Profile for Renita > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
SCROLL: Keepers of Genesis II
SCROLL: Keepers of Genesis II

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 27 July 2015
I was absolutely blown away by this author's debut, SEED, which is the first book in this series. So I picked this up with trepidation, although I desperately wanted to read it, as I had been absorbed by the world the author has created with her first book. I was nervous because this book might fall short of the first. But I worried needlessly. This book is even better than the first! There are all the elements I fell in love with when I read SEED: adventure, humour, romance, intrigue. The writing is beautiful, the pace doesn't lag, the characters are so very real. Reading this book is a sensory experience. You feel you are experiencing the action along with the characters. I wanted to keep turning the pages and yet, I did not want this masterpiece to end. What an amazing tale! Wonderful. Cannot wait for the next.

What's Eating Me
What's Eating Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous, 23 July 2015
This review is from: What's Eating Me (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely adored this fabulous book. Elaine's writing is amazing, the characters jump off the page and take residence in your head. When I was not reading this book, I was thinking about it. Very topical and with a strong message, this is a book everyone should read. Loved. Did not want it to end. The only consolation now That it's done is that she's written more. Off to get her next one.

When We Were Sisters
When We Were Sisters

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written debut, 18 July 2015
Loved this wonderfully written, sensitively portrayed tale of two women and the past that tore them apart.

Baby Please Don't Go: A Novel
Baby Please Don't Go: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 16 July 2015
I absolutely LOVED this book. Couldn't put it down. It thrills, terrifies and delivers on every page. What a rollercoaster ride of a story. Original, compelling, brilliant. Highly recommended.

Housebroken
Housebroken

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 July 2015
This review is from: Housebroken (Kindle Edition)
Loved this amazing book. Could not put it down. A page turning, addictive, action packed thriller, this book burrows into your imagination, takes it captive. I could see events as they unfolded, participate in the horror. I was taken captive along with the Crochet family and felt every emotion personally. Scary, terrifying, chilling , amazing. This is so much more than just a story, it is an experience. Loved it, although I emerged more than a little shaky at the end. Please read this. A wonderful book.

Age of Anxiety: Coming of age in post-colonial India
Age of Anxiety: Coming of age in post-colonial India

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 July 2015
I loved this book. Beautifully written, sensitively handled, sprinkled with wit, this was a warm and thought-provoking coming of age tale, wonderfully told. Loved every word and would recommend it to everyone. Amazing. I cannot wait for more by this wonderful author.

A Year in the Life of a Playground Mother: A laugh-out-loud funny novel about life at the School Gates (A School Gates Comedy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 9 July 2015
Loved this beautiful, warm, funny and very relatable read. Hilarious, brilliant and enjoyable, I raced through this wonderful book. Loved it and am recommending it to everyone. Will definitely be reading more from this author. Hard to believe it is her debut.

Secrets of the Last Nazi: A mindblowing conspiracy thriller (Myles Munro action thriller series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Accomplished and amazing!, 9 July 2015
A fabulous thriller that puts Dan Brown to shame, this wonderfully researched, amazing tale has you double guessing what you know, turning what you've always believed on its head. Brilliant and fast paced, I could not put this book down. An accomplished and assured debut that takes everything you have believed and turns it on its head, this is a book that will stay with me for a while. I'll definitely be recommending it to everyone. Myles Munro is a compelling hero and I for one can't wait for the next Myles Munro tale.

Summer Flings and Dancing Dreams: A hilariously funny, uplifting romantic comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 July 2015
Sue Watson does it again! A beautiful, feel-good, heartfelt read that had me laughing out loud and falling in love with her amazing characters who are all so very real and relatable. Loved this wonderful story and did not want it to end. I will be reading all of Sue Watson's wonderful books again as they are so much more than just stories: they make readers feel alive,feel good about themselves, they urge us to appreciate and enjoy life. I, for one, cannot wait for this amazing and incredibly talented author's next book.

The Secret Daughter: A beautiful novel of adoption, heartbreak and a mother's love

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 18 Jun. 2015
A lovely story about motherhood and the sacrifices and the choices we make or in Lilly’s case, are forced into, in life. Sad, heartbreaking and heartwarming. Beautiful and uplifting. Loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6