Profile for Goldie > Reviews

Content by Goldie

Goldie "Goldie" (UK)

BeautyLife Flawless Smooth Multi Shape Makeup Cleaning Sponge Powder Puffer (4Pcs Hour Glass Shaped)
Offered by eforlife8

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 16 May 2014
This is a great cosmetic sponge, much cheaper than the more expensive Beauty Blender. It's made of a soft material and make up goes on the skin very smoothly. It's also easy to handle thanks to the hour glass design. It was shipped quickly from Hong Kong and I would highly recommend G for UK.

Tigi Headrush Shine Spray 200 ml
Tigi Headrush Shine Spray 200 ml
Offered by Unwind Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Shinetastic!, 9 Jun 2013
Fantastic product, left hair glossy, shiny and soft. Also tamed those pesky flyaway. Delivery was super fast and item was well priced for a premium product.

Two Fat Ladies - Complete Tribute [DVD]
Two Fat Ladies - Complete Tribute [DVD]
Dvd ~ Two Fat Ladies
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - the original and the best, 21 April 2013
Love this series - not just for the cooking, but also for the banter between Jennifer and Clarisa.
I love the fact that they are both so politically incorrect and tell it like it is - sad that Jennifer passed away, they could have made so many more of these brilliant shows.

Starsky And Hutch: The Complete Collection [DVD] [2006]
Starsky And Hutch: The Complete Collection [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Elisha Cook Jr

5.0 out of 5 stars Supercool !, 21 April 2013
Fantastic series - loved it back in the day and still love it now.
Highly recommend this to young and old.

Van Der Valk - Series 1-5 - Complete [DVD] [1972]
Van Der Valk - Series 1-5 - Complete [DVD] [1972]
Dvd ~ Barry Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nostalgia trip, 21 April 2013
This is an excellent long running series - I personally prefer the later episodes but the early ones are worth a watch.
The late, great Barry Foster WAS Van Der Valk!

Jemima Shore Investigates - The Complete Series [DVD] [1983]
Jemima Shore Investigates - The Complete Series [DVD] [1983]
Dvd ~ Patricia Hodge

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember it!, 5 Nov 2012
Firstly the positive - The DVD is very reasonably priced and was delivered quickly by Amazon.
That's where it ends i'm afraid. I bought this because I remember it being shown on primetime tv when I was very young. It seemed very exciting at the time so when it became available to buy recently I decided to get it. I have to say that I have been left very dissapointed. The storylines are lame, the acting wooden and the show itself is very dated. Even a great actor like Tom Baker can't salvage a wafer thin plot. The first story "A splash of red" shows Jemima Shore being "slapped around" by a drunken rogue and quite happily taking it in her stride - not the sort of behaviour you'd expect from a hard nosed reporter. To sum up, I have been left very dissapointed with this relic of a show, it proves that some things are better left in the past.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 11:20 AM BST

Valupak 21 Days Weight Loss Support Programme 42 Tablets
Valupak 21 Days Weight Loss Support Programme 42 Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissapointing product, 17 Jun 2012
This product did not work for me - and I only wanted to lose a few pounds which is why i thought i'd try it.
I had to stop taking Valupak after 1 week because it made my stomach swell up, caused severe bloating and constipation. There was no way I could continue on it with these side effects.
There was no loss of appetite whatsoever and it even gave me really bad stomach gripes and hot flushes.
I didn't buy it because it was cheap - i bought it because of some of the good reviews I'd read. My weight went up because of all the problems it caused my with digestive system. I won't use this "diet pill" again.

Thriller: The Complete Series [DVD]
Thriller: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars "Truly Thrilling", 13 Feb 2011
I was very young when this series was first shown in the 70s. My dad used to work the night shift, so my mum would let me and my siblings stay up and watch this. Some of the standout episodes include the Diana Dors "Nurse will make it better" amongst others. I was "thrilled" when I discovered this was going to be released as a complete series,and so far I have to say I have not been dissapointed. I am slowly making my way through each episode, and thoroughly enjoying each one. It's also good to see some of the biggest stars of yesteryear in their prime. The boxset itself arrived very quicky and the quality is excellent. All in all I think this is a must have boxset for any self respecting fan of spooky old tv shows, and I give it 10/10.

Sari and Sins
Sari and Sins
by Nisha Minhas

1.0 out of 5 stars Cringeworthy!, 8 Sep 2010
This review is from: Sari and Sins (Paperback)
Firstly, this is not a "new" book, it's been out a good few years.
Secondly, there is nothing remotely funny about it. It's written very crudely and goes into far too much graphic sexual detail, i'm not a prude, but this book is pitched as a light hearted read. The author also seems to be hellbent on ridiculing the Indian culture and it's traditions, and she uses a lot of outdated stereotypes.
I should have known better really, I had the misfortune of reading her first stupidly titled "Chappati or Chips" and that was probably even worse. I won't be buying any of Nisha Minhas' books again in a hurry! I wonder why she is on such a downer with her heritage?

Ten Stations / Mates Dates: An Episode from The Secret Story
Ten Stations / Mates Dates: An Episode from The Secret Story
by Jenny Valentine

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed!, 25 Jan 2010
I bought this book because I thought it was the complete version of the new "Mates Dates book". It is not! Sadly it is only a chapter or so from the real book! Had I known this, I would not have wasted my money, and would have bought the real version! I'm really annoyed, because only when you look at the cover with a magnifying glass do you actually see the words "an episode from!" So unless you only want a little bit of the book, DON'T BUY IT!