Profile for PSB1 > Reviews

PSB1 (UK)

Aeroccino
Aeroccino

2.0 out of 5 stars Good initially, but..., 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Aeroccino (Kitchen & Home)
...as others have said, this item eventually succumbs to burning the milk on the bottom surface, activating a cut-out mechanism which means it will no longer heat the milk.

Avoid.

SHARKOON QuickPort Combo for SATA HDD and IDE Device
SHARKOON QuickPort Combo for SATA HDD and IDE Device
Price: 33.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what is needed, 25 May 2012
I discovered I had a broken desktop a couple of weeks ago. Not being great at PC repair, I was more worried about losing my photos and music than attempting to fix the machine itself. I stumbled upon this while I was investigating seperate hard drive enclosures and am very happy that I decided to buy. The drive just slots straight in, plug in the USB cable to your computer and you're away.

Build quality is good and I'm glad I went with this product rather than some of the others on Amazon that get more mixed reviews. There's a few more broken computers around friends and family that will be getting the same recovery treatment with this little gem.

The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Dimensional Modeling (Computer Science)
by Ralph Kimball
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 4 Dec 2006
I picked this up about 18 months ago as a primer, and it's still helping me today as I continue to develop new datawarehouse designs. Each time I have to do something for the first time, there's usually a chapter in the book for it. I feel a lot more comfortable having it on my desk!!