Profile for Damien Tinker > Reviews

Content by Damien Tinker

Damien Tinker "kerfuffle666" (UK)

The Fruit Machine [VHS) (1987]
The Fruit Machine [VHS) (1987]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars A bloody good film, 1 July 2004
I auditioned for this flick back in 1987, along with Tony Forsyth - we were both at the same Youth Theatre. When it came out I loved it straight away....
Admittedly I am a fan of gritty Northern dramas, but this is watchable time after time. Pre-Cracker Coltrane in a frock, camping it up to the hilt as a seedy gay club supremo is a priceless character. Not to mention Emile Charles as the sensitive, effeminite foil for Tony Forsyth's macho scally.
If this comes out on DVD I'll buy it instantly, but if that's not important to you grab a copy. You'll wear it out before you're tired of it....

The Naked Civil Servant [DVD] [1975]
The Naked Civil Servant [DVD] [1975]
Dvd ~ John Hurt
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Camp as Chistmas, 17 Sep 2002
John Hurt isn't the star of this show - the story is. As much as I admire the British film industry and its fabulous wealth of character actors/actresses, this is one script that makes its own stars.
Naturally, John Hurt plays a blinder and maybe I couldn't imagine anybody else finishing off the part as he does. But the Q Crisp one-liners and humorous put downs would have been funny even if Prince Edward had grabbed it with his clumsy paws.
I won't spoil the finished article by quoting the best bits - watch it and I promise you won't be disappointed, it's a real classic.