Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Organic Oatmeal Medium 5kg
Organic Oatmeal Medium 5kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Organic Oatmeal Medium 5kg (Misc.)
I am Scots, and I prefer to make my porridge the traditional way from oatmeal, This product tastes very nice, and has a smooth texture. I usually use a slow cooker, on a low setting overnight, with 1 measure of oatmeal (I use half a cup, i.e. 125 ml) to 4 measures of water, for a very generous portion. Rub butter round the cooker bowl first, and leave a little bit of butter loose in the bottom, In the morning, add salt, give it a good stir and serve.Don't worry if a little bit sticks to the bottom corner of the slow cooker bowl (just leave it to steep in cold water for a bit, and it lifts off easily). It is also fine steeped overnight in cold water, brought to the boil (stirring continuously), and then simmered for at least 5 minutes, and preferably longer, stirring occasionally.

I also eat it the traditional Scottish way, with porridge in one bowl and milk (or cream, if you prefer) in another. Take a spoonful of porridge, pick up some milk in the same spoon, and eat it. It stops the porridge getting cold, as it does if you add the milk in the same plate.

Adding dried fruit (raisins and/or sultanas) is also nice,

For a variation, I sometimes add a heaped 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in the morning, give it a stir, and leave it for a bit.

Dead Men and Broken Hearts: A Lennox Thriller
Dead Men and Broken Hearts: A Lennox Thriller

2.0 out of 5 stars Affording it, 10 July 2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Lennox books, and the truly excellent Jan Fabel books by the same author. I have
been really looking forward to reading this one, but, oh, dearie me, £9.30! This is much more expensive than the other books. Things are not very easy financially for me at the moment (as for so many other people) and I have a hard job justifying the price for a single book.

I hope the Kindle price comes down a bit. It's not like actual books, where you can hold off and get a secondhand copy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 10:02 PM GMT

Mingming & the Art of Minimal Ocean Sailing
Mingming & the Art of Minimal Ocean Sailing

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute treasure, 30 Oct 2011
Why give this book five stars? Because Amazon wouldn't let me give it any more ... It is truly exceptional. Full-colour photos and unmissable videos are on his website [...]. Go there, I promise you, you'll love it. I bought the book, and I am going to buy the Kindle version as well. His other book, Voyages of a Simple Sailor, is also well worth reading.

Ergonomic Wrist Rest for Mouse & Keyboard-Black-MEDIUM - To fit wrist 15cm to 18cm (approx. 6 inch to 7 inch)
Offered by wrist donut

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy wife, 19 Feb 2011
My wife types a lot (we work as translators) and has been suffering considerable pain in her wrists and forearms. I bought her both a gel wrist rest and the donuts to see which was better. The gel desk rest with built-in mouse rest was OK, but not quite long enough for both the trackball and the keyboard (even though it's an Arc keyboard, which is fairly compact). She is delighted with the wrist donuts. The pain in her wrists and arms eased very quickly, and she found the donuts very easy to use. Since they are attached to her and not sitting on the desk or table, there is no need to position anything, and the location of the trackball is no longer critical. When she moves between rooms with her laptop, there is one less thing to carry. The donuts will also be much more convenient than a wrist rest when she is travelling. She finds the donuts comofortable and unobtrusive to wear, and she puts in at least 8 hours a day at the computer.

She is very pleased with the donuts, and with me for getting them for her. Highly recommended.

The service from the suppliers was excellent. Remember you need two of these, as they are sold singly. There is a discount on buying a pair together.