Profile for P Campbell > Reviews

Tigi Bed Head Manipulator 57ml
Tigi Bed Head Manipulator 57ml
Offered by Fabriah

5.0 out of 5 stars Tigi comes up trumps again, 6 Oct. 2014
Use a very tiny amount to get style and texture into your hair. It is very gloopy, so beware when opening the jar as it can get very messy. Don't use too much as it will be too heavy on your hair.

Good quality product.

Kid Galaxy Soft and Squeezable Car Transporter with 1-Pull Back Mini (Red)
Kid Galaxy Soft and Squeezable Car Transporter with 1-Pull Back Mini (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well designed., 6 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Boys love cars at any age and when this car transporter came up I thought that H would love it when he comes to stay. It is a great size and nice chunky for small boys hands and there is the added bonus of the transporter cab and the car being made of slightly flexible plastic, so not too hard to play with. It comes with the one chunky-wheeled car and no doubt we shall have to buy the other cars to go with it now! The ramp lowers and raises and once you suss out how to do that then you're away.

Sturdy and very well constructed. I think it will last a long time.

Xeno Burnt Orange
Xeno Burnt Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it and I'm a big kid!, 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Xeno Ultra (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like Xeno. I'm a big kid at heart and he makes me laugh. He is very appealing.

When Xeno arrived, the box was pretty hard to open with lots of sellotape and he was hard to remove with screws holding him into the base. I had to find a very small electrical screwdriver to get to him. Once that was done, I had to find 4 x AA batteries as there were none inside. There is a switch underneath him to get Xeno activated and once his eyes light up green he starts to come to life. He is covered in a soft rubbery material, which has elastic properties. He is quite heavy and not a toy that could put up with a lot of pulling and prodding.

I have been amused by the sounds he makes and his expressions and you get reactions from squeezing his feet, hands, poking his belly button and squeezing his tail. He burps, sleeps, farts, hums, laughs and cries etc. Although I downloaded the App (game) and played music, he didn't seem to interact with it. On the whole I like it and some kids will love it and others may find it boring after the novelty wears off. It is a lot of money, but he does do a lot of things, but I wonder how soon kids would get bored with him.

Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar for GCSE - Digital Tester and Handbook
Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar for GCSE - Digital Tester and Handbook
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 28 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very impressed with this GCSE booklet and digital tester. If you want it to improve your ability to spell, use correct grammar and punctuation, then this is spot on. The handbook is small and very portable. The digital software offers multiple choice test or straight questions and testing.

I enjoyed trying this very comprehensive package and I can see how it would help any student in English language.

Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)
Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy., 28 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great value and you'll never be short of a good sturdy saw. It went through some pretty hard wood like it was butter. To get five saws in a pack is an unusual buy and one I had to take advantage of. I think the last saw we had was being used to chop up turf!

I have always been a Stanley tools fan and this is really good. The handle is rubberised and comfortable to hold. The teeth are strong and really sharp. I think buying products from Stanley means you know you are going to get quality and this saw is no exception. We've only ever bought cheap saws before and they are false economy.

Very pleased.

Sofia the First Magic Amulet Playset
Sofia the First Magic Amulet Playset

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better!, 28 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Disney Sofia is ideal for little girls who love small toys. This large purple amulet contains little figures and settings and has lights and music. Very cute stocking filler for any little girl into Disney products. B likes it as it matches her room colours. I don't think it's good value looking at the contents and construction, but Disney can be a bit pricey.

It's OK but nothing special, but B liked it.

Driving Test Success Theory Test DVD 2015 Edition
Driving Test Success Theory Test DVD 2015 Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know., 28 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really good way to swot up on your driving test theory. It is fully interactive and shows every aspect of driving theory and tests you to see how much it has sunk in. I will keep going over it all until I can score 100%. I have used similar software from the same manufacturer and on the whole found them to be very good as they are based on official DVSA questions and Highway Code.

Ideal tool that covers all bases for any learner driver.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 10:04 AM BST

KS2 English: Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Study Book
KS2 English: Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Study Book
by CGP Books

4.0 out of 5 stars A great way to help teach these important areas of language., 27 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fun book, as far as educational books go. At SATS Key Stage 2, this workbook guides the pupil through the rudiments of Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling in way that was never explained fully to me at school. I'm sure I would have excelled more in my writing if I had had this good foundation (although I didn't do too badly at school).

This book is divided into sections on Grammar, Sentence Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. Then each section is subdivided into the relevant subheadings and each is explored clearly with explanation and examples. There are even illustrations thrown in for a little light relief. There are also quick questions to check to see if you've got the hang of it. At the end of each section are Test-Style Questions.

Impressed.

Scalextric 1:32 Scale Monster Truck Mayhem Race Set
Scalextric 1:32 Scale Monster Truck Mayhem Race Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Practice makes perfect?, 16 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The chance to finally get a Scalextric came and so I had to try for this. The boys will no doubt love it.

A large box arrived and we managed to put it together. Some of the instructions were a bit vague; such as the spacing on the jumps using a cardboard template as in the diagram, when it was actually a printed ramp made of (buckled) card. Not too impressed with that! There were also four black plastic discs and no mention of what to do with them. Unless I missed something?

Fully assembled the track, ramps and barriers and got the trucks moving. It was tricky at first getting used to the speeds required and we spent most of the time putting them back on the tracks when they spun off. Practice will improve things, I hope.

Overall pleased with the way the track clipped together and the whole concept. The boys need to give it the once over.

IMEDEEN Hair and Nails
IMEDEEN Hair and Nails

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait and see?, 10 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We'll have to see how they help as I have just started to take these and so will update as time goes by. I have a connective tissue disorder and therefore my nails aren't in great condition. As with all Imedeen products they are designed to work from within to promote good nail and hair health, as in this case.

Well packaged and in capsule form these contain silica, horsetail, B vitamins, biotin and zinc. I'm not sure if this is going to be a perfect combination as yet, although the silica and zinc may help?

More anon.

So far, so good and no tummy upsets etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20