Profile for Katrina James > Reviews

Content by Katrina James

Katrina James "Bookworm" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
ColourFX Wicked White Intense Colour Hair Spray - 75ml
ColourFX Wicked White Intense Colour Hair Spray - 75ml
Offered by Christies Direct Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage, 25 Oct. 2012
I have fairly long, very dark brown hair. I tied it up for a party and this covered it well, I would have got two tins to cover it if it was down. The coverage is good and the white is a true white colour. I find putting a small spray of sticky hairspray under these colours helps them to last the course of a night.

Verso Kindle Cover, Prologue Antique, Red  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation), Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]
Verso Kindle Cover, Prologue Antique, Red [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation), Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 25 Oct. 2012
I have another Verso case, and pleased with the quality and look, I bought this one for a friend. I do really like the deep red colour, and the quality seems consistent across the range, however the gold stars on the spine make this one look a bit cheap. I would have preferred it without that detail, but then that is subjective. The cover does what it is supposed to do in protecting the Kindle well, and holding it firmly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 5:14 PM GMT

Northanger Abbey
Northanger Abbey

4.0 out of 5 stars Another view of Bath, 25 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Northanger Abbey (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story because of Austen's portrayal of Bath. I am not a huge Austen fan - I like the stories and can appreciate them, but can't really fall for her characters, but maybe I lack romance! However, if you're going to read this, then also read Persuasion, which I feel is better.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Austen, 14 Oct. 2012
I read this as a young teenager, loved it and fell in love with Mr Darcy along with every other girl in the world. I have just re-read it as a 28 year old, loved it just as much and fell for Mr Darcy all over again. Lovely story of personalities and romance, with strong characters and a wealth of imagery. My favourite Jane Austen book by far.

How To Be a Woman
How To Be a Woman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining and thoughtful, 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: How To Be a Woman (Kindle Edition)
I would never normally pick up a book with this title, but was recommended it by a friend who usually has good taste. I am glad I read it - whether you agree with everything Caitlin has to say is not important - the way she shares stories of her teenage years and young adulthood should be read by every woman growing up. This is a very honest account of how all women feel the same awkward and hilarious thoughts over the years, but don't dare to discuss them with each other. A very entertaining read, and some well thought out points on feminism and the role of women in society. Definitely recommend.

Great Expectations
Great Expectations

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 14 Oct. 2012
A classic story we all know well, but I've only just read this unabridged version right through and have really enjoyed it. You can't help but fall for Pip and I've now built my own ideas of Miss Havisham separate to the TV programes and films over the years. Not my favourite Dickens, but certainly among the best!

A Tale of Two Cities
A Tale of Two Cities

4.0 out of 5 stars Found this the hardest Dickens to tackle!, 14 Oct. 2012
I've been working through Dickens over the last couple of months, but this is the first I found really hard to get into. I didn't find the story as engaging as the others I have read, and it was only really very near the end that I really started to enjoy it. I would say not the best place to start if you're new to reading Dickens, but certainly worth the effort if you're keen to read them all!

Persuasion
Persuasion

5.0 out of 5 stars Another view of Bath!, 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Kindle Edition)
Finally got around to reading this as living in Bath I really thought I should! Interesting alternative view of the city, and great to picture the streets I know very well as they were in Austen's time. The story is typical Austen - girl meets boy, will she get him, won't she get him, miscommunication on both sides, of course she gets him and they all live happily ever after. That said, as with all other Austen books its a nice happy easy read and a classic insight to life at that time.

600 Hours of Edward
600 Hours of Edward

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 14 Oct. 2012
I enjoyed this on holiday, although sometimes the repetition (necessary for the story as it is about a man who relies on routine) left me feeling a little bored and skipping forward. That said I'll probably read the sequel once it is available. An insight to living with Asperger's syndrome.

The House at Riverton
The House at Riverton

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 14 Oct. 2012
Really enjoyed this on holiday - it is a nice easy read which maintains the mystery until the end. Also a nice long book, so lots to get into. Especially interesting as I knew of some of the places mentioned from Cornwall, so bought the story alive for me. Would recommend for a holiday book, Kindle version very readable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13