Profile for porticoseriman > Reviews

Content by porticoseriman

porticoseriman

6 x Clear Screen Protectors for Orange San Diego - Anti-Scratch LCD Guards / Display Savers
Offered by Membrane Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Too tight a fit, 19 Dec 2012
Unfortunately this cover is just too tight a fit, so if you're not millimetre perfect the first time you have to reposition it, by which time the static has attracted dust and you get bubbles. I gave up after failing with the first 4 covers. Just a tad smaller and I'm sure this would be a great product, but I couldn't use it.

The Hanging Shed (Douglas Brodie series)
The Hanging Shed (Douglas Brodie series)

2.0 out of 5 stars No grip, 11 Feb 2011
After reading so many good reviews of this book I was really disappointed. The plot it predictable, clichéd and has less twists and turns than a pool cue and the central character is totally implausible and is possibly the only un-predictable element of the book.
Whilst the scene-setting and historical elements in the book are good this is supposed to be a thriller, and it just isn't. Not gripping!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support, 28 Sep 2010
I'm not an expert in ankle supports, having only two ankles, and only one of them is dodgy, but I've found this Mueller support to be really effective. I've turned my left ankle a few times over the past few years so it's quite weak. Finally got round to thinking about getting a support and this one seemed to be good value for money, compared to significantly more expensive products that don't seem to do much more than this one does.

It's a very well made product that gives really good support without weighing much. I tend to forget I'm wearing it when I play football, although it can be a bit restricting when my foot is fully extended. It's also a lot more effective than any elastic support I've used and the metal strips have enough flex to not be overly restrictive.

All in all a very good product and very good value for money.

LUPO Tiny USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Dongle
LUPO Tiny USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Dongle

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat little adapter, 3 Sep 2010
This works, which is what really matters. I'd hoped to be able to leave it permanently connected to my laptop but it sticks out too far and tha casing got damaged, so don't use it this way. If you're ok taking it in and out each time then it's a good buy.

World of Data® - 1m HDMI to DVI Cable - Premium Quality / 1080p (Full HD) / v1.3 / Video / DVI-D (Dual Link) 24+1 Pins / 24k Gold Plated
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Vital kit for HD if your set lacks an HDMI socket, 3 Sep 2010
Revolutionised my movie-watching and gaming experience! Because my LCD TV is an early HD Ready set it doesn't have an HDMI socket, so I naturally thought I'd been ripped off and would have to lump it. Then discovered you can get full HD picture quality through the DVI socket so went for this cable and have been well pleased.
Of course it doesn't send audio signals so I had to buy some speakers, but we run DVD's and Blu-ray from a PS3 so got these fairly cheaply. If you haven't got this option then you might have to spend a bit more on suround sound speakers, but still much cheaper than a new TV!
Very good price too.

Sony SRST10PCB.CE7 Travel 0.5W Laptop Speaker (Black)
Sony SRST10PCB.CE7 Travel 0.5W Laptop Speaker (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid little speaker, 3 Sep 2010
This is a great value product that fits it purpose well. It's loud and clear enough for things like watching a dvd in the car and listening to music in the office and has a solid casing so doesn't have much vibration. Good value and fit for use.

Pride Pts 53mm Wooden Tees - 120Pk
Pride Pts 53mm Wooden Tees - 120Pk
Offered by Golf Clothing Direct Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Consistency in everything..., 3 Sep 2010
Like many others I'm an "improving golfer" with a fair amount of inproving yet to do. I'm also normally pretty cynical about all the high-tech junk that's marketed to golfers. At the end of the day the game is about hitting a ball over there with a club, so keep it simple.
Something that has made a big difference to my game recently though has been a focus on being more consistent in everything, including the kit I use. I used to use any old lake-balls and the cheapest multi-coloured tees I could get hold of. Whilst this probably didn't make much "real" difference to my shots it did mean that there was always an element of uncertainty about the ball height and how it might behave on impact. And for all golfers it's the time you spend over-thinking the shot that invariably sends the ball out of bounds.
So the simple marker on these tees, allowing you to easily tee-up the ball at exactly the same height every time, removes one of the many uncertainties involved in playing a shot. This is one less thing to think about or to doubt, so is worth bothering with.
A good buy and a good price.

Copper Slug Tape Multibuy 3 x 4m rolls
Copper Slug Tape Multibuy 3 x 4m rolls
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Hardened east London snails go straight through this stuff..., 3 Sep 2010
There seem to be more snails than blades of grass in my east London garden, and certainly many time more than surviving plants. I've got young kids who eat anything that looks like it shouldn't be eaten, so I went for the copper tape option after seeing it used on gardeners world.
It seems to have protected about two thirds of my pots but the remainder still got ravaged. Whether it's the case that the plants in these pots smelt too tasty to resist or whether these were particularly determined Gastropodas I'll never know, but I can say that this isn't a totally effective method of plant protection.
One thing that did work really well though was putting plants on a table and then putting the copper tape around the legs. Not right for every situation but a useful way of protecting a lot of plants without using yards of this expensive tape.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2011 11:03 PM GMT

AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)
AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-sharp, 3 Sep 2010
This is a fantastic little knife sharpener. I've used a range of methods for sharpening knives over the years and have found this item to give the best edge, as well as being easy and convenient to use. It's compact and lightweight, and the sucker action that clamps it to the counter top works superbly, allowing you to keep the blade at the correct angle for optimim sharpening.
This sharpener really shaves the blade if you press hard, with metal shavings piling up on the blade, so be careful. If your blade is blunt to begin with though, this allows you to get it to a reasonable edge without re-grinding. However, once the blade is in a half decent state the manufacturer recommends a much lighter touch to get a truly sharp edge. And it works - 3-4 gentle sweeps and knives are kept super-sharp. Works brilliantly on high-carbon blades too.
All in all a really cleverly designed knife sharpener and fantastic value too. Highly recommended.