Profile for P Campbell > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise 1038 Hobby 53EL Kit
Tacwise 1038 Hobby 53EL Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good item and one that is going to be very useful., 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had a few Tacwise staple products and have been pretty pleased with them. I think they are more geared to the occasional DIY'er and hobbyist and not professional trades as I think they wouldn't be too robust as there is a a lot of plastic in their construction. That being said I think they are good value for the money and this electric stapler is no exception. I have never used an electric one before, so I was a little bit apprehensive about using it!

As it turned out there was no problem and once I loaded the appropriate sized staples for the task in hand (repairing a tear in at the underside of my sofa), I was able to fire the staples in without too much hassle. When I finished I made sure that I pressed the button above the trigger to make sure that it didn't fire accidently. I then loaded up the small brads/nails to mend a small area on a sideboard that was coming adrift at the base. I like the fact that I couldn't see where I has put them. Great result.

I am pretty sure that this will get used a lot and we have some more jobs lined up over the next few days.

Braun ThermoScan-5 IRT6020 Ear Thermometer
Braun ThermoScan-5 IRT6020 Ear Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very clean and quick to use and beats mercury thermometers hands down.

Braun offer a hospital-style alternative which is probably more accurate than the traditional thermometers that I am used to.

The handheld device holds two AA batteries and once the on button is pressed it is ready to go. Just place a cover-cap for hygiene purposes on the end of the nozzle and place into the entrance of the ear canal and press the thermometer signed button and the appliance takes the temperature and emits a beep. The display window shows the temperature recorded. You can store the last recorded reading for reference. The nozzle once ready is warm and this is supposed to give a more accurate reading. It's easy to do when with children as it's quick and simple.

Very pleased indeed and a nice addition to the medical cabinet.

Leitz WOW 1005 180 Degree A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue
Leitz WOW 1005 180 Degree A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Brightly coloured and very useful, 21 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good strong coated-card lever arch file. Nice crisp lever mechanism for loose pages or plastic sleeved paperwork to be filed. I like the range of colours that you can get it in. I've only ever used plastic ones before. Hoping this will do the job as I was in need of another file with so much paperwork everywhere to be sorted out. Would have liked to seen metal corners to protect it, but it will be nice to see how durable it is compared to the plastic ones.

On the whole very pleased with it.

Finding Vivian Maier [DVD]
Finding Vivian Maier [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Maloof

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching., 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: Finding Vivian Maier [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An amazing film about the 'hidden' photography of Vivian Maier, a nanny/housekeeper who kept many secrets including thousands of amazing photographs and film footage of street scenes and people that she took. Her work was discovered by a young historian. John Maloof, who became intrigued by her work after successfully bidding for a box of her negatives at an auction and thus began the journey to find out who the photographer was, acquire more of her work and explore her life, through her family, employers, the children she looked after right through until her death.

Her work is quite amazing as she showed none of her images to anyone and yet she captured images of people on the streets in America and many other countries. She took photographs from the 1950's to the 1990's of street people, in often sad, poignant or humorous situations; like the grimy street kids, alcoholics, eccentrics and people in strange, funny or tragic situations. Each photograph tells a story or remains mysterious.

In fact Vivian was a mystery in herself, although American born she spoke in an affected French accent (her mother was French), she became a different person to each of the people she met and worked for; sometimes wanting to be called 'Viv' or not that, but 'Vivian'. She called herself Smith, Mayer, Maier or Maer. She was either good with the children or brusque and cruel. She would frogmarch them out on a pretext of going for a walk when she really wanted to just take photographs with her Rolleiflex camera which seemed to be permanently hanging around her neck. Her background was unknown to many people and she liked to be secretive about her life. It was sensed by some that she must have had some trauma in her past as her family seemed insular and mysterious, too.

Her work is now famous thanks to Maloof who has staged retrospective shows of her photographs all over the world. He has continued to get all of her many rolls of film developed and printed. But her own story is just as intriguing as the photographs if not more so.

Thomas & Friends Motion Control Thomas
Thomas & Friends Motion Control Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars A hoot to play with; great fun., 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mattel has done it again what a fabulous looking and working toy! Any Thomas fan will love this one and it's a really good size and certainly very different. He already has the 4x AA batteries inserted him, so away he goes and there's an on/off switch underneath to save battery use. Simple to use with two play settings, 'race mode' and 'Thomas says' mode. It is certainly educational as your child learns to follow instructions.

