind of music that is sometimes to good to listen and maybe... this is my biggest complain: Not enough Melancholic-Rock tracks like "ghostlost" or "planet new earth", most of the songs are slow bit down tempo, and that is why I'm not giving this excellent group 5 stars, I hope the next album will be more balanced. TIP. To fully enjoy the beauty of Lorien music you have to be calm and relaxed otherwise you'll think it's too slow and boring.

Hysteria
Hysteria

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the only way..., 8 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Hysteria (Audio CD)
Let's face it, YOU MUST BUY this single just for the B-side song "Eternally missed" wich is along the lines of "Ruled by secrecy" from the album Absolution.
If you are reading this you are a FAN of Muse and I don't need to tell you how great this band is, and if you have any doubts about getting this CD for just a b-side you just don't have any idea of what are you missing.

With The Tides
With The Tides
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars South from the North and with the wind, 12 Sept. 2003
This review is from: With The Tides (Audio CD)
Having a previous album "From here on in", South was starting to refine their musical lines, something between experimental rock and ambient indie rock, not Mogwai and not quite kid A, let's say something else. "From here on in" suffered from cohesion, sometimes it felt like a bunch of demos pasted together, sometimes trying to sound like the Stones Roses, sometimes like Oasis and sometimes like Radiohead (if you like comparissions) and sometimes they were just a bunch of dance beats, no lyrics and no voices in most of the songs, yet they delivered a good album,a moderate success but very forgettable. "With the tides" they hope to revindicate from that, but fear not they are still labeled Inidie and that's what they do, Indie music. You have to agree that it's not easy to be multi-instrumentalist, composer and mixer at the same time. More mellow, soft, lush and more straight, a bit more cohesive and with a bit more lyrics, they return from what I expect to be a good album, I'm not going to lie to you, this is not the "album of the year" but its an enjoyable listen, if you are into Indie music you should try this new offering from South.
Complete listing:
9. Silver Sun
10. Straight Lines to Bad Lands
11. What I Find
12. Threadbare
Also try the last one, it's weird but somehow it grows on you (it was 3 star review from me)

Absolution
Absolution
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars I waited for sooooooo looooong....., 30 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Absolution (Audio CD)
But I think it was worth it. Absolution is in fact the third album from one of the greatest British band revelation in the Rock music. Hullabaloo was only a concert CD with some great B-sides, and introduced 2 new songs wich envolved into big hits (Dead star and In your world). This time Matthew Bellamy an Co. are surpassing themselves, wich I thought it was impossible to do after the groundbreaking album Origin of Symmetry. I you were (like me) waiting for the new Muse album, you should have heard at least one of the singles out there, the first one is Stockholm syndrome, wich was donwnloadable in their site a few weeks ago, the other one and for my surprise, is "Time is running out", this was selected to be the first single in the album (if you can see the video is very interesting, it was inspired by a Stanley Kubrick movie)and somehow it resembles a little of Abba. Muse this time around is taking a more dramatic aproach to rock music, envolving to a near opera-rock status, Matt's perfect and high falsetto is unequaled and unimmitable and he's a god at the guitar, Dominic's dynamics at drums are incredible as Chris churning and exploding riffs. Left, very long ago, were the comparissions between Muse and Radiohead, now nobody is saying that. Absolution is going to be huge, they deliver more energy than before and is taking a break from the pretentious Art-perfection of Origin of Symmetry, sure there are more songs like plug-in baby (Stockholm syndrome) but fear not the album has the same amount of complex, perfect landscaping, atmospheric and out of this world opera-rock songs. What you will notice in this album is that Matt is using more piano in his songs, but they fuse so perfectly that you can't imagine the songs without it. Today I preordered the CD and the single, I have to, I wasn't the lucky one at The Planetarium to hear the whole album for the first time. NOTHING and I mean nothing can top this album, and believe me it's going to be the album of the year and possible the best album of Muse... until... you know? the fourth album. I'm like everyone ushered trough the chamber of horrors of exiting! (I was tempted to download some filtrated songs of this album, but believe me waiting for the whole album is more satisfying) . BUY NOW!!!
This is the complete list of track from the Absolution album:
01- Intro To Apocalypse Please