Profile for ThellDoctor > Reviews

Content by ThellDoctor

ThellDoctor

Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (PS4/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/Xbox One)
Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (PS4/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/Xbox One)
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 31 Jan 2013
Thought I'd wait a couple months after buying it to decide to write a review, so I could get a good feel for how it is.

I had previously owned a Hauppauge, and was extremely happy with that product. The reason I got rid of it was because I was moving and getting married, and I wasn't sure how much time I would have to record gameplay.

After things settled down, I felt the itch to get back into making videos, and needing something to get started. After reading some iffy reviews, I decided to take a chance when it went on sale for a nice price (40 - 50 less than its competition).

The setup is very straight forward. I have both an Xbox and a PS3, and I am able to have both plugged in (PS3 with component, Xbox with HDMI)

The capture software is easy to use. I've had a couple of captures fail on me, but it isn't very often. I had an issue where the preview screen wasn't displaying properly. That was fixed by resetting my video card setting to default, and everything has run smooth since that.

While the editing software that comes with it isn't the best out there, it does the job and will give you a chance to post good quality videos without breaking your wallet.

All in all, very happy with this purchase. The only one I'm even tempted to switch to is the Elgato, but that is only so that if I'm not recording something, I can go back and capture it. That's more of a software thing rather than a capture card thing though.