Profile for Campbell > Reviews

Content by Campbell

Campbell (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson - T0715 Combo Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So far so good. I managed to load them into my printer without them being rejected. My biggest worry was leakage as the last compatibles I tried really messed up the printing heads. The ink isn't as good, as obviously Epson's own are pigment rich and high quality, but the price is often prohibitive.

I would use these again and I am waiting to see how long they last. Good to go!

The Gracekeepers
The Gracekeepers
by Kirsty Logan

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad start., 28 April 2015
This review is from: The Gracekeepers (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very dreamy fantasy novel. I found it flitted about a fair bit and wasn't very tightly written in places and seemed to meander along sometimes haphazardly. I liked the feeling of the story, but there was so much left unexplained and often lacked clarity. I should say that I didn't dislike it at all, as potentially it was an unusual story. As a debut novel it was very good and it would be nice to read more from this writer.

Definitely fantasy.

Philips Multi-Groom Ultra Precise Beard Styler Series 1000
Philips Multi-Groom Ultra Precise Beard Styler Series 1000

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for travel., 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A pretty handy beard trimming kit. Battery operated and with various trimming attachments. Ideal for travel as it's neat and compact. Easy to handle as its small and the heads fit will for precision cutting and trimming. It's not one of the bigger kind with rechargeable power and bigger trimming heads, but this does the job very nicely.

Versatile and handy to have. Worked well and does the job.

Creature Teacher
Creature Teacher
by Sam Watkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 18 April 2015
This review is from: Creature Teacher (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fun book aimed at 7-10 year old children. There's good size large text and b/w pictures throughout adding to the humour. B and M both really liked it and are looking forward to the next book in the series.

This book is basically about a teacher called Mr Hyde who starts to teach at a school and unbeknown to his employers he transform into a 'creature' who wreaks havoc. The children in the class try to keep his 'problem' away from the headmistress, Mrs Blunt. Chaos ensues.

Well written, easy to read and great illustrations.

Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6422/02 with Opti-start Cap with Massage Element
Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6422/02 with Opti-start Cap with Massage Element

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic epilator, 18 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A basic but sound epilator. It doesn't feel as good quality as some that I have tested over the years, but nevertheless a decent one. This is a wired product, not cordless and the power lead is a good length. You get a satin pouch to put it in, an attachment head a small brush for cleaning.

The tweezer-action is fine and I removed a good portion of hair from my leg quite easily. I would suggest to anyone using epilators to put warm compresses on the area to be epilated to open up the pores. It does hurt a bit, but over time you get used to it. I tend to splash legs with warm water to begin (and dry them) and afterwards splash with cool water to calm the skin/pores down.

The Legend of Frog
The Legend of Frog
by Guy Bass

4.0 out of 5 stars Wacky and fun!, 14 April 2015
This review is from: The Legend of Frog (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very funny well written book. Our B loved it as it was fun and she likes humour and exciting reads. I had never heard of this series of books and B now wants to read some more. The plot is wild and wacky and follows Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Humour in a big way. If you're not into them, then go read something a little less unusual.

I won't do spoilers, but if your child wants something a bit different then this would fit the bill.

The House of Hidden Mothers
The House of Hidden Mothers
by Meera Syal

4.0 out of 5 stars Meera Syal at her best, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read Meera Syal's other books: 'Anita and Me' and 'Life isn't all Ha Ha Hee Hee'. Both books were well written and so it this. Her writing is comfortable to read and never taxing and her characterisation is sharp and believable. I know personally her books have given me some insight in life within Indian families.

Again I find this book a really good read and I like the main characters whether they are pleasant or not, as they are full and well-rounded. I am aware of their aspirations and drive. There is humour and tension. The main character, Shyama, lives in London and has a relationship with a younger man and she wants a baby in her mid-forties. She meets Mala in an Indian village who wants to escape from her cruel marriage. The two ladies then endeavour to get what they want. Their journey is worth reading about as it is packed full of everything you want to read about the human condition.

Philips GC7635/30 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect Temperature, 240 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy!!!, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a new experience for me. I had seen these type of irons but wondered what they were like and reviewing this Philips PerfectCare Pure was an ideal opportunity to test one out. I placed the cartridge in the correct position to help remove any limescale deposits and filled the tank us with tap water. I plugged the iron in. The electrical flex is a very good length which is ideal as most people won't be able to put the tank on the ironing board stand. The water then feeds to the iron along a chunky cable. That is a little shorter but average length for an iron. The iron although looks small still has some weight.

I tested the iron on four garments and I used the trigger which is the underside of the handle and it let out a good jet of steam and steamed my glasses up temporarily. (this stopped after a short while). I could press more to get a more prolonged gust of steam. I was pleasantly surprised to note that the steam really did the job and I didn't have to keep going over the same area time after time. I like the fact that you don't adjust any temperature settings for different fabrics as the steam does all of the work for you. It is also OK to place the iron on the board and it doesn't scorch as it's the steam that creates the heat. You cannot place the iron upended on the board as you would conventional iron, although you can hold in that position when steaming things such as dresses and irons. The garments look well pressed and were don't in half the time.

All-in-all I am very impressed and I doubt that anyone using it would fail to be either. It does get hot and I am surprised when people say it doesn't and clearly ironed very creased cotton items.

Scholl Active Sports Gel Insoles for Women
Scholl Active Sports Gel Insoles for Women

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like these. I'm not sporty but I do have very sore burning feet and so I have to go for comfort all of the time. These rubberised insoles were easy to trim to the right size using the guidelines and then place into the shoe or boot. They feel very comfortable on and have a good amount of give. I like the shapes heel and instep support.

I shall swap them now and again in different footwear to see how they feel. I shall get some more as they have a nice feel.

Philips HP6392/00 Precision Body Hair Trimmer
Philips HP6392/00 Precision Body Hair Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact and convenient, 15 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little gadget and one I think many people would find really useful, especially if you are out and about on your travels. I like the fact that it is roughly the size and shape of a mascara so would sit happily in any make-up bag. It take an AAA battery (which comes with it), it's easy to put it in by screwing off the base of the barrel.

The trimming blade is simple and neat and I practiced on my leg hair and it came off cleanly. You can use it on your face/eyebrows, legs, feet, pubic area and underarm...in fact anywhere really. It feels pretty safe and simple to use and is great to trim at the last minute and whilst on the move.

I would definitely take this on breaks and holidays (with a spare battery) as it's nice yo use than an electric shave or wet razor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20