Profile for fruitybeetle > Reviews

Content by fruitybeetle

fruitybeetle

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Frame Company Seymour Range White Picture Photo Frame with White Mount * Choice of Sizes*
Offered by Frame-Company
Price: 10.61

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor finishing, with a dangerous shard of glass too!, 10 July 2012
My original order was damaged before despatch. I only mention this here rather than on the seller feedback, because I needed to email and prompt the delivery of its replacement, and I feel like the product has been rushed through.

The finish is not good. The frame is nice and smooth on one edge, but "bobbly" all around the other three sides. The white look is done with an adhesive tape, and it's like it was not stuck on and smoothed down properly. It would look better if it was all consistently rough all the way round to be honest.

And worse of all, when I took the glass out to put the picture in - there was a tiny shard of broken glass in there! Small and sharp enough to get embedded in my finger if I hadn't seen it in time. Really disappointed with this.

6MM High Polish / Matte Finish Tungsten Ring, Bands Size O
6MM High Polish / Matte Finish Tungsten Ring, Bands Size O
Offered by Ultimate Metals Co.
Price: 299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ring for the anti-bling!, 4 July 2012
I've never worn a ring before and I'm not into the precious/ expensive metals just for the sake of it. So when I was looking for a band to be my wedding ring, my criteria was:

Not too flashy, but simple/ stylish and durable.

This ring fits the bill perfectly. I love the matte finish sandwiched between the polished bevel edge. Lots of people have complimented this ring, liking its unusual colour and elegance. I have to stop myself saying how much it cost!

I also received fantastic service from Ultimate Metals. After a short while of wearing it, I decided I needed a smaller size, so I ordered a smaller one straight away and contacted them about returning the original, which they were fine about. (It was in perfect mint condition of course.)

The ring is exactly as the pictures represent and also looks really cool with my similarly styled Fossil bracelet.

Lowepro Clips 110 Bag For Digital Camcorder - Black
Lowepro Clips 110 Bag For Digital Camcorder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 14 May 2012
I bought this to house my Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG20, plus accessories. This is a very small camcorder it is worth noting, and with everything in there, it is a nice and secure, snug fit.

This is all the stuff I have in the bag:

Sanyo camcorder
Battery charger
Shoulder strap
Three spare batteries
USB cable
Cables to connect to the TV
Spare SD card
SD card reader
Two USB memory sticks
All the manuals/ paperwork (slid behind the main compartment)

There are two pockets either end, plus one in the front, which in turn has a little pocket with flap - ideal for the spare batteries. The main compartment has a divider which is removable (velcro).

For this size of camcorder and all those accessories, you cannot go wrong with this bag.

Telescopic Apple Picker with Aluminium Pole
Telescopic Apple Picker with Aluminium Pole
Offered by Garden Selections
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite big enough for some of my apples, 10 Oct 2011
This is the first year I have managed to get a bumper crop from my apple trees thanks to this gizmo. Even with the telescopic handle I still can't reach the very top ones, so could do with extending a bit more. Also, some my apples, which are cookers, are huge and too big for the mouth of the picker. I end up stabbing into them, which spoils them unless they are prepared immediately.

SUNNY SAVERS SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830 BLACK SILICONE CASE COVER SKIN WITH FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 15 April 2011
This does what it needs to - provide a protective film over the screen. I've got air bubbles in three of the corners, which I can't get rid of. Makes no difference to the use of the phone and I'd rather the screen be protected.

SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830 PREMIUM PU LEATHER POCKET CASE / COVER / POUCH BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, stylish protection for my Galaxy Ace, 15 April 2011
Simple understated design. Snug fit (doesn't add unnecessary dimensions to the phone in my pocket). Love the pull-out cord: slides the phone out sufficiently to tap the side button and check the icons for messages/ notifications etc. without having to remove the entire handset. Magnetic clip works perfectly and helps make the handset feel secure in its protection.

Offered by KING OF FLASH
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered its promise for me, 15 April 2011
I bought this to access a 16GB micro SD card, for use in my Samsung Galaxy Ace. Works as expected - recognised by Windows straight away as a removable drive. Copied tons of music straight onto it. Popped the card back in my phone. Can't argue with that, especially for the chump change that it cost.

SanDisk SDSDQ-016G-FFP 16 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)
Price: 7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Just... works!, 15 April 2011
Slipped this into my new Samsung Galaxy Ace. Recognised and usable straight away. Slip it into USB card reader (also from Amazon). Put into the PC, click and drag loads of music onto it. Back in the phone. Now I've got my mp3 player as well. Plug the phone into my Altec Lansing speaker (also from Amazon)... there's my sound system on my desk at work. Top marks.

Links to the other products mentioned (recommended):

Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The way to shave from now on..., 21 Feb 2011
This is the easiest and most comfortable shave I have ever had. I bought the 100 Derby razors available from Amazon as well (5 of them are included with this), so I'm set up for years!

No more expensive cartridges, no more painful cheap cartridges, no more spending most of the shave getting the hairs out from between the multiple blades...!

It really is a pleasure to shave with this. Search for "The Shaving Conspiracy" by The Lazy Marketer. It's a blog post about something else really but says it all about sticking with the old school way of things sometimes... including razors.

Among My Swan
Among My Swan
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortlessly Inspirational Soundpieces, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: Among My Swan (Audio CD)
Mazzy Star layer each song's ingredients beautifully, topping each one off with Hope's sultry vocals. There's probably little I can add to the reviews already here to describe what it sounds like. Everyone's got it pretty spot on.

BTW, as well as Hope's solo efforts (also fantastic), she did vocal duty on two songs on Death In Vegas' "Scorpio Rising" album, one of which closes the record and is on a par with Mazzy Star's finest efforts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3