Well tied into the packaging, as soon as I unleashed him he was off. Really good voices giving guidance and instructions and perfect engine sound-effects. You use your hand or the plastic paddle to direct and steer him in the direction of your choice or which way he wishes to be steered, depending on the mode play.

Three generations of our family played with him aged 80, 54 and 3 and all loved Thomas.

Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 200 ml
Murad Age Reform AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 200 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but overpriced for me., 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I often use exfoliators/scrubs from high street chemists and this one came up so I grabbed one. It comes in a nice size tube so plenty of applications, as you only use it sparingly twice a week. It's something that would usually be out of my price-range but I was keen to try it compared to the usual ones I buy.

So far so good as it hasn't irritated my skin or made it sore. The micro-particles in it remove dead skin and other debris and it's working so far as my skin feels nice and smooth afterwards. You dampen your skin then apply a small blob and work over the skin of the face and neck avoiding the delicate skin around the eye area. Make sure you rinse off well with water and you it's easy to do as you can feel any gritty areas you may have missed.

Works well, but is it any better than other makes I have tried and the answer is probably not.

Vax Air Pet U88-AM-Pe Upright Vacuum
Vax Air Pet U88-AM-Pe Upright Vacuum

3.0 out of 5 stars Great suction but not that easy to use., 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wanted a vacuum cleaner I could keep downstairs and use my cylinder vacuum upstairs. This Vax is easy to assemble and the suction is really good. Make sure you set it to carpets when you're vacuuming carpets and leave it as it is if on hard floors. As it's an upright the suction is noticeably better and it lifted the pile beautifully. It's actually super strong and it can make it hard to manoeuvre if you aren't very robust.

When I wanted to use the tools supplied I then removed the vacuum handle which becomes an extension tube. The overall hose length isn't tremendous so if you want to do the stairs then the reach isn't that good. The power cable is also a little short and I had to use a socket in mid-room. I got a bit frustrated trying to use the tools, so gave up. I will use my cylinder vacuum for the sofas, room corners and stairs etc.

Emptying was tricky and messy as the fluff and dust gathers around the filters and even after one short vacuum I had the mucky task of unclogging the vents/filters. But having said that it was good to see how much muck and dust it cleaned up.

One the whole I am impressed with the amount of fluff and dust is picked up compared to others vacuums. Marks down for lack of hose length in cleaning some areas, the electric flex isn't that long, and the messy emptying.

Monster High Casta Witch
Monster High Casta Witch
Offered by Fun Collectables

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and designed., 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Monster High Casta Witch (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A scarily beautiful doll perfect for Halloween. Love them or loathe them these Monster High dolls are so well designed and made and have a huge cult following. Casta Witch is bright green well modelled with vibrant clothing and a spooky purple broom. I love her clumpy purple boots and sparkly dress. Her make-up and clothing are certainly original!

Complete with stand and accessories to go.

Rapoo 9060 Wireless Keyboard with Mouse - Black
Rapoo 9060 Wireless Keyboard with Mouse - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very neat and easy to use., 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was pleasantly surprised with this keyboard and mouse, as for one I have never heard of Rapoo before and secondly I've only used a wireless mouse on my laptop.

Minimal packaging and just a plug-in receiver for the wireless technology and that was all that was needed. The batteries are pre-installed and just the simple removal of the plastic tape makes the connections active.

Firstly for my desktop I have never used wireless before with it and as I only use my desktop when printing items off etc, I thought it was a good idea to get a smaller neater keyboard so that it doesn't look so obtrusive. This keyboard is compact and very light and the keys are a joy to use and not as clunky as my wired one. The mouse sits neats in the hand and away you go. I like the two switches to turn on or off underneath each item to save on the batteries.

This keyboard and optical mouse combo has a two year warranty and boasts a long battery life. It is suitable for use with Windows XP/ Vista/ /7 USB port, Mac OS X10.4 or later, USB port. Everything is there!

Hufa the Original Lens Cap Clip
Hufa the Original Lens Cap Clip
Offered by carmcameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 13 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little clip does the trick. If you're like me as I grab my camera to take some shots I sling the lens cap down and promptly cannot find it later on. With this clip I can slide the lens cap into it and know it's safe for when I next need to find it.

Pleased and a great little stocking filler too, for any pro or amateur photographer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20