Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "richy_i_hughes"

Audi A4 A6 A8 S4 S6 S8 Hubcap Wheel Center Caps 4B0601165A 4B0 601 165 A (Set of 4 pieces)
Offered by Car Parts Direct (VAT REGISTERED)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, 22 Jan 2014
I have an Audi A6 (Model Year 2000). I checked the part numbers on the old scruffy wheels caps I was replacing to make sure that these were suitable replacements. The products themselves look ok but.........

They don't fit.

On comparison with the originals the tangs on the new ones aren't as thick as the originals and therefore don't click in to place securely in the hole in the middle of the wheel.

Sending back for a refund

Update:

Organised for a refund but then discovered I would have to pay the postage to send them back to Hong Kong so I didn't bother, lesson learned.

Triumph Around the World
Triumph Around the World
by Robbie Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper warts and all account of travelling the world, 2 Nov 2005
I have to say I enjoyed this book tremendously. I actually read the book a few years ago now but I was talking to someone about Ewan McGregors recent trip and it struck me how something that on the surface was a similar trip could be so poles apart (excuse the pun). With Mr McGregor it was all GPS and support trucks done with full financial backing done , presumably, between film projects. Robbie, on the other hand did it all himself, bought a bike, jacked his job in and went a did something he needed to do for himself. I didnt mind his longing for home and his partner..it seemed from the heart..it showed a human, vunerable side that gets glossed over in some many bravado pumped books of this type. The book is written in a fast paced, honest and straightforward narrative that doesnt get bogged down in unnecessary detail and its a book that a non motorcyclist could read and enjoy. Above all its a story about having the guts to realise a dream...warts and all.
I met Robbie once..at the NEC bike show when he was promoting his book after returning from his trip. He really was 9 and half stone ringing wet and his choice of bike, a big heavy Triumph really wasnt the ideal machine to use for the trip. It makes his accomplishment the more remarkable.
Unfortunately Robbie isnt with us anymore, and the world is a poorer place for the loss of characters like him.
RIP Robbie