Profile for Woodsi > Reviews

Content by Woodsi

Woodsi

Page: 1 | 2
Beyond Evidence (Patrick McLaughlin Book 1)
Beyond Evidence (Patrick McLaughlin Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't read due to the terrible grammar and punctuation!, 26 Jun. 2014
This is the first time I haven't finished a book for this reason, but it was too bad to ignore!

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book!, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Rachel Abbot book I have read and I loved it! Being from Alderney myself I particularly loved some of the descriptions!

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 7 May 2013
Could not put this book down!

A fun and moving account of one man's wonderings in the last 100 years, we hear all about the world's biggest events from somebody who accidentally finds himself in the middle of them. His lack of interest in politics whilst the political upheavals in Europe happen all around him is amusing and endearing.

READ IT.

Switched (The Trylle Trilogy Book 1)
Switched (The Trylle Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, mild fantasy fiction, 24 July 2012
I read all three of the Trylle trilogy books, and I enjoyed them.

They weren't fantastic, they weren't deep, they weren't life changing... but they were good all the same. The book flowed well and was easy to read, the plot was simple, and you didn't have to worry about missing something if you had to put the book down for a minute.

It was just very somple summer reading if you're a fan of fantasy!

The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)
The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 20 Jun. 2012
Finished this book in two days flat, just couldn't put it down! Really made me think about the period of history but also had me guessing and guessing as to who was behind it all! Fast paced and fascinating!

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, really enjoyed it!, 20 Jun. 2012
This book had me gripped right to the very end. From the first page to the moment I turned the last page, I was hooked. In fact, when I turned the last page I ran to my housemate, blubbing about what a fantastic and thrilling book it was!

My fear and pain for the main character kept me up well into the night with a beating heart!

Would definitely recommend.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 24 Mar. 2012
Really really enjoyed this book! I'd heard a lot about it and since I'm not in the UK for the release of the movie I thought I might as well read the book! I couldn't put it down, read it in less than 24 hours, and have just bought the second in the trilogy!!

The Swarm
The Swarm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, couldn't put it down!, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Swarm (Kindle Edition)
This was a fantastic book, couldn't put it down!

I got this book with an introductory offer for just £0.79 after it appeared in my facebook adverts. Intruigued, I thought I might as well give it a go, especially with all the contrasting reviews. I haven't been able to put it down, if I can't be reading it it occupies my thoughts (right now i'm in a lecture, and I can't concentrate so I thought I'd write this!)

The book comes with a warning: it is self published, so nobody has proof read it and there are typos- however in my experience these didn't detract from the book at ALL. The author also notes that he wrote this book like a fiend- he felt more like he was 'transcribing' it than creating it. The book reads as though this is the case- it's a fast-paced short book that has you turning the pages one after the other! It doesn't lend itself well to someone reading just a page or two a day, it has to be read in one huge gulp!!

Well worth a read, especially at this cheap introductory offer! I'm looking forward to reading more from this author!

Hideaway
Hideaway
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoultely fantastic, totally terrifying, 8 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Hideaway (Paperback)
This book was chilling, scary, twisty and thrilling, everything a Dean Koontz should be. It haunts my sleep and even my waking thoughts- read with caution!
Fantastic!!

HIGHLANDER - CS050 - HAND WARMER, POCKET
HIGHLANDER - CS050 - HAND WARMER, POCKET
Offered by Golf Components Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Great and not so great, 13 Dec. 2010
Well when I first bought this product I couldn't wait to try it out! And on the first go, it was fantastic!! It was almost TOO hot (i wasn't that cold, i just wanted to try it!)
One of the problems was that it really smelt like cigars, and in the end i had to put it out (dumped it in the snow) because people were coughing...

Unfortunately, the 12 free fuel sticks seem to be of a completely different quality. They take longer to light, and even after having had it lit and in the open air for a good 5 mins trying to make sure it was lit all the way through (I even watched it burn down!) it went out when i closed the lid- in the time it took me to get on the bus and pay for my ticket!

I want to get the old fuel rods back before I go skiing or I'm going to have to declare that it's a waste of money!

Page: 1 | 2