Profile for Andrew > Reviews

Andrew

Page: 1 | 2
Shade's Children
Shade's Children

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book and the people in it, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Shade's Children (Kindle Edition)
Not what I was expecting. Very different and dark tale. I really enjoyed this book and the people in it. The core premise of this post apocalyptic future combines a sort of Logan's Run with some very different themes. Scary

Anker PowerCore+ mini (3350mAh Premium Aluminum Portable Charger) Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver when you need it, 17 April 2015
A great little gadget. Seems to hold the charge for a very long time. On long journeys when you've forgotten or been unable to charge your phone completely and it's running out this is a lifesaver. Charged our phones up very quickly and to full charge for the Samsung S4.

The Murder Bag (DC Max Wolfe)
The Murder Bag (DC Max Wolfe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 17 April 2015
My first Tony Parsons book and I'm looking forward to many more. A gripping and interesting read.

OXO Good Grips Flexible Vegetable Brush
OXO Good Grips Flexible Vegetable Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect veggie brush, 17 April 2015
As a vegetable brush I find it perfect. The rounded, soft rubber base is easy to grip firmly. The bristles are still all straight after many uses (my old wooden one got splayed bristles after a while). It cleans up easily in the dishwasher. The grip doesn't 'soften' the way my old wooden one did after many washes. Size is great for fitting comfortably into my hand and it feels like a top quality, long lasting product.

Fusion Brands Poachpod and Lifter
Fusion Brands Poachpod and Lifter

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Fusion Brands Poachpod and Lifter
Was just OK, don't think I'll use them often though. The lifter did work but water kept spilling over the eggs, cleaning was not as easy as I expected and the whole process was just harder work than I wanted.

Daddy
Daddy
by Rupert Fawcett

5.0 out of 5 stars Lol! So true, so funny!!, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Daddy (Paperback)
Love it! This book tells it like it is for male parents! The frustrations, the joys, the tiny little victories that you learn to savour (getting the right colour sweetie left over). Absolutely hilarious, the wife and I often flip through this and laugh. I was thinking about one of the cartoons ('Where geets daddy?') the other day as my little one did something quite similar. And as every parent knows, yes, the weight of the nappy is definitely a big topic of conversation. A very funny man.

Key Words: 1a Play with us
Key Words: 1a Play with us
by W. Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on first textbook, 17 April 2015
I learned to read using these ones and will be using for my current baby. I know it's not fashionable and people find all sorts of things to say about the old Ladybird series being not politically correct these days but the whole point of them for me is to teach people to read and they do that very well.Basic introduction to words in context with sufficient repetition to drum it in. Kids love being able to read these independently. A nice small size and a sturdy cover.

Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
by Dr. Seuss
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic and brilliant to build love of reading, 17 April 2015
I have good memories of this as a child, used it for my first daughter now 16 and have a copy for my current baby daughter ready to go. Suess's books foster a love of reading. The text is spot on and the alliterations make them very memorable. 'Kick a kettle, kite and a king's kerchoo!' sticks in my mind as one example. Great stuff.

The Name of the Sword, Book 4 of The Gods Within
The Name of the Sword, Book 4 of The Gods Within

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conclusion to a very enjoyable series, 17 April 2015
I'm a big fan of this series of books. I found them to have a bit of a different take/flavour on the usual swords and sorcery genre with some interesting premises. You do get interested in the characters as people, disappointed by some of the failings and pleased when they act the way you think best so the characters do pull you in. A whole imaginative world framework as well and I like his mythology. I won't spoil it but I also enjoyed the ending of this.

A4 Mailing Address Printer Labels Sheet 2 Labels Per Sheet 100 Sheets 1 Box
A4 Mailing Address Printer Labels Sheet 2 Labels Per Sheet 100 Sheets 1 Box
Offered by PolyPostalBags

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic combination of quality and value, 17 April 2015
These stickers were so cheap compared to the premium branded ones I was a little wary. Excellent though. The premium ones were actually a bit thick (backing and label combined) for my printer and after a few sheets I would get toner smudges. Not the case with these ones, they just went through time after time with no toner spots, smudges or printer jams. I'll be back for more of the same when I run out.

Page: 1 | 2