Profile for dosn't matter who I am > Reviews

Content by dosn't matter ...

dosn't matter who I am "me" (Rugeley, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Mist [Blu-ray]
The Mist [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Thomas Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest horror movies of the decade!, 30 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The Mist [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
To be honest I watched this movie not expecting too much from a Stephen King movie adaption, after such things as "Dreamcatcher" and "Thinner". Although I was completely suprised, for "The Mist" is one of the greast horror movies I have ever seen! It's tense, thrilling, and it's got one of the most fantastic endings that I have ever seen!

Moving on to the Blu-Ray:

Gran Torino [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best movies I have ever seen!!!, 25 July 2009
This review is from: Gran Torino [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Being a big fan of horror I don't usually go for films like this, but having watched it I have fallen instantly in love with it. The superb acting, humour (Walt had me chuckling to myself most of the way through it!), and touching storyline all made this one of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

The only thing that's bothering me is the sound on the DVD, I don't yet own a copy but the copy I rental was extremely quiet.

Anyway, a great film!

Scary Movie [DVD] [2000]
Scary Movie [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Anna Faris
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Filthy but funny!, 18 July 2009
This review is from: Scary Movie [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Although the crude and sexual humour in this movie is a bit too extreme in places, it is still a farely funny movie in places.

It would also help if you had seen the movies this parodies beforehand (for example, 'Scream', 'I Know What You Did Last Summer', etc) you would find it alot funnier.

Although I prefer numbers 3+4 (mostly because they're not as crude and disgusting!) I would still recommend this to any comedy fan.

Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ John Barrowman

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 5 hours of TV I have ever experienced!, 10 July 2009
For some reason, I wasnt expecting all that much from this 5 part miniseries of Torchwood, but about 20 mins into the first part, I knew my expectations were wrong.

A very unique storyline (and fantastic when viewed in HD) sees an alien species, the 456, communicating to humans through the children of earth.

With loads of mystery, drama, action, shocks and suprises, TORCHWOOD Children Of Earth is truly a fantastic experience and in my opinion, a milestone of British television history!

A MUST-BUY!

Horror Classics [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Horror Classics [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars 50 Horror Classics!, 5 July 2009
This is a must-buy for all horror and classic horror fans. With over 50 classics, B-movies, and funny special effect movies, this set will keep you entertained for months to come.

Although some of this boxset are quite bad movies really, there are also a few really good movies.

A must buy, and just to say that although this is supposedly region 1 it has worked on quite a few of my UK region 2 players. ???
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 11:19 AM BST

Saw 2 [DVD]
Saw 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donnie Wahlberg
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 July 2009
This review is from: Saw 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Having heard how good it was, I have to admit I was slightly disappinted after watching SAW (apart from the fantastic ending!). But SAW II is better on so many levels! A must-buy!

The Return [DVD]
The Return [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Shepard
Offered by Killer Deal

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, strange, and confusing!, 4 July 2009
This review is from: The Return [DVD] (DVD)
We all know that the japaneese-based horrors are the same basic story, but this was that story but even worse. It was confusing, wierd, and strange. I didnt really understand what I was watching (maybe I'm thick, but the other person watching it with me didnt either!). Having seen these reviews, it seems this is a marmite movie, but I definetely wouldnt recommend it!

Dawn Of The Dead [1978] [1979] [DVD]
Dawn Of The Dead [1978] [1979] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Emge
Offered by SweetBuzzards

3.0 out of 5 stars What's all the fuss about?, 28 Jun. 2009
Granted, this is a good movie and no doubt a classic for the zombie genre. But it's nowhere near as good as everybody makes it out to be. All the way through the OVER 2 HOUR LONG movie, there's probably only about 40 minutes of action. Quite boring in places, but the comical zombies and fake-looking blood make it funny at the same time!

Still worth buying!

The Eye [Blu-ray] [2008]
The Eye [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Jessica Alba

3.0 out of 5 stars A good little horror!, 27 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Eye [Blu-ray] [2008] (Blu-ray)
I was pleasently suprised when I saw this. I was just expecting something the same as The Ring and The Grudge, but it was suprisingly good! Good chills and jumps in places too!

Hellraiser 3 - Hell On Earth [1992] [DVD]
Hellraiser 3 - Hell On Earth [1992] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Farrell

2.0 out of 5 stars After the 93 minutes of your pain, the end will seem like a memory of Heaven., 11 Jun. 2009
Having watched and liked the first two HELLRAISER movies, motsly due to their originality and fantastic villains, I can say with certainty that this dosen't deserve the HELLRAISER name.

A. What happened to Pinhead? He went from being a menacing and cool villain in the first two to simply Freddy Krueger with pins with his head in this film.
B. The new Cenobites are awful, especially the one with a camera in his head. "That's a wrap"! My God!

Basically this film was bad compared to the other two. What a suprise, the Americans ruined the series!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9