Profile for T. Searle > Reviews

Content by T. Searle
Top Reviewer Ranking: 557

T. Searle "FanTC" (UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Men's As-c2 Airsafe Formal Black Leather Kevlar (not Steel) Toe Cap Safety Boots
Price: £24.00 - £29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, All-Round Safety Boots, 21 April 2014
After reading many reviews on these boots, I asked several buyers about the sizing, but didn't get any replys :(
I 'Ummm'd' & 'Ahhh'd' for months about which size I should buy. I usually get a size 10 - however, the last safety shoes I got from work were a Dr. Martins & I had to get a size 11 for them to be comfy. I should point out at this stage that I suffer with quite bad bunions on both feet, & tight fitting footwear causes me a lot of pain when working in them all day.
Long story short - I bought the size 11, working on the theory that if they were too large, I could fit insoles. But if the 10's were too small, I would have to return them (making them quite expensive when the price of the return postage is added).
My reason for buying these boots are varied: I wanted a boot which I could use for work - "to withstand 200 joules of presure on the toe + mid-sole protection, & be of a legal requirement for work purposes (IE: EN345 standard). I also wanted something lightweight which I could use on my motorbike to give some sort of protection to my feet & ankles if anything happened. Plus, I can use these for my time with the Army Cadet Force (as they look similar to many other boots (IE: Magnum's)).
Now, onto the review...
They arrived in good time (only about a week to get here), & were packed in a proper box with all the labels, tags & instruction leaflet (As you would expect). I also ordered at the same time, these Rapid Entry Zips http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnum-rapid-entry-zipper-system-mens/dp/B002WI4FQI , which I fitted as soon as the boots arrived.
The boots were slightly too large, so I fitted some memory foam insoles, making them loose enough to be really comfortable, but not too loose as to cause blisters.
I have been wearing these for several weeks now, both at work & on my motorbike. They are really comfy to wear all day. They are also warmer than the Dr. Martin's Steel Toecap shoes issed to me by my employer. They obviously give much more ankle support than shoes. &, because I bought the Rapid Entry Zips, I can get my boots on & off in no time.

My final verdict:
These boots are really well made, really comfortable & conform to safety standards used in industry. They are also lightweight & warm. As for the sizing (which was my biggest issue), they seem to be quite generous. I would suggest that, if you don't have ridiculous growths sticking out from your bones (as I do), you may want to try your 'usual' size first.
If you have any questions on these boots, don't hesitate to contact me & I will be glad to help.

Coffee Direct Cafetiere Grind Hazelnut Coffee 454 g
Coffee Direct Cafetiere Grind Hazelnut Coffee 454 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Always looking for an unusual caffine fix..., 13 April 2014
Regular coffee drinkers will relate to my headline, just to find something different for that Sunday morning treat. That's exactly what I wanted this Hazelnut coffee for. I've tried so many blends from so many retailers that some are getting quite bland - therefore, I just wanted to 'pep-up' my weekend drink.
First of all, I must go into the price difference with this coffee. At the time of purchase & writing this review, the prices are as follows:
227g = £10.99 + £2.99 P&P
454g = £9.67 (reduced from £16.99) + FREE P&P
908g = £13.11 (reduced from £25.99) + FREE P&P

I went for the 454g pack, which seemed to be reasonable for a pack size which I could try before buying a larger bag.

The coffee arrived in good time, &, although this is not a fragile item, was well packaged.

OK, now for the flavour. Although this is not as strong as some ground coffee I have bought in the past, it still gives a lovely aroma around the kitchen & a nice flavour too. I have learnt to add an extra scoop or two to a caffitiere to give a full bodied flavour. The coffee is really nice & the extra Hazelnut give a lovely after taste.
When this runs out, I will probably go for the larger pack so that I'm not worried about running out if I put too much in.

All-in-all, I recommend this coffee, just bear in mind that you may need to use more than you would normally if you like to taste your coffee.

