Profile for fruitybeetle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Intex 6ft x 20in Easy Set Swimming Pool #28101
Intex 6ft x 20in Easy Set Swimming Pool #28101

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on a slope!, 8 Jun 2014
I bought this to replace a similar size circular pool with 'rigid' sides. This design is much better.

Although the instructions stress putting it on a level surface only, this does an admirable job on a slope, unlike its predecessor.

If you fill it so that the water on the deepest side is up to the inflated ring around the top, the shallower side naturally crumples down, so the ring finds the same level as the water.

Watching the kids get in and out, there was far less loss of water than the previous pool: the ring around the top rises back up if stepped on and keeps everything contained.

The instructions also say to use a pump to inflate the ring. I managed it by squeezing the valve and using my own puff.

TUFFskinz iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium Quality Screen Protectors : Anti Glare Matte edition Anti finger print (2 in Pack - Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to fault, 29 Sep 2013
I've just changed the screen protector that I put on my iPhone 5 when I first bought it roughly a year ago. Nothing wrong with it but it had a few marks.

I can't remember the brand of the one I've replaced. It's really subtle but this one feels less smooth/glassy when sliding my thumb across the screen. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The little cloth was great for cleaning the old glue off and polishing the screen. There's no need to sweat it with applying the protector as you can remove and replace if it isn't quite square on when you start. I also found it very easy to apply it bubble-free.

My screen now looks as new. This product deserves the high ratings it has.

Mini Microphone Mike & Speaker for Apple iPod Nano 4G & iPod Classic 120GB + iPhone + iPod Touch 2G  to record lectures & meetings + convert an iPod Touch into a Skype Phone
Mini Microphone Mike & Speaker for Apple iPod Nano 4G & iPod Classic 120GB + iPhone + iPod Touch 2G to record lectures & meetings + convert an iPod Touch into a Skype Phone

1.0 out of 5 stars Quieter than the iPhone's built-in speaker, 6 Aug 2013
As a speaker, the sound from this is significantly quieter than the internal speaker on the iPhone itself. When I requested a refund, they immediately sent a replacement instead, stating that it must be "faulty".

The replacement was exactly the same. I don't think they are faulty as such; just really poor quality. I didn't test it as a microphone, but I wouldn't have much faith in that either.

Anker® Astro2 8400mAh Dual USB Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank Pack with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, MOTO X, G, and most other USB-charged devices (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included)

5.0 out of 5 stars My iPhone's Glasto companion, 10 May 2013
I'm lucky enough to be going to Glastonbury this year and know that my iPhone 5, like all smartphones, won't last anywhere near the five day duration without a few charges. I don't want to be frequenting the orange tent every day, so bought this.

I've tested it and I'm confident this will keep me going throughout the whole festival. I don't feel like I will need to limit my use of the phone and should be able to take photographs and upload stuff as much as I want.

It's a convenient size; not too heavy in my opinion and delivers what it promises. Should serve me well at the festival and any other camping ventures we do this summer - allowing me to look up guitar tabs and chords aplenty using my apps for campfire song requests. Sweet. ;-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 10:51 AM BST

Lifeventure Thermal Mug - Pink
Lifeventure Thermal Mug - Pink
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors

2.0 out of 5 stars Flask without an integrated cup, 29 Dec 2012
The way this is sold, it sounds like you can truly drink while travelling, eg on foot or on the train.

I bought this for my wife with that intention. Unfortunately, to drink from it you have to remove the top completely. There's no way to sip your drink.

Have now bought her a different brand which does just that: it has different settings with the lid allowing you to sip your hot drink as you are travelling.

This is no more than a flask without an integrated cup on the top.

CloudNine Neuropad Simplicity *Now with Dual Cameras* 8GB 7" inch Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU (up to 1.5GHz maximum)Processor Android 4.0.3 (Latest Ice Cream Sandwich OS) Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi MID Epad Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook

1.0 out of 5 stars The touchscreen makes this unusable, 28 Dec 2012
At best, the touchscreen on this is temperamental; at worse, it is totally unresponsive to the touch.

The battery life is appalling. There is little scope to use this without it being plugged into the mains, rendering it useless for taking out. The power cable is quite short too, so even home use is a pain.

It is slow and often freezes up/ crashes. There's no option but to spend a little more I would say.

Update: contacted seller to try and resolve. No reply. Avoid.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 1:37 PM BST

Eye Massager
Eye Massager

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Eye Massager (Toy)
This things clanks and rattles around on your face like a pneumatic drill. Not relaxing at all. Only buy as a joke gift.

Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace Onyx Black
Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace Onyx Black
Offered by Blue Thirteen

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this unreliable, slow, wannabee, 18 Sep 2012
As an entry-level smartphone, you still get LESS than what you pay for with the Samsung Galaxy Ace.

When I first got it, I was delighted. Unfortunately, I grew to hate it due to a number of unforgivable problems.

The phone turns itself off randomly; an annoyingly intermittent problem that is hard to get the network provider to take seriously (Virgin Mobile).

So you go to use the phone, only then to realise it has turned itself off. When you turn it on, there are of course missed texts and calls. Also, it doesn't even remember the date and time, coming back on with a random setting. This needs to be reset manually. If you forget to do this, it messes up your texts, photos in the gallery - all sorts.

The phone freezes, like an old knackered computer, which it has done on several occasions whilst using it as a satnav! Not good. Only a battery pull will bring it back to life.

It has a VERY low internal memory. Yes, you can put a micro SD card in it (I have a 16 gig), BUT... what they don't tell you is that most apps will only install on the phone's memory, unless you get into some serious tinkering using some software on your computer. So forget loading up on your favourite apps - they won't fit.

This is a sloooooooow phone too.

The Galaxy Ace is what it is - an iphone copy (in looks), but if you read this and still chance it, don't say you weren't warned!

See here for more tales of woe: [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2012 7:54 PM BST

Bi-Office 1200 x 900mm Aluminium Framed Cork Board
Bi-Office 1200 x 900mm Aluminium Framed Cork Board

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 10 Aug 2012
Big corkboard which houses a large yearly wall calendar with plenty of room to spare. Needed to buy plasterboard fixtures for it, but goes up easy and looks smart on my office wall.

Frame Company Seymour Range White Picture Photo Frame with White Mount * Choice of Sizes*
Offered by Frame-Company

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor finishing, with a dangerous shard of glass too!, 10 July 2012
My original order was damaged before despatch. I only mention this here rather than on the seller feedback, because I needed to email and prompt the delivery of its replacement, and I feel like the product has been rushed through.

The finish is not good. The frame is nice and smooth on one edge, but "bobbly" all around the other three sides. The white look is done with an adhesive tape, and it's like it was not stuck on and smoothed down properly. It would look better if it was all consistently rough all the way round to be honest.

And worse of all, when I took the glass out to put the picture in - there was a tiny shard of broken glass in there! Small and sharp enough to get embedded in my finger if I hadn't seen it in time. Really disappointed with this.

Page: 1 | 2