Profile for foodieholic > Reviews

Content by foodieholic

foodieholic (Newcastle upon Tyne)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
To Cook is Divine: Italian, Filipino, and Southern-style Vegetarian Recipes from Outside the Box and The Joy of Vegan Baking

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a waste of money, 18 Nov. 2012
I didn't pay very much for this - kindle edition but was very disappointed with it. The recipes were not particularly inspiring and of the couple did try they did not work for me.

A Table in the Tarn: Living, Eating and Cooking in South-west France
A Table in the Tarn: Living, Eating and Cooking in South-west France
by Orlando Murrin

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for party buffets, 18 Nov. 2012
I borrowed this book from my local library and found it so useful I renewed my borrowing of it for nearly two years. I thought it was about time I gave someone else the opportunity to get the benefit so have finally purchased my own copy from amazon. I particularly recommend the mini chocolate brownies and forgotten cookies.

Winter in the Alps: Food by the Fireside
Winter in the Alps: Food by the Fireside
by Manuela DarlingGansser

5.0 out of 5 stars A real winter gem, 18 Nov. 2012
This is the first book I have purchased by this author but it won't be the last. It is packed full of winter dishes few of which require expensive or difficult to obtain ingredients. The photography is very good - evocative of many a ski-ing holiday. Highly recommended.

Rentokil PS127 Insectrol Moth Killer 250ml
Rentokil PS127 Insectrol Moth Killer 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted out my moth problem!, 30 Dec. 2011
I bought a can when I realised some moths had taken up home in the rug in my front room. A few weeks later my problem was solved. I do give the room a quick spray every few weeks just to make sure. It's really good stuff and it does not have an unpleasant smell.

Local Hero
Local Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album from one of the best films made, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
The whole album is fantastic - melodic, smooth, atmospheric - simply one of the best pieces ever written. If you have not seen the film please do so - not only do you get the great music but an uplifting story and marvellous scenery.

Singles
Singles

5.0 out of 5 stars Alison moyet at her very best, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
I love every song on this album especially ' only you'. Her voice is fantastic - smooth but with power and depth. It's great listening when you just want to chill out with a nice glass of wine.

101 Essential Tips: Training Your Dog
101 Essential Tips: Training Your Dog
by Bruce Fogle

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tips for new dog owners, 20 Jun. 2011
Bought this book when we got our puppy and we learned some useful techniques, some worked better than others but I guess that's because every dog is different so will not always respond to one training method.

EXTRA LARGE PICNIC RUG 170cm x 130cm
EXTRA LARGE PICNIC RUG 170cm x 130cm
Offered by DWD UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Good value size wise but a bit thin on quality, 20 Jun. 2011
I have a similar but smaller rug which is really good. I was expecting the same thickness so was a little disappointed when the rug arrived. Not sure how long it will last.

For The Love of Food: Vegetarian Recipes from the Heart
For The Love of Food: Vegetarian Recipes from the Heart
by Denis Cotter

5.0 out of 5 stars Best veggie book going, 20 Jun. 2011
I enjoy a good steak but with recipes like those in the book I'm becoming less of a carnivore. Dennis puts together some unusual food combinations but they really work. Cauliflower and leek soup with hazelnut gorgeres - delicious! Chard dolmades with cashew nut butter sauce- lush! Some recipes take a little more effort but are worth it. Since a got my copy a few weeks ago it been used at least twice a week. I suspect it will become one of my top 10 cookery books - and I have over 300 to choose from.

The St. Michael All Colour Cookery Book
The St. Michael All Colour Cookery Book
by Jeni Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars An unknown gem, 20 Jun. 2011
I got this book as wedding present nearly 30 years ago. The coq au vin and chilli con carne recipes especially have been staples over all this time and the soups are really good. Some of the photography is a bit dated but was very useful when we organised an 80's themed party recently.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3