Set of 4 Compatible HP364XL With Chip Ink Cartridges - ONE SET
Set of 4 Compatible HP364XL With Chip Ink Cartridges - ONE SET
Offered by IATUK

5.0 out of 5 stars They work well, 16 Mar 2014
There are compatible cartridges & there are compatible cartridges. Some don't work at all, some work but you have to keep clicking the "Not Original Cartridge" button, & some just work like a HP cartridge.
These slot into about the middle of these catagories.
I fitted them to a HP B110 printer which I have access to & I found no problem. A message came up on the display screen on the printer to say they weren't HP carts. Then, when I started to print from my netbook, a message came up on the printer options to ask what I wanted to do (sort the problem or ignore & carry on), I chose the latter option & it just let me print as normal. This message only pops up on the first attempt at printing - from there on, it just prints as if I had originals fitted.
I feel that I can deal with clicking on one pop up per session, especially as the print quality is really good & the price (compared with HP cartridges) is very good.
So, great price, easy to fit, not really a hassle to use (if you don't mind a popup occassionally), & really good print quality.
I'm impressed :)

Mocha Orange Flavoured Decaffeinated Coffee (200g, Cafetiere)
Mocha Orange Flavoured Decaffeinated Coffee (200g, Cafetiere)
Offered by Fresco Coffee

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, 16 Mar 2014
I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets fed up with the same coffee all the time. I try to vary my coffees in various strengths, from different locations of the world, & a variety of flavours. I have tried Decaf, Full fat coffee, Vanilla, Hazelnut, so I wanted to try the Orange one.
On opening the bag, it smelt lovely, & I couldn't wait to taste it. I made it to my usual strength (3 rounded scoops to a 3 cup caffetiere). I have to say that it was very "wishy-washy" & barely tasted of coffee, let alone Mocha Orange.
The next pot I made a little stronger - being 3 heaped scoops in the same sized cafetiere. This was a little bit stronger, but not by much.
About a week later, I decided to make it stronger than I've made any coffee before, ever! 4 massive scoops in the same 3 cup cafetiere. The strength of the coffee was about right, but the flavour of the Mocha Orange was barely there.
On the plus side, it does smell of Mocha Orange, & there's even a slight orangey taste, but this is nowhere near the powerful mixture of coffee and orange that I was expecting. Also, having to use that much coffee per pot, it hasn't lasted very long, which makes it fairly expensive to use on a regular basis.
If you like your coffee fairly weak, & you have sensitive taste buds, this may appeal to you, but personally, I didn't think the strength of the coffee & the flavour of the mocha orange was enough.
However, try it for yourself & give us all your verdict.

BLACK REPLACEMENT CAR RADIO AERIAL MAST/WHIP FOR RENAULT CARS INC CLIO/MEGANE/LAGUNA
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Whip, 16 Mar 2014
This aerial is really easy to fit & works beautifully. It comes with 2 different double ended threaded bolts for different fitting types. 1 of them is the same diameter thread at both ends, while the other one is a larger diameter at one end than the other. So, whatever type of roof mount you have, this should fit easily.
Fitting is just a matter of screwing the bolt into the roof mount & threading the aerial to the other end of the bolt. Tighten it up hand tight, & that's it.
With all the vandalism going on these days, it's good to know that you can get a reasonably priced aerial replacement & fit it in minutes.

