Profile for Annabelle Worthy > Reviews

Content by Annabelle Worthy

Annabelle Worthy

Paranoid: Black Days with Sabbath & Other Horror Stories - The Unexpurgated Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Could NOT stop reading, 24 Jun 2014
My boyfriend had a copy of this years ago and I read it then when there was nothing else to reda in the flat. I thought it was probably about Black Sabbath - well, duh! Instead it was one of the best books I'd ever read. I used to reread it every year or so. Then I split from my boyufriend and with him went the book. DSo when I saw this I thought £2.49 - fantastic. I hadn't realsied it was the writers unexpurgated version, meaning its twice as good. Amazing amazing book. Never been aniother rock book like it.

Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe
Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe
by Mick Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars black xmas, 18 Dec 2013
bought it a few weeks ago for my husband when it came out and read it after reading Mick Walls Lou Reed book because that was so good. I liked Reed more because I know about him. Never really knew about Sabbath except Ozzy and Paranoid but wow my mind was blown. Talks about the music really well but it's the incredible people that really knock you out. Sjharon, Tony, Ozzy, Bill, Geezer, even Randy Rhoads who I'd never heard of but now wish I had. Brillaint.

Lou Reed: The Life
Lou Reed: The Life
by Mick Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars Monumental achievement, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lou Reed: The Life (Hardcover)
The reviews of this book that lambast it for being written quickly totally miss the point. This is the most immersive experience I have had redaing a book since I last read someone like Burroughs - or any of the other people Mick Wall points out Lou Reed took inspiration from. I alreday know a great deal of the Reed/Velverts story, or I wouldn't have bought the book at the weekend. But this is SO much better than any other obit or tirbute I've read or seen since his death. Compared to that BBC4 thing on last night this is a masterpiece. Don't be taken in by the haters. This is a wonderfully written beautiful book about Lou Reed by a writer that clearly knows his stuff. And then some. Great subject great writing.