Profile for Mrs Dawn Wesselby-Hughes > Reviews

Content by Mrs Dawn Wesse...

Mrs Dawn Wesselby-Hughes

Page: 1 | 2
JTC Omniblend V 2 Litre BPA FREE Commercial Power Blender (Onyx - black)
JTC Omniblend V 2 Litre BPA FREE Commercial Power Blender (Onyx - black)
Offered by Health Angels
Price: 255.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy fast food, 12 Jun 2014
If it is possible to be in love with an inanimate object then this is it. I don't really like cooking and am not a gadget person as a rule but had heard about Vitamix from a friend but thought it was too expensive. Having bought this at a trade show as a 'poor man's Vitamix' I can only say I am very pleased with my investment. I often get home late in the evening and I can throw a few veg and a bit of stock in the blender, by the time I've got changed I've got piping hot soup in c6mins - less time than it takes to cook a pizza and far healthier. No going to bed on a heavy meal or eating rubbish food because its quick. It makes it so simple to eat healthier (smoothies, juices, soups etc) and takes so little time. Even cleaning it takes seconds. I am in love with my Omniblend!!

Everyone's Mandala Colouring Book: v. 1 (Everyone's Mandala Coloring Book)
Everyone's Mandala Colouring Book: v. 1 (Everyone's Mandala Coloring Book)
by Monique Mandali
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to share, 12 Jan 2014
This is a brilliant book of black and white pictures that you can colour in as part of a meditation practice. I also mailed Monique to ask if I could copy them and use with my classes and she kindly agreed provided I gave her credit for her work. (I know a couple of students went on to purchase this or one of her other books). As adults we often forget to make time to be creative and this is a simple way of reconnecting with our inner child. Ideal for those who feel they are 'not creative or cannot draw' and a useful practice for bringing the mind to stillness. I have a couple of her other Mandala colouring books which are just as lovely.

Desire: The Tantric Path to Awakening
Desire: The Tantric Path to Awakening
by Daniel Odier
Price: 11.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 12 Jan 2014
With the obsession in the west of tantra being all about sex (sadly), this book helps to address that notion and illustrates that many of the books about Tantra that focus on sex are selling the practice short. (A bit like a yoga class that focuses solely on the asana and not the more subtle practices and therefore the 'juice' of the practice). I found this a delight to read and it made a refreshing change to have a broader view of the practice that the usual 'pop culture' attitude towards tantra. It has been very useful in reflecting on my desires and aversions and thus deepening my understanding and personal practice.

Kirtan
Kirtan
by Jai Uttal
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 17.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing voice, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kirtan (Audio CD)
Jai Uttal has a deep mellow resonance that touches my heart whenever I hear him sing these devotional songs. He also explains a little about what kirtan/devotional singing is about and how he was drawn to it. A wonderful album.

The Mahabharata (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Mahabharata (Penguin Modern Classics)
by R. K. Narayan
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 12 Jan 2014
A very much abridged version of the original book, this is essential reading for anyone who wants to know a bit of the background of the lead up to the Bhagavad Gita but doesn't want to study the full text. Entertaining in itself as a story, but also gives some insight to the personalities of the characters in the Gita.

Kundalini Yoga (Whole Way Library)
Kundalini Yoga (Whole Way Library)
by Shakta Kaur Khalsa

5.0 out of 5 stars A good basic text for anyone interested in finding out more about this practice, 12 Jan 2014
Whilst I would always recommend finding a yoga teacher rather than trying to learn from a book, this text has some useful practices and meditations that could support your weekly classes. A good all round book for this style of yoga.

Water [DVD]
Water [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lisa Ray
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional and moving, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Water [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this movie several times now and each time it reveals a nuance that I have missed. To be praised for the cinematography but even more important are the issues it brings to light around how widows are viewed, treated and exploited in India. I don't often cry at films but even having seen this several times, I still find myself weeping at the end.

Motel of the Mysteries
Motel of the Mysteries
by David Macaulay
Price: 7.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing look at modern interpretation of historical events, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Motel of the Mysteries (Paperback)
As I tutor I use this book regularly with my classes to illustrate how, when we look at history, we can never know the facts for certain as we can only make assumptions based on our current knowledge. This humourous book shows how easy it could be to misinterpret historical findings to make them fit our current way of thinking or meet a personal agenda. As the saying goes 'history is written by the survivors/victors' so the 'truth' may not be all it seems.

Anand
Anand
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 8.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Anand (Audio CD)
Snatam Kaur has one of the most soulful voices I have heard and this album continues her legacy of beautiful devotional songs. From the gentle, calm rhythm of Jap Man Sat Nam to the more upbeat Paramaysareh, this is an album I listen to again and again.

Shanti
Shanti
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Shanti (Audio CD)
Snatam Kaur never disappoints. A soulful and spiritual album which is ideal for your yoga practice, includes some more uptempo songs for practices involving breath of fire as well as more gentle and meditative tunes.

Page: 1 | 2