Cambridge Sciences StarPAD 4, 10.1-inch Tablet PC Quad Core CPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Android 4.4.2 (WiFi)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Slice of Awesomeness!, 15 Mar 2014
There are literally hundreds of fantastic reviews about this tablet on Amazon alone, & more brilliant reviews on other sites too. So, it's hard to ignore this tablet as a possible "Best Ever" tablet for anything & everything you want to do on a daily basis.
As with all my purchases, I researched (Amazon first), then researched further - wayed up the pro's & con's of my shortlist & finally clicked the BUY button. I must admit that I had doubts in the back of my mind that I was buying a 'non-branded' product that was fairly expensive - but all the reviewers can't be wrong, surely?
There are various options with the Cambridge Sciences StarPAD 3. However, the one which suited me best was the one without 3G, but with a Bluetooth keyboard attached. I have WiFi & the 10.1" screen, which seemed perfect for the work & pleasure reasons for this purchase.
Delivery was reasonably quick & the tablet was very well packaged. To be honest, when it came in the post, it was just like Christmas again!
The box contained a comprehensive amount of cables, adaptors & plugs to allow for many connection options, charging &, of course, using the device straight away.
Cables included: a long cable with micro USB plug to standard USB plug, a short cable with micro USB plug to standard USB socket (these 2 can be connected together to charge the keyboard or connect to another device with a micro USB socket). Also included is a mains power cable with a 2 pin plug (& a mains UK adaptor to get you charging imedeately). One point to note on the power plug - other reviewers have mentioned that the plug is delicate & shouldn't be treated roughly or the plug will snap off in the tablet. I haven't had any problems with this, & as far as I am concerned, if you know about this 'problem' you can use it accordingly. There's also a set of ear phones to listen to your music/movies in privicy. Both the micro USB cables & the headset are white (which makes them stand out from other cables & adaptors you may have, or buy in the future), & all have "Cambridge Sciences" stickers on them, which I thought was a nice touch.
I also purchased, from another vendor, a 32GB micro SD card (Class 10), so I could get plenty of stuff onboard to test the tablet to it's full potential.
The tablet itself is beautiful, a brushed satin silver metallic finish to both the tablet & keyboard. They both fit together perfectly, yet are simple to part & use. The top edge of the tablet (about 1" from the top) is a textured effect, white plastic part, which is easy to grip & looks professional. Apart from the headphone socket & charging port (which are at the top right corner), all other ports are neatly tucked away behind the flap on the right edge, which means that the SD card is out of sight, you don't have random ports on the edge of the device, & this makes the whole appearance look better. The keyboard has a pop-up stand for when you sit the tablet on it. This is simple to use & easy to stow away, yet very effective to work with when you use the keyboard as a 'laptop' type device. Charging of the keyboard is simplicity too, just charge it up from the tablet with the supplied cables. There are several YouTube videos on this & other features which are quite helpful.
OK, so you're wondering how this amazing tablet performs, aren't you?
Well, with it's Quad core CPU & Android 4.2.2, it whips up a frenzy of power. Very quick to boot up & runs (nearly) everything that I've thrown at it. I say 'nearly' everything because there are a few things which would make this a 10* tablet. For example, there is no digital compass built in. This isn't important to me, & it shouldn't be that important in a tablet anyway, just don't expect to use it as a SatNav or GPS. The speaker is set in the top/centre of the back of the device, so if you lay it down on something flat, the sound is muffled (but that's another advantage of the keyboard). The standard installed software is a bit random, but again, this isn't a problem because you're all going to install extra apps anyway. Neither of the above 'pedantic' things are enough to score this tablet any less than full marks.
As with all new devices (tablets, smart phones, laptops...) trial & error is the way to go. Everyone has theirs set up differently, with different apps & layouts, unique screens, etc. It's just fun setting this up how you want it, & so easy to add, remove, tweek, that it's more like a new toy than a working device.
The verdict: This is a top class tablet with fast boot, fast response & a crystal clear display. I have watched TV & movies, played games & music, run office apps (including formula calculating apps), worked with online apps & virus protection running in the background. There hasn't been a cough or hickup at all.
You don't need the latest 'Branded' device - You just NEED Cambridge Sciences!

