Profile for Camie > Reviews

Camie (London)

Dimplex 2 KW Convector Heater with Timer
Dimplex 2 KW Convector Heater with Timer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant heater, 29 Nov 2012
We have a 30sq foot sitting room which has double doors onto a conservatory so lots of glass and this little heater heats up the room in no time and actually retains the heat for longer than I expected. Thermostat is good and its small and compact with lots of heat settings. Its also quite quiet, just clicks when the thermostat has been reached. So good i'm ordering another two for my childrens bedrooms which I can set on timer through the night.

My Pregnancy Journal
My Pregnancy Journal
by Alison Mackonochie
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 13.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable as a keepsake, 27 Mar 2012
I was really disappointed with this journal. As another reviewer said it is very functional but far too much detail on pregnancy symptoms in my opinion. e.g. vaginal discharge - how this is affecting me.... or veins noticeable in my breasts.... how is my libido? urinary tract infection details... this is mostly repeated for each month. I mean honestly I think that is just TMI to hand down to your child-to-be. If you are after something that you want to catalogue your pregnancy symptoms warts and all then this might be for you but just not what I was after.

10 Minute Solution - Dance Your Body Thin [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Dance Your Body Thin [DVD]
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the happy hormones pumping!!, 18 Jan 2011
Really loved this one! As some of the other reviewers said it isn't really high impact but you still feel tired enough at the end. I loved the ballet segment because it seemed to incorporate lots of body stretching and lengthening and its also quite graceful (well to watch her not me!). The trainer is also really good - she cues you up for the next move and is quite motivating!

10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat  [DVD]
10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat [DVD]
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan 2011
Absolutely love this DVD. The fact that its in 10 min bitesizes makes it so easy to complete a segment and your'e much more likely to just do another one after it! Some of the exercises are more advanced so if you don't already have strength in your core muscles its pretty tiring (like me!) but I know if I persevere it'll be much easier.

Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Unisex Thong Sandals
Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Unisex Thong Sandals
Price: 24.99 - 65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable and flattering, 3 Dec 2010
SO happy with these shoes - I have a very narrow foot and they're so flattering on the shape. I ordered the Slim size 38 only because the standard size wasn't available. I'm so glad I did because they were perfect fit and don't slip off. If you're any way narrow I'd recommend the slim fit. I got the patent white and they're really fab. Will be coming back next summer for more colours I think!

Sweet Nursery Chic: Sew 50 Adorable Projects in 10 Charming Themes
Sweet Nursery Chic: Sew 50 Adorable Projects in 10 Charming Themes
by Susan Cousineau

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive and chintzy, 6 Nov 2010
So disappointed with this book hoping to feel inspired to do a variety of projects for my daughters nursery. I received it today and only had to flick through it to see how repetitive it was - absolutely no creative spectrum at all. Basically you can learn how to make the items on the front cover of the book in the first 5 pages and then the rest of the book repeats the same projects in a variety of different colours and themes. I was expecting chic ideas as the book name suggests but alas I will be returning this book first thing on monday!

The Naughty Secretary Club: The Working Girl's Guide to Handmade Jewelry
The Naughty Secretary Club: The Working Girl's Guide to Handmade Jewelry
by Jennifer Perkins
Price: 10.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, 28 April 2009
I ordered this book expecting to find some inspiring, unusual ideas that I could tailor make to my own jewellery making style. Instead what I found was a very amature book using slightly ridiculous materials (scrabble pieces, paperclips) with the end product looking like something you made whilst bored during a maths class when you were 13! Unfortunately there wasn't anything I could glean from it and certainly nothing that could be marketable / sellable(I tried!)so I have just returned the book. However I think it would be a great book for 8-13 year olds to explore & experiment in jewellery making on their own or with friends.