Profile for Sean Missin > Reviews

Content by Sean Missin

Sean Missin

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Car Charger UK Seller (Samsung Galaxy Y W S S2 Ace Plus)
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Its simple cheap and effective, 27 July 2013
It works and is a cost effective charger that does exactly what it says it will do on the tin.

Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro
Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A guide of what life is like in a pro cycling team., 27 July 2013
Charly's book gives you a clear understanding of what's it like to ride as a domestique for a pro team. He conveys the frustration of getting contracts and the high demands of team leaders/directors.

I liked the book but wanted more of it. I felt just as it got going it came to an end.

Mama Nature of London ProSkin Rosacea Natural Skin Cream 100ml
Mama Nature of London ProSkin Rosacea Natural Skin Cream 100ml
Price: 33.45

5.0 out of 5 stars This product actually works, 27 July 2013
I noticed the marks on my face (acne rocacea) faded after using this product. You have to use it for a few weeks but it had made my marks fade.

They have not gone completely but are less intense.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 11:30 AM BST

Climb Like A Pro! Your Essential Training Guide To Cycling Hills FASTER: Be fit, fast & FIRST and feel TERRIFIC for it! (Includes 10 Supercharged Hill Climbing Workouts)
Price: 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cycling Hill Climbing Training Guide, 11 July 2013
This book is a well written training book that will appeal to all levels of cyclists who are looking to improve their hill climbing.

The advice is simple to understand and yet at the same time very comprehensive. Rebecca's writing style provides interest and humour and provides good advice/expert guidance on each element that lead to improvements in your performance.

Fitness, Techniques, training sessions, Equipment, Pyschology, Diet and Weight are all covered. In each section there are many tips and hints that are practical and very useful.

I finished this book two days ago and started the training sessions about 7 days ago and so it is early days but I can confirm that the sessions and recovery times stated are accurately described and I believe that I will see improvements.

I am re-reading this book because I enjoyed it and finally I just wanted to confirm that I learnt a lot and I am actively trying the tips out. Recommended to anyone who rides a bike.

The Curse of the Rainbow Jersey: Cycling's Most Infamous Superstition
The Curse of the Rainbow Jersey: Cycling's Most Infamous Superstition
Price: 4.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book that is entertaining, 9 July 2013
This book looks at stories of those who have won the rainbow jersey and then suffered poor luck.

The stories were gripping and entertaining whilst also converying some of the hardships of being a professional cyclist. I would definately recommend to fellow cyclists.

As the book points out though, professional cycling is a risky sport and luck has run out for many not just the rainbow jersey!

Thule FreeRide 532 Twin Pack Roof Mounted Bicycle Carrier
Thule FreeRide 532 Twin Pack Roof Mounted Bicycle Carrier
Price: 79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong, sturdy Roof Mount System, 13 Jun 2013
I originally bought some 539's (the g grip type of thule cycle holder) but the units were well worn and had some play even after tightning and replacement of some parts, so I bought 2 of these racks as a replacement. Whilst it could be argued that you need to move the bike fore and aft on the rack and are not as quick as the 539 I believe that the design is better for bikes with external cables and carbon bikes in a number of respects. For example, the two arms mean that if the unit were to come loose it would still hold the bike in position, the design is unlikely to rub the rubber holder against the gear cables on a bike and so are unlikely to mark the frame, on my carbon (im paronoid about over tighting) the way the frame is gripped means it doesn't have to be super tight.

Overall after a couple of goes, its easy to use, very very stable and is unlikely to mark or damage my bike frames. I have transported only racers on these racks.

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 14 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book and hope that Dave writes another one soon as I found it entertaining. I am a cyclist and I really understood it.

Lanced: The Shaming of Lance Armstrong
Lanced: The Shaming of Lance Armstrong
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book about Lance and Doping, 14 May 2013
I have read a number of books about doping and also Lance and David has written a number of books on the subject. David is a good researcher and writer and provides detailed information in a logical and sensible manner. Overall a very good read.

From Lance to Landis: Inside the American Doping Controversy at the Tour de France
Price: 7.12

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 14 May 2013
I enjoyed this book but read it after seven deadly sins. Because of that the information is comparable and if you had read seven deadly sins you will find much of this informaiton repeated.

However it is a good read in inself and worth reading.

Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Deadly Sins

5.0 out of 5 stars A good investigative book, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Seven Deadly Sins (Kindle Edition)
This is a very good book, its well researched and gives a detailed account of the background to Lance and doping.

I was a fan of Lances during the noughties but Davids account makes it clear that I had just bought into the persona and image. I remember seeing a video of the 1993 worlds where Lance in good form was rode well and I couldn't help thinking it was such a shame that a rider with so much talent and promise chose to pursue the path he did.

David's book is consistent with other sources that I have read and that I don't have a reason to doubt the information. The information is presented clearly and well written.

Page: 1 | 2