MICRO USB DATA CABLE FOR BLACKBERRY SAMSUNG NOKIA HTC SONY ERICSSON
MICRO USB DATA CABLE FOR BLACKBERRY SAMSUNG NOKIA HTC SONY ERICSSON
Offered by iBox Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Data / Power cable, 14 Mar 2014
I own a HTC One phone & use it all the time, especially when away from home. I keep my normal charging cable at home, ready to charge my phone when I get in at night - but I don't want to carry the cable about with me all the time, (I don't have access to a mains supply anyway, so couldn't use it).
I bought this cable to keep in my car or bus (both have USB sockets), & I can charge my phone 'on-the-go'.
I have used the cable a few times so far & found that it is useful & reliable. It doesn't charge as fast as the mains cable I keep at home, but being USB, I wouldn't expect it to. The fact remains that it still charges - even if it just tops up the charge to halfway, this still ensures that my phone doesn't die half way through a conversation.
Being USB (A) at one end & USB (B) micro at the other end, there are endless uses for this cable, IE: as a data trasfer cable, a charging cable, even (with an adaptor cable) to connect 2 micro USB devices together.
This cable is 0.8 metres long, which is plenty for everyday use & will reach to most place I need it to. For less than a pound, this is an absolute bargain. For those who have had problems with it, your's is faulty - ask for a replacement or refund.

USB A 2.0 female to Micro USB B male Cable Adapter
USB A 2.0 female to Micro USB B male Cable Adapter
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Pay More?, 14 Mar 2014
This is a standard Micro USB (B) Male plug to a standard Female USB (A) socket. It is used to convert from the micro USB socket on your phone/tablet to a normal USB socket - where you can plug in a huge amount of different peripherals (flash drives, USB HDD's, other devices, etc...).
There is nothing complicated about it, just plug it into something & plug something else in the other end - that's it, you've got connectivity. Being only about 4" long, it's easy to store & easy to use. Because it's a cable type, you also have the option of moving what ever you have connected to an optimum position for ease of use.
I have plugged many drives in this & all connected beautifully. I have also used it to connect my tablet to my HTC phone & my ASUS Netbook with no errors.
This is a simple & effective adaptor with many applications. If you have a phone or tablet that you need to connect other peripherals to regularly, get this cable & keep it with you.

USB A 2.0 female to Micro USB B male Connector Adapter
USB A 2.0 female to Micro USB B male Connector Adapter
Offered by accevo lite

5.0 out of 5 stars Small & Compact Connector, 14 Mar 2014
This was bought to connect an array of USB Flash drives to my Cambridge Sciences Tablet. The tablet came with a short convertor cable, but I felt the need to buy a plug convertor too. The fact that this is a simple plug, with no trailing cables appealled to me because I didn't want any drive flapping around while I used my tablet, which are more of a portable device rather than a static PC.
To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much for a tiny adaptor at this price, & if it didn't work, I wasn't going to be too dissapointed. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it all worked perfectly. I have connected various devices to it & not had any problems. I have even used it to connect my HTC phone & my ASUS Netbook to my tablet & have had instant connectivity - which is impressive considering the price of this little gem.
To top things off, it arrived very quickly & was easy to open - so I could start using it as soon as the postman pushed it through my letterbox.
Simple but effective peice of kit at a bargain basement price - Highly recommended.

Corsodyl 500ml Daily Fresh Mint Alcohol Free Mouthwash
Corsodyl 500ml Daily Fresh Mint Alcohol Free Mouthwash
Offered by Express Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Just following orders..., 14 Mar 2014
Unfortunately, I have got to that stage in my life where I need to look after my gums. My dentist has been recommending this for a while now & I have been following orders. I usually buy it from the local chemist at extortionate prices, but this time I chose the more thrifty option of purchasing from Amazon.
As well as a great, refreshing mouthwash, Corsodyl also treats your gums. For those with weak gums, gum disease or any other gum related problem, this is clinically proven to be better than other mouthwashes. I have been using it for over a year now & find it to be really good. It doesn't clean your teeth like toothpaste does (obviously), but it certainly gets between the teeth & 'flushes' out bits that your toothbrush can't get to - as well as having that all important treatment for your gums at the same time.
The bonus is that you can save upto £1 compared with high street shops & discount Pharmacies. If you only buy 2 bottles per year, that's still a significant saving on just one item on your shopping list.
Great product at a great price :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16