Profile for madame_real > Reviews

Content by madame_real

"madame_real"

Mushrooms and Mankind: The Impact of Mushrooms on Human Consciousness and Religion
by Arthur James

5.0 out of 5 stars I shake my head in disbelief at the previous review, 5 April 2004
Where do i begin?
In a nutshell, this book is a stunningly amazing take on how the religions of the world are based around one mushroom and it has drastically changed my outlook on life.
The cover's appearance is misleading: it looks like some cheap student's manual justifying drug (mis)use. HOWEVER this is far from the truth! Although it claims this mushroom could be the means of discovering our own existence, it doesn't encourage you to go out and try it in a hurry!
It is a deeply intriguing historical study, and an intelligently well written and highly captivating piece. I could not put this book down!!
It takes your "grey matter", in the words of the one before me (whos matter is evidently extrememly grey), shakes it around and flings it back into you in a way that makes you say, "Hmm, I never thought of things that way before...!"
Consequently, even if you don't believe what James Arthur has put to you, this book leaves you not only with an open mind, but with a desperate need to feed it with more and more and more.
Never stop questioning!