Profile for Neil > Reviews

Content by Neil

Neil

Page: 1 | 2
Betron DC950 Headphones Earphones, Noise Isolating, Bass Driven, High Definition In Ear Canal, Tangle free, Replaceable Earbuds for or iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorites.. though a bit 'heavy' for running.., 9 April 2015
edit.. As the cable is tangle free (flat, wide cable) they're a bit heavier than my previous ones and I don't rate them as being good for running. Cable is a bit too long to comfortably plug into phone on my arm..

They've replaced my old set of Sony headphones** as my new favorite headphones.. (**which were that good I eventually bought 3 pairs, which was difficult as time went by).
I've never been a fan of these ridiculous dustbin lids that people wear for show and a set of light in-ear headphones has been my personal choice. Great for running (and also for voice conferences with the responsive mic)..
Couple of minor points; a slightly smaller set of rubber inserts would be good (do people really have ears that big - for the largest size) and different cable lengths (for L+R) would mean they could rest on the back of the neck.

SanDisk SDCZ43-064G-G46 Ultra Fit USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 130 MB/s - 64 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 22 Mar. 2015
Very fast but very small and easy to lose.
I keep mine in my laptop so no problems there.

SanDisk SDSSDXPS-480G-G25 Extreme PRO SSD Sata III 2.5-inch Internal up to 550 MB/s Read - 480 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great..., 22 Mar. 2015
So good I want another one (for free please)!!

Andrew James Glass and Stainless Steel Infusion Teapot - 750 ml - Includes 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, 22 Mar. 2015
Not sure about this.. Looks nice but is too small and pours pretty poorly.. Wife not too pleased.

Dunlop Acifort Warwick Full Safety Welly Size 11 Black/Red
Dunlop Acifort Warwick Full Safety Welly Size 11 Black/Red
Offered by ABMultiproducts ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A welly.., 22 Mar. 2015
Its rubbery and looks like a welly...
Would recommend..

Q Garden QGBV2500 Leaf Blower Vacuum - Green/ Black
Q Garden QGBV2500 Leaf Blower Vacuum - Green/ Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply superb!!!, 22 Mar. 2015
Fantastic.. Much better than the model that my neighbour lent me to try. It's light & surprisingly powerful and made easy work or the leaves in my back garden; which is great as I have grown to despise the green/brown little fluttering gits.
Can't comment on durability yet as only used it today...

ASUS DSL-AC68U AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL 2+ Gigabit Modem Router (USB 3.0 for Media Server, Annex A/B/J/M)

3.0 out of 5 stars An excellent router - with some issues.., 13 Jan. 2015
Ok. With a stable connection, it would be more of a 4.5 - unfortunately, there are too many disconnects.
I've moved to this router from a Draytek 2830vn and the features with this are much better; yes, it's a lot newer.
I initially had some issues (you'll probably read a lot about them) with DSL stability. I upgraded the firmware to the newest version as soon as it arrived but I've continued to have issues with disconnects - though it is better than it once was..
The primary reason I went for this router was Wifi - as in wireless ac. My previous router was Wireless N and with that I occasionally got 120mb/s. With my new router (ac) I get 700-800 mb/s.. It's ridiculous, pretty much Gigabit speeds..
Secondly, this router has a USB 3.0 port. I have an external hard drive plugged in and it's streaming my music, movies etc where I want them.. I will say that the port seems active a lot more than I want it (I have reported this - I want to be able to control when it's on and off on a schedule) but it seems to work fine..
If the line stayed up and didn't disconnect as much, this would be a 5*.

Motorola MBP20 Digital Video Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP20 Digital Video Baby Monitor
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible battery life.., 17 Oct. 2013
These devices have terrible battery life - even when the screen is dimmed.
It takes ages to charge and is about as mobile as a television; basically you need to keep it plugged in.

We sent ours back..

Morphy Richards Accents 43832 Jug Kettle, Red
Morphy Richards Accents 43832 Jug Kettle, Red

1.0 out of 5 stars EASY LEAK FIX - EDIT.... Looks great but LEAKS around the plastic window., 15 May 2013
Easy fix for the leak.. See end of post for edit..

We've had the kettle for a while now and the kettle has started to leak around the plastic window.
This is apparently a pretty common complaint with Morphy Richards kettles and in my opinion is a pretty serious design flaw.
You should not come down in the morning to see a work-top covered in water from a leaking kettle.

Not recommended at all.. I don't think I will buy any kettle that has different types of material to hold the water. That's just asking for problems..

edit..
Fairly easy fix to repair the leak..
After a bit of research, I found a sealant that is both temperature resistant and safe in contact with food..
It costs about a fiver and works fine (amazon or ebay)...
Order a tube of "DOW CORNING 781 CLEAR ACETOXY SILICONE SEALANT" (you'll need an appropriate 'gun').
Good luck!

Transcend 8GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive
Transcend 8GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the slowest drive I've ever had - but not the fastest either., 10 Jan. 2013
Not sure about these USB Key drives (8Gb Transcend Jetflash 300). I purchased two for various 'projects'.

Write speed is about 5MB/sec (my hard disks are not a bottleneck).
Read speed isn't bad.. Roughly around the advertised speed of 20MB/s.

These are probably worth the money; but if you want faster performance, I would go for the Patriot XT line of USB drives (I use these as my main USB disk due to their speed - but they are slightly more expensive).

Page: 1 | 2