Profile for Mr. Graham Hort > Reviews

Content by Mr. Graham Hort

Mr. Graham Hort "Alf" (Plymouth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
8 Classic Albums
8 Classic Albums
Offered by produXa UK

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who want early BB, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: 8 Classic Albums (Audio CD)
These are great albums. The recording is not as sophisticated as modern recordings but the music is of the highest order.

Airwaves - Live at the BBC - The John Peel Sessions 1970-1971
Airwaves - Live at the BBC - The John Peel Sessions 1970-1971

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 6 Jun. 2014
I first saw Curved Air as support to Lifetime in the George's Hall, Liverpool. They were so popular that come encore's they had run out of music. I think I heard 4 versions of Vivaldi.
This CD brought back all of these memories. An excellent band with wonderfully gifted musicians. Sonja's voice is perfect for these tunes.

Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine
Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine

5.0 out of 5 stars This was my first introduction to The Doors, 6 Jun. 2014
I had it on cassette and always associate it with my rainy journeys from Liverpool to visit my girlfriend in Scarborough. A great girl and a great album.

Two Heads Are Better Than One
Two Heads Are Better Than One

5.0 out of 5 stars I have always been a fan of Graham Bond and Pete Brown., 28 Mar. 2014
Neighbour, Neighbour is one of my favourite songs. Again a great album that I, unfortunately missed when it first came out. The tunes have dated in some places but I love the quality of singing and musicianship. The titles are weird but doesn't seem to be influenced by the occult.
It would probably suit fans of both of these guys. As I am I think it is an excellent buy.

Til Your River Runs Dry
Til Your River Runs Dry

5.0 out of 5 stars Eric Burdon's Voice, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Til Your River Runs Dry (Audio CD)
His voice has not aged at all. It is just as gravely now as it was on Live at Klooks Kleek through to Before we were so rudely interrupted.
I have always loved listening to him sing, although San Franciscan Nights might have been a bit too far out. This album has an amazing selection of tunes that give him his full range without shouting. He has again collected a great bunch of musicians. If you love blues, good singing or just Eric Burdon, this is a must.

Performance: Rockin' The Filmore - The Complete Recordings
Performance: Rockin' The Filmore - The Complete Recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the original album., 24 Feb. 2014
I have always been a fan of Stevie Marriot.(I remember ice skating to Tin Soldier). I always feel his loss was a great tragedy but he left us a great legacy of music. Listening to these 4 albums I think they did pick out the best versions for the original album but it is really great to hear different versions of the songs we know so well. I play one album a day. It's like being at different concerts in my own home. A great addition to my collection. It really is a gas.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 9:50 PM BST

Junction Seven
Junction Seven

5.0 out of 5 stars How the young musical genious has grown., 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Junction Seven (Audio CD)
I completely missed this when it came out. It is not one of his best albums but I have yet to come across any of his that I did not like. This is typical Stevie, lovely voice, excellent tunes, wonderful musicianship.

Streets And Walkways:: Best Of Gary Moore & Colosseum II.
Streets And Walkways:: Best Of Gary Moore & Colosseum II.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary Moore knew how to play, 24 Feb. 2014
Although I was disappointed in the 2 live performances that I saw of his, I have always admired his song writing, singing and playing. His heavy metal period left me cold but all the stuff with Phil Lynott and on his own was of the highest order. I am a great fan of the original Colosseum and never really took to the second version. There is no doubt that his playing was amazing though. (I am listening to Electric Savage as I type this).
For those who didn't buy the period covered by this album I think this a bargain and a great way to be introduced to him as a serious player.

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds: JEFF WAYNE'S MUSICAL VERSION OF
Offered by the_record_factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 13 Jan. 2014
The quality of the music and the service was excellent. Again the shock we had when we first heard Richard Burton is still fresh in my mind

Little Red Rooster
Little Red Rooster

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did Mick Taylor not reach the heights, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Little Red Rooster (Audio CD)
He was stunning with John Mayall, THE musician with the Stones and worked with most of the greats. I now have this and A Stones Throw. Both fantastic albums and his singing is really good. He should have achieved more and everyone should buy both albums.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6