Profile for Chantelle > Reviews

Cordless Fabric Wool Shaver, Bobble, Lint Remover
Cordless Fabric Wool Shaver, Bobble, Lint Remover
Offered by gl UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Better off with one from John Lewis, 3 Feb. 2014
I bought this after I broke or lost (not sure which) the one my cousin got me from John Lewis which was miles better & even now only costs £8. Steer clear & just spend the extra £2.01 for one from John Lewis as it actually works.

New Large Ottoman Foldaway Storage Blanket Toy Box Bench Faux Leather Black 76x38cms
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Feb. 2014
Extremely happy with this, so much so I'm considering a 2nd one.
I currently keep shoes (converse/flats/trainers) in this one. That includes half a dozen converse boxes which separates my ballet flats from my trainers.....So definitely good storage.

New Ottoman Foldaway Storage Blanket Toy Box Faux Leather Black
New Ottoman Foldaway Storage Blanket Toy Box Faux Leather Black
Offered by san direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Storage, 2 Feb. 2014
I'm only giving this 3 stars as I bought it to match a 2 seater one I already own, which it doesn't.
The image isn't clear but it has stitching in the shape of a cross on the cushion - the one I already own is completely plain no additional stitching & the leather look texture is also different.
I have kept it as I actually need it, can't be bothered to return it & aside from the aesthetics it actually does what it's supposed to.
It's just annoying that it doesn't match the one I already own.
Postage is prompt - it was received within 3 days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 10:38 AM GMT

Silver Viscount 2001 Sewing Machine
Silver Viscount 2001 Sewing Machine
Offered by I Want Fabric

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - Never Had a Problem, 2 Feb. 2014
I've had my machine for 4 years now. I didn't get it from Amazon but after seeing the current review on it thought I'd say something!

So as it says it has 19 stitch patterns which is great if you're just starting out or have some experience as it will be awhile before you feel you need to replace it (if at all). I'm currently making a skirt & I'll then be moving onto a cape. If you want to make things like clothing, cushion covers or scented sachets (which I do) or small light projects it's a good machine. Most things I make require a simple straight stitch so 19 is truly ample!
I had to request an instruction manual direct from the company as for some reason I didn't get one, but they email it with no charge if you find yourself with that problem.
Since my initial purchase I've bought additional feet (hemmer, overcasting & blind hem) as well, again with no issues (direct from the company).
The accessories are all located in the removal case attached to the free arm.

In the four years I've had it it hasn't seen constant, heavy use - maybe a few weeks throughout the year. Mainly repairs, the sachets & other little projects, but it hasn't broken down once - and I have yet to oil it! I have started a clothes making course which means it will be getting more regular use as I rebuild & expand my skills. At no point have I regretted my purchase. HTH