Profile for Katya > Reviews

Content by Katya

Katya (Tanzania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mumbai (Bombay) & Maharashtra - Blue Guide Chapter (from Blue Guide India)
Mumbai (Bombay) & Maharashtra - Blue Guide Chapter (from Blue Guide India)

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a con, 19 Oct 2013
This guide is utterly unhelpful, providing no more information than the cursory few pages given to this State by, for example, the Lonely Planet India guide. I expected something more, given the title. A pathetic excuse for a rip-off. And a pity, because I am sure there are travellers interested in a more detailed guide to this part of India. Don't waste your money.

The Siege Of Krishnapur
The Siege Of Krishnapur

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition full of mistakes, 19 Oct 2013
I haven't finished the book yet but so far I am enjoying it very much. But for £4.99 this kindle edition is a bit of a swizz - it's obviously been scanned into digital format and not proof-read as it has a lot of typos. It's a great shame because it does rather tarnish a work more deserving of a carefully produced edition.

The Pocket Parent
The Pocket Parent
by Gail Reichlin

2.0 out of 5 stars Patronising, and nothing new, 14 May 2013
This review is from: The Pocket Parent (Paperback)
You buy this kind of book because you're feeling in need of some help / advice, perhaps your child/ren are playing up a bit, not eating their dinner, going through a tantrum-y phase. Somehow, you hope this book (or any one of the similar things out there) will provide a key.
Of course with a rational head on, you know that if there was a straightforward answer, we'd know about it already. The truth is there is not, and nothing in this book is going to enlighten you. It's all hackneyed, obvious advice, nothing you aren't doing or thinking or trying already. Save your money.

3 pin UK plug Plug for Kindle 3 Pin Plug Charger Adapter For Amazon Kindle iPhone 4 3gs Ipod My-Zone®

1.0 out of 5 stars FIRE HAZARD - EXPLODED - DO NOT BUY, 22 April 2013
I bought two of these expecting lower quality due to the price, but following other reviews I thought I'd take my chances - not a great cost if they were dud.

I plugged one in to a surge-protected 4-gang and went across the room to get my phone so I could charge it up. Fortunately the explosion occurred before I had actually got the phone and plugged it in, so at least my phone was saved. Clearly it is a faulty plug which goes up with a puff of smoke shortly after being inserted into a socket.

Fortunately no harm was done but I won't be trying out the second plug and I wouldn't recommend anyone else waste their money on this potential fire hazard.

Toy Story Talking Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger, Pixar Toy Story Collection (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Simply 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant replica, 6 Mar 2013
This is such a good replica Buzz, you couldn't beat it. It's taken a lot of beating by my 5, 3 and 1 year old, but still works! He says a lot and moves very well, just as in the movie. Much better than cheaper alternatives, highly recommended for Buzz fans.

Toy Story Andy's Toy Collection Sheriff Woody
Toy Story Andy's Toy Collection Sheriff Woody
Offered by icanstores

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 6 Mar 2013
This is an excellent Woody replica - with pull string at the back and a number of easily recognised phrases. If left un-played with for a few minutes he perks up and asks a question (something like "are you still around?") which is funny.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2013 1:37 PM BST

Toy Story Woodys Horse Bullseye
Toy Story Woodys Horse Bullseye
Offered by icanstores

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replica but obviously can't stand up, 6 Mar 2013
My kids don't seem to mind that this toy doesn't stand, but I find that a bit disappointing. Otherwise it's a good replica and very good quality toy.

Toy Story Jessie The Yodeling Cowgirl
Toy Story Jessie The Yodeling Cowgirl
Offered by Daisy D

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 6 Mar 2013
Well, Jessie is not quite as exciting a toy as Buzz but this is still a good quality 'replica' with a pull -string at the back, just like in the film. She has a variety of exclamations you may recognise!

Le Toy Van Mike's Auto Garage
Le Toy Van Mike's Auto Garage
Offered by Little Bundles Traditional Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 6 Mar 2013
This is a delightful garage. It's retro style and colours are fun, and it's fairly simple to put together (but does take a bit of time).

Garden Games ltd Children's Wigwam/Teepee Play Tent - Traditional Wild West Cowboys and Indians design

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to set up, 6 Mar 2013
I do not have this set up 'permanently' and every time I set it up I struggle to get the poles in place so as to create the right shape. The instructions do give a rather complicated order in which to 'thread' the poles together, so I may have got it wrong, but that in itself suggests it is overly-complicated. I think you could find a better wigwam than this, but one advantage of this is that it is collapsible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4