Profile for Emily > Reviews

Content by Emily

Emily

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book in an instant, 11 Mar. 2015
This book had me hooked from page one all the way through until the last page. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it and wanting to read it.
Normally I find crime thrillers can be quite predictable and can become laborious, but Silent Scream grabbed me instantly and kept going the whole way through with twists and turns. I couldn't guess what was going to happen and I didn't want to stop reading until I knew!

I can completely understand why it was the Number 1 on the Kindle bestseller charts for so long and I would recommend this book in an instant.

I loved the characters on the team, DI Kim Stone, Bryant, Stacey, Dawson and the other doctors. Each character really developed into their own and added depth to the story. I felt myself becoming invested in these characters' lives and I thought Kim was the perfect character who plays the dedicated, hardcore detective that is required for a job like hers.

I feel that this book has opened the door to a lot more from Kim Stone and her team and I can't wait for more!!

Gelish - Exhale 01330 15ml
Gelish - Exhale 01330 15ml
Offered by Ella Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars The shade is great, the Gelish varnish is great and my nails ..., 17 Dec. 2014
This is my second bottle of this colour. The shade is great, the Gelish varnish is great and my nails look fab.
If you have the whole gel UV nail kit then I would recommend this colour varnish

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars All bottles for this shade are apparently faulty, 17 Dec. 2014
I would not recommend buying this nail varnish. It's not the pale pink colour in the picture, which was fine because I already looked up the real colour and wanted that one, but when it arrived there was a massive lump of solid varnish in the bottom of the bottle which in turn disfigured the brush and it was completely unusable.
When contacting the seller I have been told that all the bottles for this particular colour are like this and there is no way to get a replacement that is normal.
I've had no previous problem with Gelish or Ella Gray as a seller, but this product is apparently faulty across all the bottles, which is a shame because the colour is so nice.

I would avoid buying this bottle and have a look for other sellers who may have better versions in stock.

Me Without You
Me Without You

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story to make you laugh and cry!, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Me Without You (Kindle Edition)
This book should come with 2 rules:
1 - do not read it in public if you're afraid of emotional outbursts.
2 - read it anyway, it is completely worth it.

Me Without You is such a heart-wrenchingly beautiful book about true love, hope and making the most of what you have in life. It will make you cry, but it will also make you laugh out loud and smile even at the smallest things. It highlights the joys of the little things in life and asks the question why put things off when you can enjoy them now. You never know when things might change.

The book captured my attention from page one and I fell in love with Callum and Lilah as they fell in love with eachother - two people who never believed in true love - and equally broke it when their fate is revealed but this book has for me what I adored about The Fault in Our Stars, it takes a love story that you know will never end perfectly and still makes the time they have perfect.

Kelly Rimmer captures this beautifully and so much more in her writing that makes it an ultimate page-turner. You don't need to believe in true love to read this story - but you never know it might surprise you.

The Gravity Between Us (New Adult Contemporary Romance)
The Gravity Between Us (New Adult Contemporary Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Must-Read book!, 16 Oct. 2013
This is such an amazing novel that got me hooked from page one. A really fresh and edgy addition to the New Adult genre, I think it is a definite must-read!
It follows the friendship, and growing love, of Payton and Kendall, two young girls who move to the heart of the star-studded celeb-scene and have to face the battle between being who people want them both to be and who they really are.

It has all you could ever want in a book - love, friendship, conflict and a lot of glamour. It has light-hearted humour in all the right places and provides escapism into the Hollywood world of fame, friendship and love but I especially like how it does all of that and still touches on a very real subject. How it's easy for some but not for others, figuring out who you are and accepting that person and learning that other people's reactions should not define that. I think everyone has a little bit of that inside of them, whether it is to do with sexuality or other issues and it's this that makes it so relatable and allows you to really get sucked in deep with the characters and their story.
Does their love stand up to the increasing pressure of fame? I guarantee you won't be able to put it down until you know!

Cupcakes at Carrington's
Cupcakes at Carrington's
by Alexandra Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, compelling read, 27 Jan. 2013
Cupcakes at Carringtons is such a fantastic read. With a love of cupcakes, baking and reading I bought this straight away and was not disappointed. I loved the setting of the department store as well as the delicious sounding cakes from the cafe but what I thought was the best thing about the book was the twists and turns in the story that kept you guessing and coming for more throughout. It wasn't the usual predictable story and took turns which left me both surprised and satisfied. I would recommend you read it, but with a cupcake or two near by! Can't wait for book number 2 to find out what happens next!

Blood Shadows: 1 (Blackthorn)
Blood Shadows: 1 (Blackthorn)
by Lindsay J. Pryor

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing first in the series, 20 Nov. 2012
Blood Shadows is an amazing novel by Lindsay J Pryor, the first of the Blackthorn series.
Living in a paranormal world where humans and vampires along with other 'third species' are in opposition; the humans rule and have Vampire Control Units keeping in line those who don't follow suit. Alongside this is the journey of Kane and Caitlin, him vampire and her human. They both have their own missions and a time limit so they have to work with, and against, each other in order to get revenge for their loved ones' deaths. The book plays with the idea of loyalty to one's own species and how quickly that can be compromised in different situations. It opens a whole world of things to come giving you just enough to understand what is happening but leaving you with this curiosity of wanting to know more and what is going to happen in the next book. It also tests resistance of physical, sexual and emotional desire, you watch as the characters fight against themselves and each other to resist these desires, which makes them that even more tempting. This story is definitely just the beginning and I think it is going to turn out to be a really amazing series.

One of the things that makes it a compelling read is the spark between Kane and Caitlin, it has enough passion and heat that you can really believe it and you can feel the depth of love between them, whether they fight it off or not. It is the kind of depth that made other popular paranormal books like Twilight so compelling, you want to fall in love just like they do. I liked how fun and fierce both characters were, they played off each other in their battles for power and fearlessness, trying not to let the other overtake them but as you are given the story from both perspectives throughout you get to really see inside their heads to know how they really feel and how they perceive each other. There are constant sub-tones of things to come; darker, more political social wars between species and their greed for control and power. Definite intriguing hints of dark, even deadly drama to come in the series.

I found it was written really well and an easy read which kept me hanging on to each page. I literally could not put it down! It combines what I wanted to happen with enough curve balls to make it unpredictable and make me want to find out how it all resolves in the end. I really enjoyed it and am already looking forward to reading the sequel!

The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (Forensic Instincts)
The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (Forensic Instincts)
by Andrea Kane

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, 6 Sept. 2011
I hadn't read any of Kane's books before but this one was really amazing!
I read it in 2 nights it was that gripping, I just wanted to keep finding out what happened!
THe plot was good, it seemed obvious who the kidnappers were, but written in a way that made you think that you were clever for discovering it rather than being predictable! I enjoyed the characters and their relationships and the way Kane sets up different characters so the reader is suspect of everyone without actually giving anything away! I especially enjoyed the Forensic Instincts team, and I would love to read more on this team!

The only thing that got me that I didn't like is the title! That would be my only fault with this novel, the title is not accurate, it suggests that there is a girl who disappears twice, whereas in fact there are two girls who disappear 32 years apart and the characters have to go through the same tragic motions for both cases!
I definately want to find more of Kane's books to read!

Very enjoyable, would recommend it to anyone!