Profile for L. S. C. Ltd > Reviews

Content by L. S. C. Ltd

L. S. C. Ltd "Nick" (Yorkshire, UK)

Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time: 20 Inspiring Tales of Entrepreneurs Who Changed the Way We Live and Do Business
by Forbes Magazine Staff

3.0 out of 5 stars Update, 29 July 2013
Just to update an earlier (negative) comment. There was a problem with the ordering / delivery of this product. I ordered it, the website told me that it had been ordered successfully, thereafter an automated message said it had been recalled, and the goods never arrived. I posted negative feedback, and sent emails requesting information / explanation.

After a few rounds of automated responses, I got a very helpful person on the email who sorted the problem out for me. So now everyone is friends again.

The problem arose as I tried to order the last copy at the exact same time as someone else, and the computer thought I could have the book, when in fact I'd just missed out. No harm done, and the customer services department at the "Perfect used book store" were very keen to put right the mess.

So all in all, a good service.

I've ordered from them before and will do so again, but I might have to temper my own expectations about how much the world relies on computers!

Quartered Safe Out Here
Quartered Safe Out Here
by George MacDonald Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 13 April 2010
Possibly the best book I've ever read. I haven't had the habit of re-reading books since childhood, but this is the exception. Brilliantly well-written, thought-provoking, funny and moving, it is well worth reading. The subject is the second war, which might not be your "thing", but be tempted to look beyond this fact if you want a treat. I loaned my original copy to someone and now can't find it, hence the second purchase.

Canon FS11 Digital Camcorder (45 x Advanced Zoom With 2.7 inch Widescreen Colour LCD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, pretty good, 1 May 2009
I bought this camera to film vox pops / shorts for my business. So far it's been easy to use and everything that was promised. I recently met with a professional video company and they said some favourable things (I felt a little camera envy when I saw their version!)
The one problem for basic video production is the sound quality, but I understand that this is the norm for camcorders, it'd take accessories on any camcorder to get a professional "sound".
I'm trying to find a compatible microphone now, but the canon website doesn't seem to list any compatible products. Does anyone have any ideas?

Overall, the FS11 does what I asked of it, and it was a good price via Amazon sale. Delivery etc was good. I'm happy.