Profile for hisdark > Reviews

A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes
by George R. R. Martin
Price: 45.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Mar 2013
I haven't read all the books yet, but already I know that this is going to be absolutely amazing.

From the first few pages you get hooked, and the story and character development keep you guessing the whole time, but the actions of the characters are always believable.

It's a nice box that it comes in, mine was slightly damaged in the corners and along one edge, but nothing major. The map that comes with it is really cool, but because it was folded in the box it doesn't hang on the wall as flat as I'd like.

If you do get this, just a word of warning: George RR Marting has a habit of killing of the main characters!

Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)
Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment
Price: 13.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Fun, 24 Dec 2012
I've always liked the Forza series, so I was really excited when they announced their open-world game, Forza Horizon. And I have to say, it doesn't disappoint. The graphics are awesome, the physics, as we have grown to expect from the Forza series, are awesome, and the variety of cars on offer, while not as extensive as Forza 4, is great.

I do, however, have a couple of minor issues. The first is the game world seems a little dead. Sure, there are cars driving round, but there are no people. No-one is walking around on the pavements. Also, unlike other open-world games like Test Drive Unlimited 2, you are limited, with very little exception, to the roads. There is no possibility to go driving round the countryside off-road. And finally, the map just seems a bit too small, but I guess that's a sacrifice made for the beautiful graphics.

It's a great game, but don't expect it to be flawless.