Profile for pha > Reviews

Stuffed Vine Leaves Saved My Life
by Nadia Sawalha
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars DELIGHTFUL STORIES AND DELICIOUS RECIPES, 12 Aug 2014
This was borrowed from the library and is a delightful read and has delicious recipes in so had to purchase. Excellent.

Volvo V70 and S80 Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 1998 to 2005 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by Martynn Randall

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Aug 2014
Very happy with manual purchased for a C70.

The Other Boleyn Girl [DVD] [2003]
The Other Boleyn Girl [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Natascha McElhone
Price: 4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Boleyn survivor, 15 April 2014
I love Philippa Gregory and so much enjoyed this book. So many history books make Mary Boleyn out to be a dolt and easy meat. I do not believe she was such a fool having read this and anyway all of her books take you right into the period as if you are there and you see actions from a different perspective. Mary Boleyn survived, many other of her scheming family did not.

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel
Price: 3.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Hilary I just dont like your writing style, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
Thomas Cromwell, I know less about him than when I started and her style of writing is extremely difficult to relax and enjoy. Both books, this one and Bring up the Bodies show what a monster Henry VIII became and TC enable it, apart from that it is very boring sadly.

Bring Up the Bodies
Bring Up the Bodies
by Hilary Mantel
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Thomas Cromwell, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Bring Up the Bodies (Paperback)
I really wanted to enjoy this book and learn about the Tudors under Cromwell but I just don't like the way she writes, I kept getting confused about who was speaking and it made it such hard work as I so enjoy a good read. After Wolf Hall I thought I had got to grips, even though I didn't enjoy it, perhaps too intellectual for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 1:23 PM BST

Christmas Angel [DVD]
Christmas Angel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mel Smith
Price: 7.66

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Christmas Angel [DVD] (DVD)
The cast list on the front was irrisistable and I was very much looking forward to a good watch especially snow and Christmas, should have wondered why I hadn't heard of it before. It is extremely boring, apart from Timothy Spall and Celia Imrie, but they are only on screen for a very short time, cannot recommend at all

Anna Sui Flight of Fancy Eau de Toilette Spray 75ml
Anna Sui Flight of Fancy Eau de Toilette Spray 75ml
Offered by BeautyCareUK
Price: 26.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely light fragrance, 15 April 2014
Lovely floral fragrance which is wearable anytime, subtle yet stunning fragrance, I thought it very good value for 75ml, excellent.

The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Fast Show
Price: 13.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Show, 15 April 2014
Lovely for a rainy afternoon when you want cheering up even though we have seen it on the tv before it is worth watching again.

Pineapple Dance Studios: Fabulous Highlights [DVD]
Pineapple Dance Studios: Fabulous Highlights [DVD]
Dvd ~ Louie Spence
Price: 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love all the weird people!, 15 April 2014
So sorry not to be able to purchase the whole series just these highlights. Excellent entertainment, especially lovely Louis Spence.

Precision Talking Watch Black Leather Watch
Precision Talking Watch Black Leather Watch
Offered by Talking Watch Shop
Price: 29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Talking watch, 15 April 2014
The watch works as it says, easy to read and hear the time, it is a shame when it talks on the hour it cannot it silenced for night times so I have to put it in the naughty drawer. It did take over a week to arrive which for a very small package seems a long time and also it was outside of its presentation box which could have given rise to damage which was rather strange. Overall I am very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4