Profile for Ms. D. McCafferty > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. McCafferty

Ms. D. McCafferty "Debbie. x" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches
Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches
by Maki Ogawa

4.0 out of 5 stars looks fun, 2 April 2014
I love looking through this book. The ideas are amazing. We have yet to actually make any of them, but that is because my son is at the awkward stage of beginning to care what the other school kids are saying about his wacky lunches.
The recipies look easy enough, well written and portions sizes seem good.

Hamburger Shape Plastic Bento Lunch Box w Fork & Spoon
Hamburger Shape Plastic Bento Lunch Box w Fork & Spoon
Offered by GNWE

5.0 out of 5 stars munch munch, 2 April 2014
we do bento type lunches and have for years, this has been our funest lunch box. in the hamburger the space is very small so i put flat type treats in here, like the animal shaped biscuits with chocolate on one side, or slices of cucumber on some tissue to stop the juice leaking. in the bottom bun fits a small roll perfectly, it has also housed pasta/salad/fruit salad. the lettuce section i put anything that has a wrapper, or not likely to fall off when opened by a child.
it is not leak proof and sometimes the clips are tricky for small ones to match up.

Dragon Story
Dragon Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamigotchi of the day, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Dragon Story (App)
7 year old has been playing this for around 2 years now, he is understanding that he needs to grow the food to be able to feed the dragons, he now has many versions of these games but this i the one he always comes back to.

Pou
Pou

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Pou (App)
My 7 year old likes this, as does my nearly 2 year old nephew. Its easy enough for him to play ball with and help clean Pou, he likes to put him to sleep and awake him. getting points to buy food is easy.

Sing to the Moon
Sing to the Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Sing to the Moon (MP3 Download)
I bought this for Sing to the Moon. I assumed the rest of the album would be similar, boy was i wrong!
This is an amazing album with great melodies adn brilliant lyrics. Our favorite is 'Thats alright'. Great wee catchy song.

The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)
The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 year olds fav song, 2 April 2014
This is my 7 year old sons fav song. It drivs me up the wall but you cant help singing along too.

Music From The Motion Picture Cadillac Records
Music From The Motion Picture Cadillac Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wee listen, 2 April 2014
Good wee album to go with the movie, would have liked it if it had the original artists versions too. but easy to listen too

Lumie Bodyclock ACTIVE 250 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Extra Audio Options
Lumie Bodyclock ACTIVE 250 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Extra Audio Options

5.0 out of 5 stars great night light/alarm clock, 2 April 2014
I bought this when Amazon was doing its U.K. version of Black Friday and it has been in use every day since then. It is easy enough to set up, can change the alarm time/sound/light duration easily every night if you need to.

The light can get very bright at the end of its wake up time, their have been mornings when i am awake as it is just starting it cycle a whole half hour before the time i have set it for as i am getting used to being up at that time.

It is a very bright reading lamp for us at night time that i have set to slowly dim down. I can and have stayed up reading til 5/6 in the morning in the past, now i let myself get sleepy with the light dimming.

The sounds are ok too, nothing to shout about but not horrible either. I have not attempted to use the built in radio yet, and dont really see myself using this feature, but that is just my preference not to use. (my cat likes the birds, my son likes the waves, we change them around every now and then). First time using it was set on the beeps and at the loudest setting I think i awoke the whole street that morning!

My only gripe that i have had with this, is sometimes when putting on as the night light, it has dimmed to blackness within 10mins, and 10 mins is not on the options. Only way to override this, is to unplug from the mains and replug and all is as before.

Before we had this, I used to set 4 alarms to make sure i was up out of bed, we used to be running late every day, their would be a lot of frustrations for getting ready for school/work, since getting this, we have more calmer mornings, we have been late twice - due to traffic, and i even have time to do the dishes or put a washing on before we leave!
I am still known for being late for everything, but now not for work or school!

All in all i would recommend this to others and when on sale again, I will be buying one for my son.

Twas the Night before Christmas A Visit from St. Nicholas
Twas the Night before Christmas A Visit from St. Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars Old are the best., 17 Nov. 2013
The old stories are always, still the best. And the little background on the author was a really nice touch

The Legacy (The Declaration Book 3)
The Legacy (The Declaration Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good., 14 Nov. 2013
I liked this, but it is not as great as the other 2 in the trilogy. Does give an ending to the Anna and Peter storyline and possible opening for another book.

Page: 1 | 2